U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2007, 12:09 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
793 posts, read 2,517,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post

Dang Lady,
That there is that Yankee Cornbread like my wife makes...
LOL!! I grew up making it the 'normal' way, without the creamed corn, but a friend made it with the creamed corn, I liked how moist it made it, so I started making it that way. LOL!

How 'bout po' boy's cheesecake with cornmeal on graham crackers and blueberry's on top? YUM!

blessings, Shen
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 12:12 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
In Cosby, TN they have a Ramp Festival. They select a Maid of The Ramps, have bluegrass music and crafts. It's held the first Sunday in May. Don't know anything else about it. Just remember it from the Tennessee Factoid thread.
I'll have to check that out - as well as the BBQ festival.

blessings, Shen

Old 04-22-2007, 12:35 PM

22,538 posts, read 46,107,331 times
Are you sure about that, Shen?

I'll still think this is one of the funniest things I have EVER heard:

I asked them about the dangers of getting sick and Mr. Miller just said, "awww....I've only gotten sick a few times in my life from it, you get better in a week or so...no big deal, they still worth it".

Old 04-22-2007, 12:56 PM

I only eat poke when my mom picks it - I wouldn't know, and wouldn't trust picking it myself. We had some growing in our yard, but I wouldn't know when to pick it, and when to draw the line.

One other good thing, my mom has never visited me here where I moved to when I married Lou. Know why? Because it's north. LOL! According to her, if you live north (and we're about 100 miles north of her) all people are snobs. So, when she heard that we may move to TN, she got all excited. So, she'll have her own room when we move, as well as being able to visit her cousin in Murfreesboro.

I don't eat ramps anymore - I'm still a newlywed and wanna keep my hubby!

blessings, Shen

Old 04-22-2007, 01:04 PM

You're lucky! My mom won't come down here, even if I'm sick. She's a dyed-in-the-wool New Englander. Won't leave the area!

Old 04-22-2007, 01:14 PM

Oh no! We run down to visit with my mom every few weeks or so, at the same time to visit my kids and grandkids. That's what upsets me, tho, is that my kids and grandkids will be so far away, but, then again, I almost married a Canadian, which would've been an even longer trip to visit. I keep telling my son, daughter, sister and mom that Southwest flies into Nashville, and that fares are relatively cheap. We'll try to make our place the main vacation spot for family and friends back here in PA, so they'll come visit us!! Everyone camps, fishes and hunts, so, we're planning on getting some good acreage with either a creek or near a lake to fish. I saw a place that fronted on Clear Creek - I started drooling - I could just picture me, steps away from my back door, flyfishing. But, it only had 5 acres, and I want more. I plan on getting a few sheep, maybe goats, some chickens, ducks and I'd love at least one more dog. Hubby's not a country boy, so he's got some things to learn, but I'll be doing the pilotting, I guess (pile it here, pile it there...).

blessings, Shen

Old 04-22-2007, 01:30 PM

Shen, the neighbor has a family of ducks that live next door. They walk down to the creek everyday. They also come over to our street, especially when it rains. They love that weather. Sometimes they get in the street and spread out so you can't get around them. If you honk the horn, they honk back!

The neighbor had some chickens and a rooster, but the dachshund on the next street killed them! When the rooster was alive, it use to have a fit when the ducks walked to the creek. He felt that they did not need to go there without his permission!

Lately, we've seen a wild turkey eating in the field. He's so cute!

Have you seen JMarkey's elk?

Old 04-22-2007, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Have you seen JMarkey's elk?
Yes, I saw the pic's! She's beautiful! We're about a one hour drive from Elk County PA, go fishing there, and see alot of wild elk. The Amish live near us, also, and there's a farm where they have a couple elk they're keeping.

blessings, Shen

Old 04-22-2007, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
The neighbor had some chickens and a rooster, but the dachshund on the next street killed them! When the rooster was alive, it use to have a fit when the ducks walked to the creek. He felt that they did not need to go there without his permission!
I joined the Freecycle group for Putnam County to check things out, and spotted someone posting for chickens. Good idea!
We used to have a couple of ducks, one rooster, a couple of sheep, horses, dogs and cats. The rooster tried to boss the ducks too, but they ignored him. Goodness, he had the most awful sounding crow you EVER heard!

blessings, Shen

Old 04-23-2007, 07:56 PM

5,985 posts, read 3,642,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
There's also the Doodle Soup Festival in Gibson County.

There is apparently nothing we won't hold a festival for.
You're right, Alleycat. I would like to organize a Festival Festival. It would be a festival for lots of people to get together and organize more festivals. What do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee