Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 07:01 PM

665 posts, read 1,926,200 times

Advertisements

I hope not to jinx myself, we have just about sold our home and bought one in Bean Station, just have to close on both, on Sept 18th, We will be in Tn, on Sept 26, we gave the older gentleman we bought from more time. We cant wait,but believe me is wasnt an easy ride,with all the inspections we had to do in Jersey I cant wait to get out! I am so excited, but a little scared,.I look forward to the beauty of TN.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 07:17 PM
pdq

170 posts, read 527,416 times
Scared? What scares you?

Culture shock? Oh yes you will experience that full force.
Scary people and places? Yes possibly, a meth-ed out trailer with piles of junk around. It's not Camden but it can be just as bad in places. Sort of like Camden all spread out and tucked away in the mountains.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:43 PM

1,323 posts, read 4,701,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post
I hope not to jinx myself, we have just about sold our home and bought one in Bean Station, just have to close on both, on Sept 18th, We will be in Tn, on Sept 26, we gave the older gentleman we bought from more time. We cant wait,but believe me is wasnt an easy ride,with all the inspections we had to do in Jersey I cant wait to get out! I am so excited, but a little scared,.I look forward to the beauty of TN.....

Congratulations! I'm sure you will love Tennessee. I only wish I could move as soon as you are. You'll be there in time to see the changing of the leaves in Fall. Best wishes.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:57 PM

302 posts, read 1,443,884 times
Thumbs up We'll be right behind you!!

Live in Orange County NY, just passed our inspection and will be in contract end of the week. Figure to be in Rogersville Oct.1st!! Know what you mean by scared. more nervous, but not about the people or place More the change and making new friends where you know no one. Maybe we will meet at Heritage days in Rogersville in Oct.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:18 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,078 times
We're hoping to be coming down in a couple years, but are buying land now...

Lacey, I grew up in Montgomery! And Phyll, as you know we're in NJ now (hopefully not much longer).

Is it destiny?

Old 09-03-2007, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdq View Post
Scared? What scares you?

Culture shock? Oh yes you will experience that full force.
Scary people and places? Yes possibly, a meth-ed out trailer with piles of junk around. It's not Camden but it can be just as bad in places. Sort of like Camden all spread out and tucked away in the mountains.
I have been fortunate NOT to see anything like that in Tn , not saying they dont exist, I am not scared of the people,I think my fear just comes from moving 10 hrs away from where I am.There is bad areas everywhere,Culture schock?I know when I come down I will learn their ways,not expect the peolpe to "how we do it up north",.Camden is another thing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjlacey View Post
Live in Orange County NY, just passed our inspection and will be in contract end of the week. Figure to be in Rogersville Oct.1st!! Know what you mean by scared. more nervous, but not about the people or place More the change and making new friends where you know no one. Maybe we will meet at Heritage days in Rogersville in Oct.
I agree its not the people, or place.We are moving to Bean Station, little town , also knowing no one,but I am OPTIMSTIC!It is so beautiful in TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
We're hoping to be coming down in a couple years, but are buying land now...

Lacey, I grew up in Montgomery! And Phyll, as you know we're in NJ now (hopefully not much longer).

Is it destiny?
do you know where you are looking for land? I will be glad to get out of Jersey, ridiculous prices, and the shore area is getting so overbuilt and crowded...I believe it is destiny

Last edited by mbmouse; 09-03-2007 at 08:34 AM..

Old 09-03-2007, 08:42 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Congratulations Phyll! Welcome home.
I know moving to an new area can be stressful and a bit scary. You sound like you have a great attitude so you should be fine. Just be patient with the new neighbors, more than likely you will come across 3 types of people in Bean Station: 1, Will welcome you with open arms and invite you to the local church and ask all about you and bring you some cookies and iced tea. 2, Those who will wait to learn more about you and feel you out before they get too friendly 3, Those who won't like you at all just because "you ain't from round here" but they might warm up after a long period of time when they realize you aren't going to change anything.
Be friendly and respectful of all 3 and you will be fine and really enjoy your new home town.
I am not all that far away so if you ever need anything, I'll see what I can do to help you out. Have a safe move.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Congratulations Phyll! Welcome home.
I know moving to an new area can be stressful and a bit scary. You sound like you have a great attitude so you should be fine. Just be patient with the new neighbors, more than likely you will come across 3 types of people in Bean Station: 1, Will welcome you with open arms and invite you to the local church and ask all about you and bring you some cookies and iced tea. 2, Those who will wait to learn more about you and feel you out before they get too friendly 3, Those who won't like you at all just because "you ain't from round here" but they might warm up after a long period of time when they realize you aren't going to change anything.
Be friendly and respectful of all 3 and you will be fine and really enjoy your new home town.
I am not all that far away so if you ever need anything, I'll see what I can do to help you out. Have a safe move.
Thank you so much for your offer, and I hope to just live peacefully n Bean Station,and really I have no right to even think of changing anything, I am the newcomer .I can undestand the peolpe in #3, but we are just blue colla workers, down to earth,just want to live in your beautiful state.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:53 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,078 times
Phyll, as we speak we are doing feasibility studies (lol survey, soil studies) on a piece of property almost on Watts Bar Lake on the Kingston/Loudon Border. Praying for a positive result so we can close and be Tennessee landowners!

Old 09-03-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Phyll, as we speak we are doing feasibility studies (lol survey, soil studies) on a piece of property almost on Watts Bar Lake on the Kingston/Loudon Border. Praying for a positive result so we can close and be Tennessee landowners!
I wish you ALL the best,I cant wait to leave Jersey.The madness of trying to keep up here..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee