U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2007, 08:07 PM

6,290 posts, read 20,561,593 times

Advertisements

We're suppose to get some much needed rain by the middle of this week. Thanks for sending it down.

(Actually, our rain comes up from the gulf.)

I think it topped out at 88 today.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 09:16 PM

13,905 posts, read 2,918,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
We're suppose to get some much needed rain by the middle of this week. Thanks for sending it down.

(Actually, our rain comes up from the gulf.)

I think it topped out at 88 today.
No! I mean usually it does but this time the river banks are overflowing and I used my special powers to send it down to you. You know there were a lot of witches out of Salem Mass. that probably came up here with the rest of them. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 05-01-2007, 09:21 AM

81 posts, read 275,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northcountrygirl View Post
No! I mean usually it does but this time the river banks are overflowing and I used my special powers to send it down to you. You know there were a lot of witches out of Salem Mass. that probably came up here with the rest of them. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Hey Girl......Pleeez send some out to us. We are sooo desperate for rain.!!! Actually the 96 we had wasn't bad at all. We had a nice breeze and the humidity was low enough so it was pretty nice. Suppose to cool off by the weekend into the 70's. Boy, we are having the strangest weather!!!! The big worry is fires out here. Poor Georgia is having a time with that right
now On second thought NCG, maybe send it to them......no wind, just rain to help out the firefighters

Old 05-01-2007, 11:56 AM

6,290 posts, read 20,561,593 times
Sunny and warm in Nashville today. Still no rain.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALML View Post
Hey Girl......Pleeez send some out to us. We are sooo desperate for rain.!!! Actually the 96 we had wasn't bad at all. We had a nice breeze and the humidity was low enough so it was pretty nice. Suppose to cool off by the weekend into the 70's. Boy, we are having the strangest weather!!!! The big worry is fires out here. Poor Georgia is having a time with that right
now On second thought NCG, maybe send it to them......no wind, just rain to help out the firefighters
I will do my best. I have to go find a toad It was sunny and in the 60's today. I thank you all very much. It's supposed to rain again tonight so I'll try to steer it that way. If I can find two toads I'll send you some too

Old 06-11-2007, 05:16 AM

10 posts, read 28,710 times
Heeyy! I know know what a swamp cooler is. I am currently living in a desert region. Simple contraption, but about as usefull as a floating anker(sp) or a screen door on a submarine. Problem is the water sits on the bottom of the cooler,touching the metal and warms up. So when it is too hot or humid outside(when need it the most) they DON'T WORK

Old 06-11-2007, 08:18 AM

247 posts, read 600,814 times
I moved to Memphis from southern Maine five years ago. I have acclimated to the hot weather. The 90s don't bother me as much as it did when I first moved here. We're having a much cooler spring than last year. Just this week we have settled into the 90s and there's no looking back to the 80s for months now. The humidity has been low this spring. It showed up only last week.

I'm going to Maine on Wednesday for two weeks. I am going to be so cold. I have to pull out my long sleeve tops and pants for this trip. Oh, yeah, and fleeces for nighttime. I've been wearing shorts for two months now. Oh, well. Can hardly wait, though.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:01 AM

5,985 posts, read 3,643,286 times
Default Hot?

Last week was extremely hot in Kingsport. One day I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:32 AM

763 posts, read 1,294,624 times
Default Will there even be a chase come August?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Last week was extremely hot in Kingsport. One day I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking.
What a hilarious mental image that conjures up!

Old 06-12-2007, 07:50 PM

I just spent 6 days in Nashville and the temperatures were in the upper 90's most of the time. Tennesseans are right. It is hotter. Although we have temperatures in the 90's as well, for some reason it feels hotter in Tennessee. It feels like the sun is closer to you. You can actually feel the intense heat on your skin. However after a couple of days I seemed to get used to it. If July and August in Tennessee are no worse than that I will have no problem. I have allergies and usually the humidity bothers me, but in Nashville for some reason I was not bothered and could actualy breathe better. I don't know what the difference is, except maybe a difference in vegatation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or