U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 09:50 PM

7,281 posts, read 18,703,493 times

Advertisements

To get to Warriors Path you have to go to and through Colonial Heights which has been brought up here a few times. Here are some pics. Again, so sorry about the yucky, buggy windshield
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Sorry, zoom was too zoomed but this is a really pretty church.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
At the park entrance
[IMG][/IMG]
Pool house/concession stand (this part hasn't opened yet for the season, but it is an Olympic size pool behind the building)
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
One of the playground areas for the kiddies on top of the hill
[IMG][/IMG]
Boat area and where you can rent paddle boats and such
[IMG][/IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Fishing area
[IMG][/IMG]
The new play ground they put in this year
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Then we left Warriors path and headed towards Kingsport
[IMG][/IMG]
My favorite street in down town Kingsport.
[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2007, 10:15 PM

13,905 posts, read 2,916,426 times
Thanks for sharing these. I didn't get to see any of the Eastern part of Tennessee when I was down there. We went straight down from Nashville to Lawrenceburg and then East and West some. It's great to get a look at the contrast in the mountains. Great pictures thanks. I checked out the pictures in the other post also.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:48 PM

5,985 posts, read 3,640,122 times
Mbmouse, I've enjoyed these pictures and all of those you've posted previously. At one time Warriors Path was the most visited state park in the state. Do you know if this is still so? You and I are almost neighbors as I live between Kingsport and Fall Branch. I intend to post some pictures of my area if I ever become smart enough to do it.

Old 04-21-2007, 11:14 PM

13,905 posts, read 2,916,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Mbmouse, I've enjoyed these pictures and all of those you've posted previously. At one time Warriors Path was the most visited state park in the state. Do you know if this is still so? You and I are almost neighbors as I live between Kingsport and Fall Branch. I intend to post some pictures of my area if I ever become smart enough to do it.
I wish you would. I would love to see them. When you can only visit for a couple of short days you don't get to see alot. Come on I know you can do it.

Old 04-21-2007, 11:33 PM

98 posts, read 349,395 times
Nice Pics Ms Mouse.

I really take notice that it seems like the landscape changes once you get out of Knoxville going down I-75 South. Its like we have more plush, thicker farm fields, and Its more green.
Where I noticed that on 81 and 40 from Bristol to Knoxville, Its more rolling hills,and it takes a while longer for the trees and flowers to bud.

Either way. this is in the top 5 most beautiful states in the whole U.S.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Yes, we are about neighbors!
I have no idea about the stats for Warriors Path. I do know they did a lot of renovation work over this past year. They added the second, much bigger play ground and fixed roads. They still have the Frisbee golf course through the woods, hubby likes that part hahahaha. We did not go up to the swimming area so I don't know about that part, but it sure is a great park that seems to have something for everyone.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:57 AM

81 posts, read 275,187 times
Great pic's. I agree with NCG it IS so nice to see the area!!!

Any idea on how it got its' name? Wasn't there quite a few Cherokees in that area. My Grandmother (Mom's side) was half Cherokee. They were from Oklahoma so were probably moved out from the East...maybe "Trail of Tears" I keep saying someday I will do an extensive search. Just haven't got around to it yet.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:02 AM

Not sure on the name, I will look it up. My hubby is part Cherokee too. Yes, they are all over the Smokie Mountains.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:10 AM

33,949 posts, read 32,379,274 times
Great pics, mbmouse. I have a question. What's a paddle boat? Can you fish out of it? I know john boats, rowboats, canoes and kayaks. I have seen paddle boats mentioned on state park websites. I'm just wondering if it's a different name for one of the aforementioned boats or if it's a different kind of boat, entirely.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:18 AM

It is a different type boat. there are two seats, side by side and each person has a set of pedal's at there feet and to make the boat move, you have to pedal it like a bike. There is a ruder in the middle between the two people to steer the boat. No they are not conductive to fishing, but they are fun and good exercise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee