Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2007, 09:10 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times

Advertisements

For anyone interested, UT coach Pat Head Summit will be on The Tonight Show tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 10:29 PM

13,353 posts, read 39,959,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
For anyone interested, UT coach Pat Head Summit will be on The Tonight Show tonight.
I just finished watching Pat Summit with Jay Leno. She is a GODDESS!!! We are extremely fortunate to have such a classy lady as head coach of the Lady Vols.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:31 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,233,138 times
I just watched it, as well. Well done, Pat. You did us proud!

Old 04-24-2007, 03:44 AM

Might have been better if I had spelled her name correctly. It's "Summitt" not "Summit".

She and I both went to the same elementary school in Montgomery County; although she was in a higher grade. When she got older, her family moved a couple of miles to be in Cheatham County so that she could play basketball. At the time Clarksville High didn't have a girls team. If I remember correctly, there was a girl killed playing basketball at CHS sometime in the early sixties, and after that they didn't have girls teams for twenty years.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:39 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,378,519 times
Quote:
Might have been better if I had spelled her name correctly. It's "Summitt" not "Summit".

She and I both went to the same elementary school in Montgomery County; although she was in a higher grade. When she got older, her family moved a couple of miles to be in Cheatham County so that she could play basketball. At the time Clarksville High didn't have a girls team. If I remember correctly, there was a girl killed playing basketball at CHS sometime in the early sixties, and after that they didn't have girls teams for twenty years.
Doggone it, I forgot to watch that show. Well, maybe they'll re-run it. Have you read Pat's books? They are great, especially "Raise the Roof" which is about the undefeated 1998 season. But I'm afraid she might have revealed too much in that book that other coaches could capitalize on. For example, Tamika Catchings chose Tennessee because Pat was the only head coach who did not promise her a starting position. That is integrity.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:50 PM

61 posts, read 243,196 times
I wish I had seen her last night also. My wife & I just love her. I was never a basketball TV fan until HBO did a special a few years back when she had the continuous winning seasons. I became a big fan after watching that special and now we watch every game we can. She is an incredible lady and motivator (although not much of a singer......nuf said). The things she has done for Tennessee are just incredible. I wasn't aware of her books but will have to find them.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,028 times
Default I'm looking for info

I'm looking for all the info I can find to see if a girl was killed at CHS playing Basketball. I also looking for any video footage on Trish (Pat Summit) Head plating basketball in high school if any body can help. Also any pictures form the 1st grade to the 12th.
Thanks
Butch Hawkins
Sportscrewing@aol.com

Quote:

Old 10-08-2007, 09:15 AM

I replied to your private message with a few more details. You might want to call her mother Hazel Head who still lives in Cheatham County as far as I know. If anyone would have school day pictures, she would.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:37 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUtch Hawkins View Post
I'm looking for all the info I can find to see if a girl was killed at CHS playing Basketball. I also looking for any video footage on Trish (Pat Summit) Head plating basketball in high school if any body can help. Also any pictures form the 1st grade to the 12th.
Thanks
Butch Hawkins
Sportscrewing@aol.com
Depending on what you are going to do with footage of Coach Summitt, you may want to call the UT Women's Athletics office for assistance, guidance, photos, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: