U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 03:16 PM

630 posts, read 2,176,677 times

Advertisements

Yes, y'all probably noticed that my forum name changed from TNBound to IdahoReturn.

We had a wonderful time in Tennessee, but, the job just wasn't going to work out for us.
We'll be heading back to Idaho.
The cost of living is a little higher, but, it will be ok.
We know everybody there, and it's been home to me for a long time.

We went to Springfield and my husband talked to the Postmaster. We also went to Whitehouse and Clarksville.
In Springfield, they had just hired someone, and the job coming up didn't have the hours.
In White House, they were cutting back, and just wanted someone to pick up the slack.
In Clarksville, my husband would be working out of four different offices, and would have to learn 16 different routes.
It was just way too much for him. He would also be expected to work all shifts.
We met one of the guys from this forum... and he let Hayley sit in his firetruck.
She played with his boy, and really had a great time.
WE went to church on Sunday, and Hayley sang a song for the congregation.

We absolutely loved the Portland area.
It has a little downtown, and the area is pretty much flat.
The area around Springfield is very hilly... it's beautiful, but, has some very steep hills.
We looked at Real Estate, and figured it would be hard to go up those hills in the winter when it was slick.
My Dad told us that he can't even get up his hill. They have to wait until the roads melt off.

Our friends took us out to eat at "The **** of the Walk", in Nashville.
Absolutely loved it.
Such an original concept, eating out of pie plates, and a mound of food sitting in front of you that you all share.
I love the way they cook their catfish.
We hit rush hour Nashville traffic, and it really wasn't that bad.
Considering that we live in the Twin Cities, and rush hour is horrible.

Thank you all for the wonderful advice, this is a great forum.
Will try to post some pictures.

We had a great visit to Tennessee, and I would love to move back home near my family, but, it's just not going to happen.

Sorry, it's taken me a bit of time to post.
Our daughter is Miss Minnesota Princess, and her reign will be over in July.
We've been busy with Baseball, parades and community activities. Last weekend, we were volunteers at the Earth day Half Marathon in St. Cloud, along with the other Queens.
It's been hectic.
Today, was Hayleys birthday, she turned 8.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 03:42 PM

390 posts, read 1,540,604 times
So sorry it did not work out for you to move back to TN. I know you guys will do great in Idaho though. I have seen you write about your faith here, so I know you know there is a purpose in everything.....maybe down the road TN will still be an option, who knows!

Take care and many blessings to you all!

Robin

Old 04-24-2007, 05:09 PM

2,067 posts, read 5,192,944 times
I was just wondering about you. I'm so sorry things didn't work out as you had hoped, but as you know, it's not so much where you are, as it is who you're with.

Now, I'd love to know the name of the restaurant you ate at. Could you send me the name pretty please?

Happy birthday to Hayley!

Old 04-24-2007, 08:08 PM

117 posts, read 432,827 times
Aww, Happy birthday hayley! Thanks for sharing your advice and suggestions in the forum here. Everyone has appreciated it. Maybe someday you will return to TN. I hope everything goes well with your house getting sold and your transfer to Idaho! I will be praying for you!

Old 04-25-2007, 07:40 AM

7,281 posts, read 18,701,492 times
So sorry things didn't work out for you.
But the adage is true, what is meant to be will be. You may not like it right now, but the true reason will be clear soon enough and you will be happy.
Happy Birthday Hayley!

Old 04-25-2007, 07:49 AM

I didn't realize that the name of the Restaurant had been deleted out.
It's because it could be used as a bad word... even, though, it's not a bad word, it's the name of a male chicken.
So, I am going to post a picture of the sign.... hopefully, I can do this right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
I was just wondering about you. I'm so sorry things didn't work out as you had hoped, but as you know, it's not so much where you are, as it is who you're with.

Now, I'd love to know the name of the restaurant you ate at. Could you send me the name pretty please?

Happy birthday to Hayley!
Attached Thumbnails
A big Update-smcockofwalk.jpg  

Old 04-25-2007, 07:53 AM

I know that "All things work together for good."

Our house still hasn't sold yet, but, I think our Realtor held off a little, because we are installing a new kitchen floor tomorrow.
It was the last thing that we really needed to do to our house.
It's the first thing you see when you come through the door, and even we didn't like it.
The new floor will add so much to the house.
So, right now, my stove, and refrigerator are sitting in the front room... LOL..
The floor will be in sometime tomorrow, and everything will be put back the day after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbyrd View Post
So sorry it did not work out for you to move back to TN. I know you guys will do great in Idaho though. I have seen you write about your faith here, so I know you know there is a purpose in everything.....maybe down the road TN will still be an option, who knows!

Take care and many blessings to you all!

Robin

Old 04-25-2007, 07:56 AM

6,290 posts, read 20,545,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post

It's the C o c k of the Walk over in Music Row.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:57 AM

We took Hayley to Famous Daves last night, and let her have whatever she wanted. They brought her a big chocolate sundae with a large sparkler on it.
They do that for all the birthday people... it was Hayleys favorite part of the whole meal.
She had a really great day.
Oh, and she was just asked to present flowers to the ladies at the Mrs. Minnesota Pageant in June.
It will be televised, and really good exposure for her.
We'll be pretty busy from here on out.
She has Baseball (the only girl on a team with 11 boys), and parades, and community volunteering.... then, comes her pageant in July, where she will crown the new Princess queen.
Lots of stuff to do..
Hey, I'm too busy to move.... LOL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen1972 View Post
Aww, Happy birthday hayley! Thanks for sharing your advice and suggestions in the forum here. Everyone has appreciated it. Maybe someday you will return to TN. I hope everything goes well with your house getting sold and your transfer to Idaho! I will be praying for you!

Old 04-25-2007, 08:18 AM

Hayley says thank you for the birthday wish.

We have gotten so busy since we got back from Tennessee.
Hayley is the Miss Minnesota Princess, and now that it is nicer out, all of the parades are starting to be scheduled. Last weekend we were the water volunteers at the end of the Earthday Half Marathon.
2500 people and wouldn't you know it, the majority came at us all at the same time.
We had over 6 tables full of water, and it took them less than five minutes to totally deplete our supply.
In about 15 minutes we had no more water, and so, they brought out gatorade for us... it took 10 minutes and it was all gone.
So, our job was done.
We had to send them all inside for water after that.

Hayleys activities have really picked up, and now, I am absolutely too busy running her everywhere to even think about moving. LOL..

The new floor for the kitchen will be put in tomorrow, and after that... I expect the people to start looking at my house.
No more delays.

If we sell the house before summer, then, we will temporarily rent.
We are basically taking baby steps.
First, comes the sale of the house.
Second, will be our transfer
Third will be our move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
So sorry things didn't work out for you.
But the adage is true, what is meant to be will be. You may not like it right now, but the true reason will be clear soon enough and you will be happy.
Happy Birthday Hayley!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee