U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-24-2007, 08:22 PM
 
Location: Another Day Closer
13,905 posts, read 2,916,821 times
Reputation: 3483

Advertisements

Hey! I'm just curious. How's the weather been down there lately? We just went from the high 40's and 5 inches of rain in 24 hrs to 85 degrees on Friday. It was 75 today and now it's going back down to the 50's tomorrow. I don't know what's going on. I know it gets hot down there and 85 is nothing but when you go from 40 to 85 and back to 50 it reeks havoc on you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-24-2007, 08:31 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
6,290 posts, read 20,550,416 times
Reputation: 1666
It's been nice. It's been slightly cool at night and then it warms up by early morning.

If anything, we need more rain. We're behind for the year.

The weather here in April always bounces around, although not as much as this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2007, 08:34 PM
 
Location: Another Day Closer
13,905 posts, read 2,916,821 times
Reputation: 3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
It's been nice. It's been slightly cool at night and then it warms up by early morning.

If anything, we need more rain. We're behind for the year.

The weather here in April always bounces around, although not as much as this year.
It looks like we've got more rain coming (like we really need it). They still haven't fixed half of the roads and bridges. I wish I could send you some. I'd be happy to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2007, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Seattle
6,486 posts, read 13,783,847 times
Reputation: 2764
It almost rained this afternoon but didn't. It's been really nice the past few days, a b it of wind, highs in the upper '70s. Poifect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2007, 05:06 AM
 
Location: South of DAYTON
1,232 posts, read 4,175,409 times
Reputation: 604
Default DRY Hiking Weather

N.C.G. . S.E. part of state is dry, but not as severe as Georgia. We have read about the New H floods, use to vacation there. Georgia got nasty tornadoes last month , now on forest fire duty.
We had a few 86 degree days which got the plpants / trees blooming , then a few days 25 - 27 degrees, hurting fruit crop and killing all leaves. Temps lately upper 70's , and great for trail hiking. We seem to get a change every three days. Florida motto was "If you dont like the weather, just wait 10 minutes, it will change."....... A few guys jumped of the tarzen rope into the river on saturday, but still chilly for outdoor swimming.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2007, 05:13 AM
 
Location: Another Day Closer
13,905 posts, read 2,916,821 times
Reputation: 3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT View Post
N.C.G. . S.E. part of state is dry, but not as severe as Georgia. We have read about the New H floods, use to vacation there. Georgia got nasty tornadoes last month , now on forest fire duty.
We had a few 86 degree days which got the plpants / trees blooming , then a few days 25 - 27 degrees, hurting fruit crop and killing all leaves. Temps lately upper 70's , and great for trail hiking. We seem to get a change every three days. Florida motto was "If you dont like the weather, just wait 10 minutes, it will change."....... A few guys jumped of the tarzen rope into the river on saturday, but still chilly for outdoor swimming.......
Great picture SPLIT. Thanks everybody. It looks like the crazy weather is everywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2007, 09:11 AM
 
Location: Pleasant Shade Tn
2,214 posts, read 4,995,738 times
Reputation: 545
I am a little burned out on Tennessee weather myself-but that's just because I'm starting to relish warm, dry, climates. Tennessee is beautiful and is 'home' to me, I guess. I think I'm just tired of hay fever and cold winters and humidity. It's sad to see all the dead trees right now, due to the cold snap we had. All the fruit farmers lost their crops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2007, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Another Day Closer
13,905 posts, read 2,916,821 times
Reputation: 3483
Well we're under major flood warnings again. It is supposed to rain from Thursday night until Saturday night. The riverbanks haven't subsided from the last go round yet. Here we go again. The storms coming East from the Mid West so I suspect that some of you have already experienced it. Any damage? Tennessee, any rain in your forecast?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2007, 03:37 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
6,290 posts, read 20,550,416 times
Reputation: 1666
We were suppose to have some heavy rains today but I haven't seen it yet. It's sprinkled just a little this morning. It's been a pretty nice afternoon, sunny and warm.

Now they're saying it'll be stormy tomorrow morning. What do they know.

Last edited by alleycat; 04-25-2007 at 03:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2007, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Another Day Closer
13,905 posts, read 2,916,821 times
Reputation: 3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
We were suppose to have some heavy rains today but I haven't seen it yet. It's sprinkled just a little this morning. It's been a pretty nice afternoon, sunny and warm.
I'll trade Oh well, pretty soon I'll be able to take a canoe to Tennessee and save the air fare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top