U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 06:14 AM

13,905 posts, read 2,917,600 times

Advertisements

I was going to ask this on the birds thread but I didn't want to go off topic. One of the things I enjoy most when it gets warm enough to sit outside at night are the frogs. We have several types of frogs here from tree frogs to bullfrogs. When they all strike up a chorus it can be a symphony of different pitches and sounds. Believe it or not it is a very relaxing thing. Are there many kinds of frogs in Tennessee? I hope so cause I'll miss my concerts With all of the water up here right now you can imagine the performance their putting on. They're quite happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 06:21 AM

6,290 posts, read 20,554,762 times
Yeah, there's a variety of frogs, including bullfrogs. Bullfrogs tend to like farm ponds.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Yeah, there's a variety of frogs, including bullfrogs. Bullfrogs tend to like farm ponds.
Oh good! I'm glad. Picture it: somewhere in Tennessee, sitting on the back porch, coffee after diner, listening to the live frog concert.....Pure Bliss. My husband always tells me I'm a cheap date

Old 04-25-2007, 06:28 AM

Yeah, and you can enjoy the cricket concert in September.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Yeah, and you can enjoy the cricket concert in September.
You're right!!! I forgot about them. You know the more I've read here the more I've noticed that there aren't that many differences between here and there. That's probably why we love it so much. It has all the best from here without some of the bad. I guess country is country.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:54 AM

61 posts, read 218,055 times
We have a lot of spring peepers here in NE PA. I have a small pond on our property and they've been hollerin' for the past few weeks. I absolutely love it! One of our firefighter's (transplanted fm NY) says they drive him nuts. To me it is sweet music to fall asleep to!

Old 04-25-2007, 06:59 AM

We probably have more possums . . .

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
A: To prove to the possum it could be done.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighterdon View Post
We have a lot of spring peepers here in NE PA. I have a small pond on our property and they've been hollerin' for the past few weeks. I absolutely love it! One of our firefighter's (transplanted fm NY) says they drive him nuts. To me it is sweet music to fall asleep to!
I know what you mean, there are people around here too that tell me they would drive them crazy and they'd shoot them all. I guess it's an acquired taste but I love it too. Especially the type of tree frog we have that we call "peepers". Talk about surround sound. It sounds like it's coming from everywhere.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:05 AM

7,281 posts, read 18,710,291 times
Quote:

One animal we don't have in TN (well maybe in West but not East) is armadillos but we know of them......we just call them opossum on a half shell

Old 04-25-2007, 07:15 AM

Quote:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the chicken joke I swear all we need here is Ridgerunner this morning to complete this comic trio and people in offices all over the country would be sitting at their desks laughing hystericaly and falling off their chairs. HEY! Maybe we can take control of the world!!!

I'm sorry! I'm under control now. I have my coffee. I'll be alright in a minute. Actually we did have a possum in our garage last year. I was shocked because I didn't even know we had them up here. I've lived here all my life and never even heard of them around here. I was told that they are migrating north. I wonder why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee