U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 11:34 PM

81 posts, read 169,973 times

Advertisements

I will be heading up to see Cookeville and surrounding areas and Chattanooga and surrounding areas. Any places I should avoid? Which areas are less congested? I am looking for property from middle ,Tn and east or south. Can't get to tri-cities this trip. I can't wait to get there! Since it looks like we can't move very soon. I'm looking into cheap property in beautiful country setting, yet fairly close to amenities. 70,000 and lower. Prefer creek or water view of some sort. Hopefully that will start us off and then we can sell or build dream home on property later. Thanks for any info. I love to hear all of your opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 11:37 PM

Also, If anyone can recommend any websites or specific places to look that would be great. I have looked on Realtor.com. Thanks!!

Old 05-03-2007, 12:08 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,819,272 times
Check out the Chattanooga Realtors website for listings in that area (do a Google search)

And for lots of pictures & video from Chattanooga & Knoxville...check out this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/tenne...ce-please.html

Old 05-03-2007, 07:11 AM

Thanks Tridad. I didn't get to see all of your videos, but I sure do not want to drive that road you were on! I too am from south florida flatlands. I love the mountains, just not driving on them. Where was that one again?

Old 05-03-2007, 07:18 AM

390 posts, read 1,541,768 times
That was one of the roads going up to Signal Mountain!

Hope you have a safe and productive trip!

Old 05-03-2007, 07:50 AM

11,614 posts, read 31,815,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsmith2240 View Post
I will be heading up to see Cookeville and surrounding areas and Chattanooga and surrounding areas. Any places I should avoid? Which areas are less congested? I am looking for property from middle ,Tn and east or south. Can't get to tri-cities this trip. I can't wait to get there! Since it looks like we can't move very soon. I'm looking into cheap property in beautiful country setting, yet fairly close to amenities. 70,000 and lower. Prefer creek or water view of some sort. Hopefully that will start us off and then we can sell or build dream home on property later. Thanks for any info. I love to hear all of your opinions.
One of the nice things about a place like Cookeville is that there's really no place to avoid. It's a clean town, safe, prosperous, there's no ghetto, no areas you wouldn't want to walk the streets at night. Even though it's a university town and is packed with shopping centers and restaurants, there's no congestion, no traffic. There's a ton of beautiful countryside with creeks and streams and a few lakes. I'll see what I can dig up and PM you some info.

Best of luck to you!

Old 05-03-2007, 08:04 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,819,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsmith2240 View Post
Thanks Tridad. I didn't get to see all of your videos, but I sure do not want to drive that road you were on! I too am from south florida flatlands. I love the mountains, just not driving on them. Where was that one again?
That was the infamous W Road. I think it should be renamed Z Road because those hairpin turns were intense for a flatlands guy like me. What part of So FLA are you from? We're in Sunrise

Old 05-03-2007, 11:12 AM

I am in Sunrise also. I live in Welleby. Did you finally decide on Chattanooga area? I thought I heard you say there is alot of traffic. Was that in most places there? I really want to escape the traffic. That is one of the things that drives me crazy here. I also want to find a good church wherever I go up there. We won't know anyone if we move. I really want to move like now, but my hubbie is reluctant. He has a good job down here and is afraid of the unforseen. I am obsessed right now with Tennessee. I don't know if you can relate. But I have prayed about it, so maybe God wants me to do this research right now. Please keep in touch and thank you so much for the inforrmation. I loved your roadtrip!

Old 05-03-2007, 11:17 AM

22,538 posts, read 46,123,072 times
FSmith:

Two points of advice:

You will find a church. Trust me. There is a church on every street corner and two in between. I live out in the middle of nowhere, population of 4,000 people and 6,000 livestock. Still, there are FOUR churches within one-half mile of my house.

Make sure you have a job before you move. Start looking now. The husband will be less reluctant if he knows he can find work.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:28 AM

Thanks Hipnaster, Believe me I have been looking for a job for my husband. I've found a few things, but he is scared to make a change. Sometimes, it isn't exactly what he is doing now but related. Anyway, I am determined to find him the right job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or