Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 02:38 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,803,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

And I really want in on that Polish dinner!
You're definitely invited!

Oh, I've had quite a few of those Lifetime movies life, too, and call myself blessed that God brought me thru those times.

You know that blessing: "May you live in interesting times."? Well, I think someone blessed me with that at one point or another, and life has been quite 'interesting'. You learn from the bad, apply it to the good, and stay on the course that leads you home. And keep smilin' Hiknapster! I want to see that smile one day!

blessings, Shen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 04:38 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
I've always wanted to write a book. I feel that God just gave me great material.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:10 PM

665 posts, read 1,925,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenandoah View Post
Like AlleyKat said, you may only hear them every so often from hunters in the area. I don't know if you're moving to the country, suburb or city, but my suggestion for taking a course really is pertinent to everyone. I've worked in the city, almost have been mugged. I much prefer the country, country life, and country down home people. It's home to me, what I'm used to. And like you, I smile all the time, and people think I'm weird for it, but how can I help NOT to smile? I've been blessed, life is good (with a few speed bumps thrown in for balance), but I've found that more often than not, if you smile at someone and say hello, how ya doing? They'll answer back. Very very few people look at me as if I were nuts to talk to them, or totally ignore my chitchat. It's the way I was raised. To go back to hearing people say Sir and M'am. To help your neighbors out, give someone a hug and a hand up when they're down. IMHO, that's the way it is no matter where you live, if you live out in the country. It's the way we act here, but I've also lived in town, worked in the city, and see the way people treat each other there. I don't want that. It's cold and unfeeling, and humans weren't made to be that way.

Some people don't think so, but church is a huge factor in this. People quote the 'Golden Rule', but where do they think that rule came from?

Anyway, I'm rambling on, and this thread has gone way off subject. Goats chickens and rabbits - and donkeys! I want them all, except for the rabbits..... my daughter has had some as pets, I've had them in my garden, and I'd rather not have them as pets. So, I'll stick with goats, sheep, chickens, ducks, dogs, cats and a donkey! My husband just hasn't a CLUE what he's in for!!!! LOL!!

So, Phyll - HUGS to you! And here's hoping that we'll each find our small piece of heaven in Tennessee!

...and btw...when Lou and I move there, I'm planning on having a good traditional dinner, with pieroghies, kielbasa and sauerkraut, haluski, nutrolls, and I may even attempt a shoe fly pie! (see the thread on TN food) So, you're invited too!

blessings, Shen
Thank you for a spectacular letter!I am hoping to find something in Dandridge
we like the idea of the water as we live at the Jersey shore, but we LOVE the mnts too, so for us it seems Dandridge has the best of both worlds.I want that country life also, so sick of the coldness here and freshness.Il would like to own goats and chickens , but I have to learn about the care of them first ...lol, I pray everyday God will bless me when I am ready to look for a home it will go aliitle smooth. My life has been difficult at times, I AM blessed with a son and daughter and a beautiful grandaughter.But 9 yrs ago I lost a son at 20 yrs old.So I have known heartache, but have stood by MY belief that just because I lost a son that doesnt give me the right to treat people like crap.I still smile .Thanks for the hugs, and right back at ya !!! Hey kielbasa , pieroghies, sauerkraut,Thats MY kind of food, I am 1/2 pole! lol Kielbasa mmmm,good stuff lol NOW i rambled .iT WAS so good TO WRITE TO YOU!!!HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! PHYLLIS hugs to you!

Old 05-12-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I've decided that I'm not a city girl, too. I come from a small town, but I always thought it was a BIG town. My mother still lives there. I talked to her this morning, and yep, she's convinced she lives in a REALLY big town. It has 14,000 people in it!

I smile at everyone, too, and I have had a pretty bad life, about 10 Lifetime movies rolled into one. Doesn't matter. There is absolutely no reason not to smile. Sometimes I think I smile a lot because I'm constantly thinking, "Whew, I got through that mess!"

And I really want in on that Polish dinner!

Phyll, you'll do just fine. I can't wait to have another New Jersian here! Yay!
I know what you mean about living 10 lifetimes! read my post youll see. BUT I AM NOT saying my life is or was harder than yours , Its all relative! Oh , I am so sure you want another NORTHERNERN moving to your beautiful state,one comes , they all come ...LOL, JUST KIDDING , Thank you for your kindness I really appreciate the kindness shown to me on this board! now you know thats one reason I love TN

Old 05-12-2007, 06:46 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
No, Phyll. I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm a northeasterner, too. I grew up in a Polish town. I REALLY want you to move here.

However, I heard the Dandridge Lake is drained every winter by the TVA. Lots of complaints about that. I guess it turns to mud?

Maybe someone will come along and confirm?

Old 05-12-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
No, Phyll. I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm a northeasterner, too. I grew up in a Polish town. I REALLY want you to move here.

However, I heard the Dandridge Lake is drained every winter by the TVA. Lots of complaints about that. I guess it turns to mud?

My family came fro upstate ny where there was alot of polidh folks too. I REALLY want to come too .wish I didnt have to wait . But good things come to those wh wait.....I hope .I wonder why they drain it?

Old 05-13-2007, 03:37 AM

4 posts, read 11,720 times
Yep, They drain the bottom out of it every winter. It's actually called douglas lake. Cherokee lake is also pretty close by. They drain most all of the lakes here in east TN. They do it for flood control and I think it also has something to do with keeping the TN river flowing at full force so the barges on it can operate all year. TVA has caught alot of heck over it the last few years and I think they are suppose to start keeping the lakes full for longer if possible. I wouldn't worry about it though. Its cold that time of year and most people don't want anything to do with a lake at that time anyway. Some people like me actually don't mind it being drained. It makes the fish move and if you know what to do they're easier to catch. You can also scour the lake banks looking for arrowheads or even lost fishing lures. It's amazing at what people drop overboard and you can find when the lake drops. Usually the items aren't any good but interesting none the less.

Phyll you picked a good spot with dandridge. It is a beautiful place. Just like you said the mountains and a lake to boot. Can't ask for more than that in my opinion. I live about 30 miles from dandridge but frequent the area alot in the summer to fish. The fishing is great on douglas lake.

Last edited by BOAT RIDE; 05-13-2007 at 03:52 AM..

Old 05-13-2007, 07:08 AM

Quote:

No , I knew you werent being sarcastic, In was oly kidding .Thank you for everything!!!!!! phyllis

Old 05-15-2007, 05:49 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,828,546 times
There are several sites on yahoo groups that are in tennessee. Many have just what your looking for. Also there are alot of acutions for animals around. And some are yearly events. You can also get them at the county and state fairs.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,952 times
I need to rent some goats to clear a Kudzu field in Vonore TN call Larry 865 856 3062 lanzpl@hot mail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee