Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2009, 08:06 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,752,493 times

Advertisements

My parent's live on Watts Bar, but they are out of the country right now. I'm in Maryland. They have people checking on the house, but I'm "in charge" if something goes wrong ( I suggested someone local). I haven't heard from anyone yet, but I know TN has gotten a ton of rain the past week or so (all my friend's back home keep talking about it on facebook). So, any reports from the field? I guess its worse down in Georgia, but was wondering if TN has seen any effects? TVA says its sitting at 740 (full pool) right now, and not predicted to go much higher. But at 745 they can't get down their street and I should call someone to make sure the boat is tied up properly.

So, I guess the question - has the rain been bad enough that I should be concerned over the next week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 04:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,045 times
Here teh TVA website: TVA: Reservoir Information

Old 09-23-2009, 08:27 PM

821 posts, read 2,011,564 times
there has been allot of rain, but I think their place should be ok
(I live less than 20 miles from the dam)

Old 09-24-2009, 06:10 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,752,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubytue View Post
TVA says its sitting at 740 (full pool) right now, and not predicted to go much higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgiltnan View Post
Here teh TVA website: TVA: Reservoir Information
Thanks, but I had that link (see my quote above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach1966 View Post
there has been allot of rain, but I think their place should be ok (I live less than 20 miles from the dam)
Thanks! I was hoping for folks who live around there and could give me word. I would hate for them to come home to find their boat sank or something. It happened one time, Dad left it tied too tightly to the dock, and they raised the water up. Funniest (now) part is the boat was swamped, but floating with a couple inches of the gunwhales above the water. So dad jumps in to start bailing Boat sank to the bottom and they had to drag it, under water, to the neighbor's ramp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee