Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 06:07 PM

231 posts, read 595,490 times

Advertisements

Old southern town. Not much in the way of employment there, but opportunity is great in nearby Huntsville, Al. 4x4 height is whatever you want. I doubt many people ever really think about the "race issue". The countryside is beautiful. Don't think there is a Pit Bull ban, but any Dog that offered to attack people wouldn't likely last long around there. It's basically a small Southern Town. The crime rate is low.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:55 AM

2 posts, read 5,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn5 View Post
Some of my best friends are former Northerners.

Thank you for the positive feedback. It helps to know when I move to Fayetteville that I may be able to make friends and good to know there are other outsiders in the area.

I have horses and haven't found many forest preserves or riding trails in the Fayetteville area. Does anyone know of any public trails?

Thank-you

Old 06-12-2011, 03:35 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,188,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdhrobin View Post
Thank you for the positive feedback. It helps to know when I move to Fayetteville that I may be able to make friends and good to know there are other outsiders in the area.

I have horses and haven't found many forest preserves or riding trails in the Fayetteville area. Does anyone know of any public trails?

Thank-you
Very little public land and/or trails in Lincoln County.
I'll see one of my BILs later this week who rides and ask him. I know they usually leave the county for weekend trail rides unless they're riding on their farm.

You should be able to make friends. I'm not from here and I've actually had a few people speak to me.
However, there are some who still will remind me I'm not from here, although I've been here off and on (mostly on) for over 30 years.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:09 PM

451 posts, read 1,371,829 times
The place where i work in Fayetteville is always needing a CNA to do in-home care for the elderly and disabled. Pay is $10.21 per hour. It's not great, but not bad either for around here.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:45 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,287,508 times
Petersburg area north of F'ville is an area where there are lots of groups who trail ride together. they get together and ride prearranged rides on private property. Sometimes they are conducted as fund raisers for charities or neighbors who have medical or crisis needs. Most folks involved are nice and seem to welcome newcomers. contact the city hall, post office, bank, or convenience store; they can probably give you information on who is organizing a weekend trail ride.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:36 PM

231 posts, read 595,490 times
Default Jobs in Fayetteville, Tn.

There are few jobs in Fayetteville and those are mostly low paying. Nearby Huntsville is another story provided you are High Tech qualified. I think 4x4 height requirements privide that it's ok as long as you can walk upright under the thing witjhout bumping your head-otherwise you may be required to lift her another 4 inches. No Pit Bull ban, however, if that thing even looks like he wants to attack someone........

Old 06-16-2011, 08:52 PM

557 posts, read 1,675,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdhrobin View Post
Actually, there are LOTS of other "outsiders" in the area. Don't worry, you will find them. And, I never seemed to have any trouble getting accepted by the locals; just be yourself and be friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee