Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 12:35 PM

83 posts, read 242,213 times

Advertisements

I want to move to Tennessee from michigan and as it seems so do alot of people. What I was wondering is???? are there just as many people moving out? Are Native Tennessiens tired of new people? We just love the way of live that is "seen as the south", but is there room in your hearts for yet another transplant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 01:07 PM

569 posts, read 1,424,672 times
Well....just speaking for myself. There's always room for nice people....so come on down !

Old 11-06-2009, 01:25 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
I'm not tired of transplants! Obviously!

Oh, and I am one.

Really, if Knoxville turns into another Fort Myers, Florida, I would move in a heartbeat. Money does not buy true happiness and I never want to see that lifestyle again.

There are transplants in Knoxville, but the area seems to attract very nice people. If they aren't nice, they seem to leave. I'll give you a hint. If you are nice then you will be welcomed with open arms.

You recently asked a similar question, I think. What has caused you to feel this way?

Old 11-06-2009, 02:02 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,347,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinityjoy View Post
I want to move to Tennessee from michigan and as it seems so do alot of people. What I was wondering is???? are there just as many people moving out? Are Native Tennessiens tired of new people? We just love the way of live that is "seen as the south", but is there room in your hearts for yet another transplant.
I'm speaking for myself only, but I'm not tired of people moving in. I'm a transplant myself as is Bill.
I understand your fear of the unknown and your concern about being accepted, we've all probably thought about it at one time or another, but I'm starting to wonder if you aen't talking yourself out of the move?I know packing up and moving away from a place you've lived almost your entire life isn't easy. I did it 4 years ago with Bill and have never regreted our decision to move to Tn. I love it here and consider this my home. If you move here with the mindset that you are moving to a new home, I'm sure the transition will be easier on you.It is all social skills that will be the deciding factor if you enjoy it here or not.If your mind is made up that you don't want to move to Tn. then it will be rough on you mentally. I think you need to ask yourself if this is really what you want to do, because all of our posts assuring you about Tn. aren't going to change your mind.
I hope you can find peace regarding your decision to move to Tn.
Pam

Old 11-06-2009, 02:15 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,842,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinityjoy View Post
I don't think so..

And there definitely are not as many people moving out. Nashville is one of the fastest growing large metro areas and East TN is seeing a lot of growth too. Some areas around Memphis and Jackson are also growing quickly.

I live in Hendersonville, near Nashville. The city only incorporated 35 years ago and it already has a population of over 50,000. I think it makes the city very friendly and welcoming. Everyone is used to being the "new kid on the block," so they remember to treat all the other new people warmly and kindly.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:28 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times
I've lived here all my life, and I have no problem at all with new people moving in. In fact, the nicest people I meet are usually transplants from the North. I don't think many people are leaving, though I would like to if I can ever afford it.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:20 PM

851 posts, read 2,457,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I've lived here all my life, and I have no problem at all with new people moving in. In fact, the nicest people I meet are usually transplants from the North. I don't think many people are leaving, though I would like to if I can ever afford it.

Why is it that you would like to leave?
And what State would you like to move to?
If you don't mind me asking.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:59 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA TO NIOTA 2010 View Post
Why is it that you would like to leave?
And what State would you like to move to?
If you don't mind me asking.
My main reason for wanting to leave is the hot summers. I'm just so tired of heat 6-7 months out of the year. I also find that I share so little in common with almost everyone I know or meet, that I just don't fit in anymore. Basically, I just need a change.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:42 PM

851 posts, read 2,457,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
My main reason for wanting to leave is the hot summers. I'm just so tired of heat 6-7 months out of the year. I also find that I share so little in common with almost everyone I know or meet, that I just don't fit in anymore. Basically, I just need a change.

If you don't like the summers there, you really don't want to move to FL. It's hot here just about year round.
Where do you think you would like to move to?
The only problem with moving because you don't fit in, what if you feel the same way at the new place. Then what?
How long have you lived in TN?
Keep looking, you'll find what you are looking for. Keep your chin up.
Hope you have a nice weekend.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:38 PM

97 posts, read 271,764 times
Come on down!

When the Saturn plant opened in Spring Hill about 1990, somewhere around 6,000 to 8,000 GM workers moved here, most from Michigan, and a lot of them say they won't go back even thought the plant is closing. I have two neighbors from Michigan and a lot of my kid's friends at school were from there. They're all nice people, good neighbors, and have changed my town for the better.

You'll feel welcome in TN, and warmer.

I've met quite a few people who have moved here from California and Chicago for the quality of life, schools, and lack of crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee