Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 02:00 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,621,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
dogcrazy, it sounds like you are doing everything right.

We got our dog at the local county shelter. It is a beautiful facility.

new division street facility

i can't say enough about young williams and its people. It's the kind of place where you want to go every day and just hang out!

Harvey comes from there:

[img][/img]

harvey is gorgeous!!!! Good luck with him.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 06:13 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,856,918 times
lol i made the move from CT to rural west tn with 2 dogs, 2 cats a macaw and 2 parakeets in the car...motel 6 are REALY pet friendly LOL!

in terms of the origional question (i know this is an old thread)
im a single younger woman, a pagan, and i gues youd call me a liberal (though i only get involved in politics if i feel i REALY have to.) im origioanly from england and moved here From CT
when i first told people about moving i got the whole redneck, religious right crazy schpeil too...

ive been here 1 year thus far and had no problems. every so often ill get a church invite, i politley decline and the suject is always nicely dropped
thus far everyones been polite frinedly laid back and genuinly seem ALOT happier than anyone in CT...its a much slower pace and while they probbaly call me that crazy godless chick behind my back, thus far ive met noone who hant been very polite and frinedly.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:22 PM

231 posts, read 595,437 times
Default Moving to Tn from ny

in general, people in Tn. don't care where you're from-it's how you act that counts. One thing you may want to consider is confining your animals to your own property. People from all over move into the Countryside and proceed to their Dogs run wherever they want. Many Country people have had bad experiences from Dogs harrasing and killing their livestock. This is particularly bad when Dogs form packs. People have even been threatned by packs. If you don't control them someone else just might.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee