Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 03:12 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenandoah View Post
Unfortunately, some things done 'in Jesus Name' truly are not done by His teachings. Christ taught:

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." (Jesus as quoted by John 13:34-35)

People seem to forget this, or to ignore that commandment.

blessings, Shen
Don't I know it.

I write about a lot of personal things on CD. There is something a bit like that, that I wrote on the "religion" forum. It was probably one of the best things I ever did. Good luck finding it, though. I write so much on here that it's hard to weed out my posts!

There are a lot of great folks on this website. You might want to check it out Shen. You'd be a great contributor on the religion forum.

I'm a little bit nervous about reading that book. I didn't know so many people knew about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 03:22 PM

764 posts, read 1,456,458 times
Default Not MORE books!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenandoah View Post
HappyAppy: Have you read Young Patriots and Jefferson's Great Gamble by Charles Cerami? I highly, highly HIGHly recommend both books.
I'll break my "read only" rule just for you!

No, I haven't read them, but I'll look for them now that you've told me about them. I sure have bought a lot of books since I've moved to Tennessee! Higher education; not too many things better than that.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:28 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,803,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
There are a lot of great folks on this website. You might want to check it out Shen. You'd be a great contributor on the religion forum.

I'm a little bit nervous about reading that book. I didn't know so many people knew about it!
LOL - All I need, yet another forum to add to the ones I already post on! I'm manager of a few Christian ones, as well as a few ones on early American history, as well as a member of some book readings, general interest, now City-Data Forums on PA, TN, and Politics now. I did scan down the postings on the Religion Forum, spotted a few I'd like to read, but will be reading them, and knowing myself, I won't be able to resist jumping in now and then!

I haven't read 'Jesus Land' yet, have read about it, have heard others review of it. I'll have to put it on my list. I only have about 200 books sitting there waiting for me to read them, that I've picked up. Right now, I've got 3 books in progress. Usually I've got 5 going at once. Must be a slow month....

From all I've heard about it, you'll like it. I'll pick up a used copy somewhere and read it at my leisure.

blessings, Shen

Old 05-31-2007, 03:44 PM

The only time I hurt myself after surgery was last weekend. I carried too many books out of the library!

Who the heck gets a library injury?

(I'm fine now! Going back to work on Sunday!)

Old 05-31-2007, 04:31 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,803,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
The only time I hurt myself after surgery was last weekend. I carried too many books out of the library!

Who the heck gets a library injury?

(I'm fine now! Going back to work on Sunday!)
Oh man, Hiknapster!!! LOL!! If I see a Book Sale sign on the local Library, I'm in there. And I LOVE the Fill A Bag for $5 sales! The librarian was simply amazed that I was able to fit all of those books into one bag. I told her I'm a professional at this. I'll come out with at least 3 bags full. There goes my back!

Good to hear you're doing better!

Hey, I couldn't resist it - I posted in the Religion Forum. LOL!

blessings, Shen

Old 05-31-2007, 04:37 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
All these book lovers! Well, guess what . . . I'm a writer as well. In fact, I'm a moderator on a writing forum. ;-)

Can I recommend a couple of books by friends . . . The Gentle Axe by Roger Morris (just published by Penguin and reviewed in the New York Times) and The Pacific Between by Ray Wong (he recently visited Nashville for the first time and I showed him around).

Last edited by alleycat; 05-31-2007 at 05:24 PM..

Old 05-31-2007, 05:03 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Hello, my name's akm4 and I'm a bookaholic.

Anyone else going to Al Gore's book signing tomorrow? I can't wait.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:16 PM

akm4 is SNEAKY, putting the Gore book-signing on the Fred Thompson thread!

I didn't know about it and have never been to Nashville.

Alley Cat: I was a newspaper reporter for many years. I need to start writing, again. I'll check out your friends' books.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:23 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
We sure take a crooked path on these threads . . . from Fred Thompson to book signings.

Speaking of Thomspon, I heard something funny today . . . supporters of Thompson are being called "Fred Heads". They've even come out with a tee-shirt. Ahh, politics again takes the high road. What next, Gore Bores?

Old 05-31-2007, 05:27 PM

764 posts, read 1,456,458 times
Default I won't do it again! Promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
We sure take a crooked path on these threads . . . from Fred Thompson to book signings.

Speaking of Thomspon, I heard something funny today . . . supporters of Thompson are being called "Fred Heads". They've even come out with a tee-shirt. Ahh, politics again takes the high road. What next, Gore Bores?
Gore Scores!

(Oops! Back to the closet.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee