U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:37 AM

2,350 posts, read 7,228,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You guys all assumed the original poster was Mexican.
Since the OP was in search of bilingual schools yes I did assume that Maybe they were looking for areas that had SMALL populations and didn't want to get bashed so they did some reverse psychology on us! Dagnabbit! Foiled again! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 01:09 PM

21,626 posts, read 30,614,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You guys all assumed the original poster was Mexican.
Assuming is never a good thing.

However, Mole poblano, whose name comes from the Mexican state of Puebla, is a popular sauce in Mexican cuisine.

Besides, he says in one of his other posts that his wife is Mexican.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:19 PM

762 posts, read 933,710 times
Default A double helping for me, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
. . . However, Mole poblano, whose name comes from the Mexican state of Puebla, is a popular sauce in Mexican cuisine . . .
My favorite Mexican dish is chicken (pollo?) en mole. I wonder if it's really a genuine Mexican dish or another of the Americanized versions.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:24 PM

Mole is authentic Mexican cuisine.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:58 PM

60 posts, read 221,424 times
Monterey does have quite large Hispanic population due to the Perdue plant. In the Cookeville area, you'll find plenty of resources. We have a well developed ESL program in our schools, and many churches have a Spanish-speaking service.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:45 PM

113 posts, read 281,071 times
Default Me Too!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyappy View Post
My favorite Mexican dish is chicken (pollo?) en mole. I wonder if it's really a genuine Mexican dish or another of the Americanized versions.
The best! Living near Salinas, CA you would think there would be fantastic Mexican restaurants......not so much. Best pollo en mole I have ever had was in L.A.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:52 AM

913 posts, read 2,455,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
I'd say that fortunatelly, there are just a few "latinos" in Tennessee. And I say fortunatelly, because I cannot understand why somebody wants to come to this country, and then prefer what left behind instead of the culture and traditions of his new country. Isolating and segregating to create a minority is not good. There is nothing wrong in keeping the flavor of the culture but must be blended and melted into the American to create on bigger and stronger culture. That meling start with forgetting Spanish, at least from the front door of the house, and learn a perfect English.

I doubt TN people will tolerate something like Miami or California. And to tell you the truth, I am the first one against it.

Amen...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Old 06-11-2007, 01:35 PM

243 posts, read 604,666 times
Default Mexican Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
If you want the real deal, Main Street downtown has some diners that you just have to try. Shrimp stew, REAL tacos and burritos, smoked chicken YUM!!! Now these places look kinda seedy but if you want some GREAT food and are tired of the Tex-Mex we get served everywhere else that's the place to go! They might have someone to translate for you If you want something typical, try Cancun or Amigos. Good and reliable "Mexican" food. The Chimichanga is my fav.
You haven't lived untill you have "Fresh Green Chili" , it is only grown in Las Curces and Hatch, New Mexico. Oh, Green Chili Stew with a fresh Tortilla, out of the world. I buy a sack of Chili every fall and roast out on the grill. The smell is wonderful especially on a cloudy, rainy day. I have overnighted this stuff back east to friends and family and now someone will have to do the same for us. It's not cheap to overnight but it is certainly worth it!!! We will be in Tennessee by the middle of July, just sold our house here in New Mexico. I am a grengo but love mexican food!!!!! Oh and don't forget the Sopapillas!!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMM,Great with honey or stuffed.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:48 PM

2,350 posts, read 7,228,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klosk View Post
You haven't lived untill you have "Fresh Green Chili" , it is only grown in Las Curces and Hatch, New Mexico. Oh, Green Chili Stew with a fresh Tortilla, out of the world. I buy a sack of Chili every fall and roast out on the grill. The smell is wonderful especially on a cloudy, rainy day. I have overnighted this stuff back east to friends and family and now someone will have to do the same for us. It's not cheap to overnight but it is certainly worth it!!! We will be in Tennessee by the middle of July, just sold our house here in New Mexico. I am a grengo but love mexican food!!!!! Oh and don't forget the Sopapillas!!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMM,Great with honey or stuffed.
And when exactly will you be here? ........

*belly rumbling*

Old 06-11-2007, 02:57 PM

Klosk: That sounds incredible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee