U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 08:57 PM

4 posts, read 6,115 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone

I'm worried , excited , nervous lol I will be moving to clarksville .... my sister is already there .. but what should I be concerned about ?
I'm single and my sis is married .. so we have two different lifestyles .. in NY I work in media .. moving to TN i'm planning to start my own little buss.

Help!! lol
Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 09:26 PM

555 posts, read 545,988 times
What kind of work in media? Do you work for an ad agency? It might be a little more difficult finding a job in Clarksville.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:05 PM

4 posts, read 6,115 times
yup I do work for one of the big agencies .. Oh i'm sure it is .. but I'm looking for a change in my life .. so my sister and I will be starting a small business. I'm more worried about life style lol .. I know Clarksville is a family town .. but i'm single .. NY has tons of things to do .. and I know this will dramatically change for me..

Old 03-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Status: "You've grown up really crazy! - Eisley" (set 11 days ago)

21,686 posts, read 32,137,861 times
Have you ever been there?

Old 03-12-2010, 12:36 AM

555 posts, read 545,988 times
NYC to Clarksville will be major culture shock. I haven't been through Clarksville in several years and I think it's grown recently but it's gonna be a lot different than NYC. There'll be less things to do, fewer choices in restaurants, etc. but also lower taxes and a completly different atmosphere.

You should visit there before you move.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:01 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,492,891 times
Have you ever been upstate NY? Would you consider moving upstate?

Old 03-12-2010, 01:31 PM

369 posts, read 903,301 times
I think upstate NY would count as being rather urbane compared to Clarksville...

-an upstate NYer by origin + long time southern resident

Old 03-12-2010, 01:46 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,492,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piedmont View Post
I think upstate NY would count as being rather urbane compared to Clarksville...

-an upstate NYer by origin + long time southern resident
Very true Piedmont, I agree completely. But I asked those questions to gauge how the OP looks at the difference between the city and upstate. If they see as upstate as a bunch of backwards yokels, then chances are the OP will not like the difference in culture shock they will experience in Clarksville, Tn. If the OP finds upstate charming and a desirable place to live, then Tn. will be a welcome lifestyle change, don't you think?
Pam

Old 03-13-2010, 06:31 PM

11 posts, read 26,038 times
I moved to Clarksville from New Jersey 3 yrs ago. Compared to nyCITY it will be a huge difference. Not nearly as much to do and next to no nightlife. Most people- if they need to get out and have some fun (esp us younger ppl)- we head to Nashville. Nashville is still nothing compared to NYC in terms of shopping and activity but there is a bit more options in activities. Lots of bars, concerts, and a much better mall than here in Cville. Clarksville isnt exactly out in the country either, though. There is a good mix of people due to the military so you wont find yourself surrounded by all southerners. Though there are quite a few families- there are lots of single (mostly men) due to the military as well. It is very populated, though, with young families w/ little kids here.

Cville is a growing city and constantly growing in population and businesses. I dont know how successful your biz would be here but it could very well do well in this kind of town. There will be an adjustment period for you but if you can get used to things being a little more quiet and be ok with limited options for entertainment- you'll do just fine. Oh- but eat some good food before you come because there is NO food here in TN that is like NJ/NY food. I think the wide variety of different foods is one of the #1 things I miss.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,062 times
help.. i want so bad to move to tn.. i want a small town. where the church has cook outs. blue grass music is the hip.. and can sit out on the front porch and breath the good old mtn air.. where moonshine is still made.. and home made apple pie and a cup of coffee is shared with a good old boy. and your screen door snaps shut before u can get out of the way i have lived in the city all my life but my heart hurts for a small town. i need this so bad.(mayberry town) if anyone knows of a place please let me know. so so tired of the fast pace .thanks e-mail addy is teresabonilla@msn.com

Last edited by nana_of_12; 03-16-2010 at 04:29 AM.. Reason: for got some thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee