Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2007, 04:24 PM

97 posts, read 395,871 times

Advertisements

My house goes on the market tomorrow in florida. I'm looking to go to TN. My husband is nervous about moving again. Moved from Ct to Fl.,and now looking for a real place to settle down. I was looking at Mt Juliet area, someone mentioned Johnson City area. What is the difference with these areas? I'm a nurse so can work anywhere, he is retired off Fire Dept in Ct. so that's not a problem with jobs. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thankyou.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 04:35 PM

2,106 posts, read 5,788,257 times
I guess my simplified suggestion would be to wait until you current house sells before you move. It seems like many people do that for some reason these days. The market in FL is now... more challenging. Once you've sold and see what you made, then you can start the process of moving. A nursing job should be no problem. In fact, last time I looked , there was a mention of the shortage of nurses in TN in general.

I can understand your husband's nervousness over moving...again. I would make sure that this is as much his decision as yours.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:36 PM

13,354 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Home View Post
My house goes on the market tomorrow in florida. I'm looking to go to TN. My husband is nervous about moving again. Moved from Ct to Fl.,and now looking for a real place to settle down. I was looking at Mt Juliet area, someone mentioned Johnson City area. What is the difference with these areas? I'm a nurse so can work anywhere, he is retired off Fire Dept in Ct. so that's not a problem with jobs. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thankyou.
Mount Juliet is a suburb of Nashville. Johnson City is a real town (not a suburb) in the Tri Cities area of Northeast Tennessee. Mount Juliet has no downtown, very little history. But as far as suburbs go, it's a nice one. It's close to a couple of lakes and isn't too far from the Nashville airport.

What made you look at the Mount Juliet area? Are you looking for a suburban environment?

The Johnson City area (the Tri Cities) is much more mountainous and has cooler, less humid weather. It's also a bit more isolated in that the Tri Cities airport is pretty small and has ridiculously high air fares compared to Nashville.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:26 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Hi,
I just replied to your other post about jobs in Tri-Cities area but just read this one where you say you are originally from CT and then to FL. I did the same LOL! I grew up by Colchester Ct, moved to Jupiter Fl, (could not stand FL in comparison to CT!) and then after 11 LOOONNNGGG years in Fl, I moved to North East TN, I LOVE it here! My children are getting a great education and there are lots of things to do and cost of living is SOOO much cheaper than in CT all the way around and we don't have to shovel snow for 5 months either but still get 4 seasons.
If you at all like me, liked CT, didn't like Fl, you too should love the Tri-Cites area.
But JMT is right, if you do a lot of travel by plane, Nashville has MUCH cheaper flights than Tri-Cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee