Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:06 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,348,128 times

Advertisements

We landed in East Tn. and I can't say enough wonderful things about this area. First we lived in East Knoxville(this country girl loved Knoxville) and now we are living in Dandridge. The people are friendly and the cost of living is reasonable.
I think the natural beauty of this area is unrivaled and the Smokies are really close as is Pigion Forge/Sevierville area and the Smokey Mountain National park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 01:45 PM

7 posts, read 17,616 times
Default East Tennessee

Keep coming East-- Greeneville. Great rural small town with parks, river, mountains. Two smaller hospitals here-- short commute 30minutes to 1 hour depending on where you go to larger hospitals/ trauma centers.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:31 PM

27 posts, read 85,764 times
Thank you thank you thank you. We are committed to moving in early August so I'm in a bit of a panic! Thanks so much!

Old 06-15-2007, 07:46 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca2tn View Post
Thank you thank you thank you. We are committed to moving in early August so I'm in a bit of a panic! Thanks so much!
It sounds like you really do need to come visit first. West Tennessee certainly has its qualities, but East Tennessee definitely wins the beauty contest.

I really think a good compromise would be the Cumberland Plateau where you have the higher elevation like in East Tennessee (hence the milder climate), it's only an hour from Nashville or Knoxville (depending on where you are on the Plateau), it's largely rural but has excellent, and I do mean excellent medical facilities, particularly in Cookeville, although the Crossville hospital is also very good. And if you want to go visit your relatives in West Tennessee, the Cumberland Plateau is that much closer than East Tennessee.

Best of luck to you! We'll be anxious to hear how it goes for you.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:13 PM

2 posts, read 5,572 times
I lived in Cleveland TN. Nice area, hospitals were okay to work at. I actually worked in Etowah, but that hospital there is going through major changes and had financial problems. My friend works in Athens hospital. It seems like a nice area. I would definately go back to this area and wish we didn't move west. Best of luck to you.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:15 PM

27 posts, read 85,764 times
I must say, the thing that makes me feel peace is that the people from Tennessee are so very very nice and willing to help. Please know that I so appreciate the good wishes and the advice. I look forward to our journey.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:54 PM

26 posts, read 76,922 times
West Tennessee is a great choice to me. U have plenty of smaller towns and country areas for your farm way of life and then u have bigger cities for those amenities that you might desire. One good thing about West Tennessee is that you are centered between the two largest cities in Tennessee, that being Memphis and Nashville. Between the two, you can get flights pretty much anywhere in the country with little ground travel time. Also you have Jackson, where I live. Although its not a city for country life the surrounding towns and counties are. Jackson population is approx. 65,000 and one of the best cities to work in if you are in the medical field. Check out West Tennessee Healthcare's website. It is the largest healthcare company in the state. It serves 17 counties surrounding Jackson with facilities all over West Tennessee. The center of it is Jackson Madison County General. It is adding a new 9-floor state-of-the-art tower to the already present two-tower facility. Well, you'll see on the site. There is also Regional Hospital of Jackson. It's smaller than county general but still a great hospital to work in. And there are clinics and private facilities all over if the hospital atmosphere is not to your liking. I think you would love working here in the area. Hope I helped.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:03 AM

2 posts, read 5,855 times
I have lived in west, middle, and east TN. Be forewarned that there are serious problems in many of the west TN school systems (for ex., 20% of jackson, tn students are in private school, which costs in excess of $5K per kid per year).

Old 07-16-2007, 04:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,122 times
Hello,
My family may be relocating due to my husbands work and know absolutely nothing about the area of Jackson. If anyone would like to share some insight as to good places to live crime rates and schools it would be a great help.

Thanks

Old 07-16-2007, 04:31 PM

506 posts, read 1,474,647 times
I only know a little bit about Jackson, but the North part of Jackson is the good part. All my friends had to go to private school as the public schools they said were pretty bad. All this is just coming from what a couple friends have told me who grew up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee