Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:19 AM

13,905 posts, read 3,378,379 times

Advertisements

Just stopping by from beautiful Nashville, the jewel of Tennessee. I have been here since Wednesday. I have attended all of the Riverside shows, two dynamite performances at the stadium, and visited all of the country music bars to listen to up and coming artist who haven't quite made it yet. I have developed a special fondness for The Cadillac Ranch. People have been wonderful as I roamed around Nashville all by myself. Having the time of my life and making incredible memories. More to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 10:55 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Go northcountrygirl!

Old 06-09-2007, 11:08 AM

13,905 posts, read 3,378,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Go northcountrygirl!
Thanks hiknapster! You know what happens when you come to Tennessee? You become nicer! People have been so incredibly nice since I got here that I find myself being nicer. People where I come from do not just strike up conversations with strangers like they do in Tennessee. I have never talked so much or been so open with people. It is a growing experience. Going home is going to be a real let down.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcountrygirl View Post
Thanks hiknapster! You know what happens when you come to Tennessee? You become nicer! People have been so incredibly nice since I got here that I find myself being nicer. People where I come from do not just strike up conversations with strangers like they do in Tennessee. I have never talked so much or been so open with people. It is a growing experience. Going home is going to be a real let down.
The only downside is that you have to give yourself extra time wherever you go. I'm a talker, so I spend more time talking to strangers than I actually do getting anything done!

Old 06-09-2007, 12:05 PM

764 posts, read 1,456,960 times
Quote:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's something in the water . . .

The attitude seems to be everywhere. So better come down and join us permanently.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:34 PM

98 posts, read 391,046 times
Quote:
Just stopping by from beautiful Nashville, the jewel of Tennessee. I have been here since Wednesday. I have attended all of the Riverside shows, two dynamite performances at the stadium, and visited all of the country music bars to listen to up and coming artist who haven't quite made it yet. I have developed a special fondness for The Cadillac Ranch. People have been wonderful as I roamed around Nashville all by myself. Having the time of my life and making incredible memories. More to come.

Are you going to hang around and be one of the hundred thousand at Bonnaroo Music Festival at Manchester, Tennessee next weekend?

Old 06-09-2007, 08:08 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
Yeah, but what about the giant mosquitoes?!?!

(I'm just teasing.)

Old 06-09-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Creek Tom View Post
Are you going to hang around and be one of the hundred thousand at Bonnaroo Music Festival at Manchester, Tennessee next weekend?
I think Bonaroo is a far cry from CMA.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:15 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
I'm glad you're having a good time!

We were downtown for the Ted Nugent show at the Ryman, and enjoyed walking around downtown last night afterwards.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:21 PM

203 posts, read 766,255 times
[quote=northcountrygirl;857092] You know what happens when you come to Tennessee? You become nicer! People have been so incredibly nice since I got here that I find myself being nicer. QUOTE]

This is kind of what I am hoping for. I've been born and raised here in northern CA for almost 40 years and it's getting to the point where I don't like who I am and the things I say and do, or don't do, but when you spend so long in an area where people do unto others before they can do unto you then you start doing unto others as well. Not saying that I'm an awful person, but I sure get snippy and rude a whole lot more than I'd like to admit when I'm shopping or driving. That's one of the big reasons that I want to get out of here, and that is also what makes the wait such torture.

Last edited by CAtoGA; 06-09-2007 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee