Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 05:03 PM

13,351 posts, read 39,954,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I can so live with a sandwich with coleslaw. I think all things should have coleslaw. That sandwich has to be spectacular.
Well, except peach pie.

That's good on it's own.

JMT, when I went to Buddy's the meat was dry. We had it catered in at work, and it was still dry.

I see that Bill Clinton endorses Corky's. Now we know Bubba can eat. I don't know about his taste in women...
That's funny, maybe that's why I like the sandwich with cole slaw, the slaw adds some moisture to the dry meat. I normally don't care for cole slaw, but on a bbq sandwich it is divine! Dang it, now I think I'm going to have to run to Buddy's for a bbq & slaw sandwich.

In Cookeville there's a BBQ restaurant called Bobby Q's which has "pool room slaw" that they'll put on a sandwich. It's so hot it'll clear your neighbor's sinuses. It's goooood.

And I agree with you that Bubba's taste in BBQ is definitely better than his taste in women!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 05:22 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
That's funny, maybe that's why I like the sandwich with cole slaw, the slaw adds some moisture to the dry meat. I normally don't care for cole slaw, but on a bbq sandwich it is divine! Dang it, now I think I'm going to have to run to Buddy's for a bbq & slaw sandwich.

In Cookeville there's a BBQ restaurant called Bobby Q's which has "pool room slaw" that they'll put on a sandwich. It's so hot it'll clear your neighbor's sinuses. It's goooood.

And I agree with you that Bubba's taste in BBQ is definitely better than his taste in women!
JMT: This is why I love you so! <<<hiknapster is now batting her eyelashes in Steel Magnolia's fashion>>>

Old 07-08-2007, 06:27 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I can so live with a sandwich with coleslaw. I think all things should have coleslaw. That sandwich has to be spectacular.
Well, except peach pie.

That's good on it's own.

JMT, when I went to Buddy's the meat was dry. We had it catered in at work, and it was still dry.

I see that Bill Clinton endorses Corky's. Now we know Bubba can eat. I don't know about his taste in women...
Hik, I agree with the slaw! At our 4th party we had that pork I smoked and we made a big bowl of slaw. These people had never had pork butt not to mention with slaw so my son stood there and taught all 25 of them how to make a sandwich the "right" way. Needless to say they loved it.....

Old 07-08-2007, 06:29 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Yeah, but they both can make a mess on your clothes

Old 07-08-2007, 06:32 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
A double-entendre. I knew I liked you, Jim.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
GROOOOSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2007, 10:37 PM

10 posts, read 45,192 times
Default A little bit off topic.

Excuse me if I go a little off topic here but all this talk about restaurants has made my head kind of whirly and making me daydream about all of my favorite restaurants. Our neighboring state, Arkansas has one of the best buffets I've ever been in. It's just outside Little Rock on 235 (exit 18 and west of the highway). It's called Brown's. They have a tremendous buffet, both quantitatively and qualitatively. We make a point of stopping there every time we head down to Texas. And for anyone who likes to shop they have a store there also. OMG - that reminds me of another restaurant. It's The Cajun's Wharf in L.R. right on the river.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:02 PM

40 posts, read 121,083 times
I had written earlier about a great BBQ restaurant in Algood (near Cookeville) called Big Foots BBQ, alas, it closed down last week. Their eldest daughter is a senior in high school and they want to spend some more time with her before she leaves for college. I'm so having withdrawls, I need their BBQ sand. and spicey wedges. BOO HOO HOO!

Old 07-16-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty cat View Post
I had written earlier about a great BBQ restaurant in Algood (near Cookeville) called Big Foots BBQ, alas, it closed down last week. Their eldest daughter is a senior in high school and they want to spend some more time with her before she leaves for college. I'm so having withdrawls, I need their BBQ sand. and spicey wedges. BOO HOO HOO!
Have you tried Moogie's BBQ in Cookeville? It just moved from near Dale Hollow Lake to downtown Cookeville a few weeks ago. I hope it can help ease the pain of losing Big Foots BBQ!

Old 07-16-2007, 02:25 PM

40 posts, read 121,083 times
Quote:
Have you tried Moogie's BBQ in Cookeville? It just moved from near Dale Hollow Lake to downtown Cookeville a few weeks ago. I hope it can help ease the pain of losing Big Foots BBQ!
My dad sold his restaurant (CJ's Wing Shack) to Moogie. I really havn't tried any other BBQ since Big Foots went out, cause I don't think anyone can duplicate the spicey wedges and that's what I was hooked on most. Moogies wings are OK but I really got used to eating my dad's wings and I don't care for smoked wings at all. I just feel lucky to have my dad's secret sauce so I can have my favorite wings and strips any time I want them. Now, if I can only talk Cherie (owner of BF) to give me her recipe for those wedges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee