Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles > Tesla
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 04:58 AM

359 posts, read 778,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I'm sure if Tesla wanted to they could make one that goes 175+ mph. Who cares though? Nobody drives that fast anyway, save for a small crowd of adrenaline junkies who apparently have no fear of losing their license.

the 175mph tesla, if ever, will have an extremely diminished range. :lol:

As regards adrenaline junkies - they don't lose license on tracks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 08:57 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,378,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Intellektuelle View Post
You could also order me one as well, I'll PM you my information in a few. But seriously, the day I drove it I was on Tesla's website for a few hours with my AMEX card in hand, that's how tempted I was to purchase it. The version I would've ordered wasn't available though, plus that would've been a terrible investment considering I don't even have a place to charge it at. But keep us updated on your ride, you're one lucky guy and your wife is as well!
Ha, ha. I've had a tough enough time getting the one.

Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I was on Tesla's website. I have a Tesla store here in La Jolla, which isn't far from my house. So I've been down there several times.

I have held off for a while now but I think I will be ready to pull the trigger this weekend.

Oh, I don't think ANYONE buys cars as an "investment". Ha, ha. They are horrible investments. I know it's probably wise to hold off until next year and things will probably improve and more bugs worked out. But so far my friends and clients that have a Model S LOVE it.

I'll keep you posted! Thanks.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:54 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,055,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgto View Post

the 175mph tesla, if ever, will have an extremely diminished range. :lol:

As regards adrenaline junkies - they don't lose license on tracks.
I don't believe you'll see a largely diminished range as it will simply be a matter of gearing (in this case, adding more of it).

Old 07-14-2013, 09:09 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,378,967 times
So I test drove the car this weekend. Long story short...I ordered one yesterday and they say it will be here by the end of next month.

The car is AMAZING. I'm not even a "car guy" and this car is simply amazing. A total game changer! This car will totally force all the other major luxury car makers to at least deal with electric in the future.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:55 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,813,828 times
Id love to have one... and drop in a sr20dett, 2jz, viper v10, duramax v8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles > Tesla