Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 04:47 PM

37 posts, read 118,847 times

Advertisements

I happened across this web site by chance. I like to share my thoughts and will receive yours greatfully. I moved away from Texas about 10 yrs ago. Went to Florida it was good there untill the Insurance compys pulled out and I couldn't afford to live there anymore. Now I'm in SC and it's not working out either. I'm getting a divorce and want to move back home. I've had to grow up alot......... I thought I could runaway from my problems but finally I realize I have to deal with them...... so I am. I need to know where jobs are at. I have a degree in electronics and 20 + yrs in Quality. Any tips will help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 05:13 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,680,542 times
Your screen name made me giggle. DFW, Houston, Austin, I'd guess. Did you check Monster.com and some of the other job sites, or the classifieds of the dailies in these cities? Anyway, welcome back to Texas! Hope everything goes well for you.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:20 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,279,341 times
Unemployment is low all over the state. You could probably just throw a dart at a map of Texas then move to wherever it hits.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:28 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,378,461 times
tell us what you're lookin for in lifestyle, culture, topography, weather etc.......what part of Texas do ya hail from originally?

Old 06-19-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
tell us what you're lookin for in lifestyle, culture, topography, weather etc.......what part of Texas do ya hail from originally?
I was born in Mansfield Tx, lived 30+ years in Grand Prairie. Transfered to Houst with a job I had and lived there 5 years. I'm so sad here in S. Carolina:-( I want to come home !!!!! I am not too hard to please, country/city ----- I have to have my dogs though. I can adjust to the climate, I just want to be able to find a job and somewhere to live, I have family here, and being in Texas is close enough for visits now and then. I've got my resume posted on a few job site and there are quite alot of responses. I really don't want to live in Dallas area again. If ya'll hear of something keep my posted-----------Thanks

Old 06-19-2007, 09:42 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,667,075 times
TT,

You might try L3 Communications. Here is their homepage:

L-3 Communications

Here is a link to their job postings (select Texas):

https://secure.recruitingcenter.net/...controller.cfm

Old 06-19-2007, 09:45 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,378,461 times
i was close to you-i was in Ft Stewart and Wilmington Island Georgia. used to go to Hilton Head Island quite a bit. was so homesick for Texas. i hope you find your place in paradise here in Texas! what kind of dogs?
p.s. i used to go to the Kowbell Rodeo in Mansfield alot.....lots of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tornado View Post
I was born in Mansfield Tx, lived 30+ years in Grand Prairie. Transfered to Houst with a job I had and lived there 5 years. I'm so sad here in S. Carolina:-( I want to come home !!!!! I am not too hard to please, country/city ----- I have to have my dogs though. I can adjust to the climate, I just want to be able to find a job and somewhere to live, I have family here, and being in Texas is close enough for visits now and then. I've got my resume posted on a few job site and there are quite alot of responses. I really don't want to live in Dallas area again. If ya'll hear of something keep my posted-----------Thanks

Last edited by NOTAM; 06-19-2007 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: add comment

Old 06-20-2007, 03:18 PM

My dogs are American Bulldogs......... but I have had several different types in my life from ankle biters to Graet Danes.....I love dogs

Old 06-20-2007, 03:20 PM

Thumbs up Thanks so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
TT,

L-3 Communications

thank you and keep in touch if you hear anything else

Old 06-20-2007, 07:07 PM

Question I've got another question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
TT,

L-3 Communications

My son is here with me also and he is a Class A welder 10yrs + exp. Any thing happening with that (jobs) ? Does L3 have welding jobs in Tx too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas