Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 01:15 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
It's not a HOA. It's the Park Cities.
Do they issue a swimming pool pass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 03:32 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Do they issue a swimming pool pass?
I have no idea how it works. I assume they must do something like that.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:35 PM

Found this regarding the University Park pool. Pool

Old 06-18-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Found this regarding the University Park pool. Pool
It looks like they have pool passes...

All prices are per person. We DO NOT offer a
family pass.

UP Resident
$60.00 Renewal
$70.00 New
$40.00 Senior (60 +)

Non-UP Resident (Must Reside within HPISD)
$120.00 Renewal
$130.00 New

Maybe they are using no tax dollars to support the pool...

And maybe that is what they are doing at the park I looking at, but their website says nothing about fees...

Our pools are open to anyone that pays the small entrance fee by the day...

Years ago my wife got the city to put in a park in our neighborhood and the civic club tried the have it a private park for our neighborhood and they were told that could not be done because taxes were used to buy the land and put all of the stuff in there.. Maybe we should have held out for a pool....LOL

Last edited by Houston3; 06-18-2010 at 06:01 AM..

Old 06-18-2010, 06:37 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
Well, you have to be a city resident to check out books from the Library. You have to be a city resident to use the local aquatic center at low rates. I took my granddaughter to the Irving pool on 6/7 and it was closed so we drove down the street to the Coppell acquatic center and they charged us $8 each to get in vs. practically free for Coppell residents. So, its probably legal to apply the same thinking to the park. For all you know the Park Cities has a mandatory HOA. When I lived in Valley Ranch, as a homeowner, I had to pay Valley Ranch HOA dues each year....that maintained the canals. Now I live in Las Colinas, same here. It pays for the Las Colinas patrol and the canal maintenance...

Old 06-18-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Well, you have to be a city resident to check out books from the Library. You have to be a city resident to use the local aquatic center at low rates. I took my granddaughter to the Irving pool on 6/7 and it was closed so we drove down the street to the Coppell acquatic center and they charged us $8 each to get in vs. practically free for Coppell residents. So, its probably legal to apply the same thinking to the park. For all you know the Park Cities has a mandatory HOA. When I lived in Valley Ranch, as a homeowner, I had to pay Valley Ranch HOA dues each year....that maintained the canals. Now I live in Las Colinas, same here. It pays for the Las Colinas patrol and the canal maintenance...
That's all interesting....but how do they enforce it? Do they ask for an ID or do you have a city pass? Are those canals part of private land... There are canals here that are on private land that are maintained with HOA dues too..

I've had a Houston Library card in the pass and I don't live in Houston...

And the local aquatic center is not banning non citizens so that is not the same as the park I'm asking about.. But I do wonder how they can charge different prices the way they are doing it.

And there is no fee posted at this park or on the city website.

But thanks for your input...it helps ...

Old 06-18-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Difference is you can't get into the Park Cities pool at all, even if you offer to pay $100. In any case, I think a pool is different than a park in many ways. I'm not sure how you can limit a park to only city residents.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:16 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
Well, I guess some citizens could do a "citizen arrest" but probably not enforced. There's all kinds of signs at city parks that people ignore. Example: the dog park little side - big side rule is regularly ignored.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:37 AM

882 posts, read 2,245,825 times
You don't have to be a citizen of the city to use a city's library. All you need is a valid state drivers license from Texas. Hypothetically, one could have a library card from El Paso and live in Beumont. I have library cards from the Houston Public Library, and the Harris County Public Library, both of which don't operate branches in Pasadena, and it doesn't matter that I don't live in their service areas/cities.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Well, I guess some citizens could do a "citizen arrest" but probably not enforced. There's all kinds of signs at city parks that people ignore. Example: the dog park little side - big side rule is regularly ignored.

I may take my fishing pole and head out to the pier and see what happens...LOL

Do they ask for the dogs ID to see if he/she can use the dog park? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas