Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 05:06 PM

4 posts, read 15,167 times

Advertisements

Steak House?

You'll have stiff competition from Texas Roadhouse and from Logans. Both Midland and Odessa have one of each. There was a joint that attempted to take over an old Harrigan's in Odessa -- an independant steakhouse, but it flopped and Harrigan's bought back the location. Restaurants are all over the place. While potentially profittable, it's better to do some market research before spending some big bucks opening up a restaurant that might or might not become popular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 06:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,366 times
I am looking to move to Abilene texas, But have no Idea what I am going to do for a living. Just wanted to say that you are not going to get away from illegals, Goodness they are in Alaska. But I am sorry for what is going on In phenix, we are all people some good and some bad. Crime is every where, it is not just the illegals that cause it. I am sorry for what you have gone through and I am ashamed If it was Latinos that caused it. But please be reasonable, and don't blame all illegals. Good luck in Texas, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,086 times
Been in Odessa my whole life. Never been mugged, raped or robbed so far...41 years and counting! Come on down it's a very good place to raise kids. Not to small and not to large! Just right!

Old 09-17-2011, 03:37 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,230,384 times
Midland, 37 years and counting.

Midland/Odessa is a decent area when it comes to crime and illegals...we have it but nothing compared to Phoenix. The oilfield is booming which is creating a lot of jobs including oilfield machinist. I've got a friend who's an oilfield machinist and can maybe see if his company is hiring. The hard thing is going to be locating a place to live. Housing has gone through the roof as mentioned above and apartments fill up almost as soon as their finished being constructed. It's so bad, we got people living in hotels and campers! So I securing a place to stay would be top priority in my opinion. Odessa is very spread out and there are places I wouldn't live personally. Since I don't live in Odessa, all I can say is the East part of town near Loop 338 and hwy 191 is nice.

Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas