U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-25-2010, 04:53 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,006 posts, read 1,591,255 times
Reputation: 782

Advertisements

Here are the most current enrollment figures for the largest high schools in Texas - they are organized by athletic districts:

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/alignments..._fb_enroll.pdf

Plano East has over 6100 students, Plano over 5200, Allen over 5,000, Skyline over 4700, Hastings and Plano West over 4100, and Elsik over 4000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-25-2010, 02:59 PM
 
705 posts, read 832,614 times
Reputation: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
Here are the most current enrollment figures for the largest high schools in Texas - they are organized by athletic districts:

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/alignments..._fb_enroll.pdf

Plano East has over 6100 students, Plano over 5200, Allen over 5,000, Skyline over 4700, Hastings and Plano West over 4100, and Elsik over 4000.

Some of those numbers are way off Plano, Plano East, & Plano West are seniors high schools.

T E X A S E D U C A T I O N A G E N C Y Page 1
School Name: ALLEN H S 2008-09 School Report Card School Enrollment: 3,637
School Number: 043901001 Grade Span: 09 - 12
2009 School Accountability Rating: Recognized School Type: Secondary


T E X A S E D U C A T I O N A G E N C Y Page 1
School Name: PLANO EAST SR H S 2008-09 School Report Card School Enrollment: 2,774
School Number: 043910006 Grade Span: 11 - 12
2009 School Accountability Rating: Recognized School Type: Secondary

T E X A S E D U C A T I O N A G E N C Y Page 1
School Name: PLANO SR H S 2008-09 School Report Card School Enrollment: 2,664
School Number: 043910001 Grade Span: 11 - 12
2009 School Accountability Rating: Recognized School Type: Secondary



T E X A S E D U C A T I O N A G E N C Y Page 1
School Name: PLANO WEST SENIOR H S 2008-09 School Report Card School Enrollment: 1,915
School Number: 043910010 Grade Span: 11 - 12
2009 School Accountability Rating: Recognized School Type: Secondary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 04:53 PM
 
Location: Roanoke, VA
829 posts, read 1,227,758 times
Reputation: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by DtX4415 View Post
Some of those numbers are way off Plano, Plano East, & Plano West are seniors high schools.
If that is a list for UIL districts, they probably "correct" the enrollment to reflect what the enrollment would be for 4 grades - for the purpose of assigning to districts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 07:18 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,006 posts, read 1,591,255 times
Reputation: 782
Those numbers listed by the UIL are official from the state, they do designate 9-12 grades. "Senior high schools" are only used in Plano, but as a taxing entity all high schools are desinated by the state as 9-12, regardless of whether 9-10 grade students and 11-12 grade students are housed in separate buildings.

As for UIL designation, many Plano schools students in the 9th and 10th grades do compete at the varsity level with other UIL schools (they are bused to the senior high school campuses for practice and games), therefore becoming part of the senior high's talent pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 08:13 PM
 
705 posts, read 832,614 times
Reputation: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
Those numbers listed by the UIL are official from the state, they do designate 9-12 grades. "Senior high schools" are only used in Plano, but as a taxing entity all high schools are desinated by the state as 9-12, regardless of whether 9-10 grade students and 11-12 grade students are housed in separate buildings.
Then why does the TEA, yeap that's where I'm getting this from, the state of Texas, give them their own campus ID number and lists them as separate schools.

T E X A S E D U C A T I O N A G E N C Y Page 1

School Name: PLANO EAST SR H S 2008-09 School Report Card School Enrollment: 2,774
School Number: 043910006 Grade Span: 11 - 12

T E X A S E D U C A T I O N A G E N C Y Page 1
School Name: PLANO SR H S 2008-09 School Report Card School Enrollment: 2,664
School Number: 043910001 Grade Span: 11 - 12

T E X A S E D U C A T I O N A G E N C Y Page 1
School Name: PLANO WEST SENIOR H S 2008-09 School Report Card School Enrollment: 1,915
School Number: 043910010 Grade Span: 11 - 12

T E X A S E D U C A T I O N A G E N C Y Page 1
School Name: JASPER H S 2008-09 School Report Card School Enrollment: 1,869
School Number: 043910009 Grade Span: 09 - 10

T E X A S E D U C A T I O N A G E N C Y Page 1
School Name: SHEPTON H S 2008-09 School Report Card School Enrollment: 1,543
School Number: 043910007 Grade Span: 09 - 10

T E X A S E D U C A T I O N A G E N C Y Page 1
School Name: WILLIAMS H S 2008-09 School Report Card School Enrollment: 1,904
School Number: 043910003 Grade Span: 09 - 10


T E X A S E D U C A T I O N A G E N C Y Page 1
School Name: CLARK H S 2008-09 School Report Card School Enrollment: 1,280
School Number: 043910005 Grade Span: 09 - 10



Because their feeder schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 11:39 PM
 
Location: Northeast Texas
817 posts, read 1,010,263 times
Reputation: 514
I believe Plano East is the largest. Am I right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2010, 02:10 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,006 posts, read 1,591,255 times
Reputation: 782
"Feeder schools" are unique to the Plano School District. No one graduates from Jasper, its 9-10 campus is a part of Plano High School.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2010, 04:30 PM
 
705 posts, read 832,614 times
Reputation: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
"Feeder schools" are unique to the Plano School District. No one graduates from Jasper, its 9-10 campus is a part of Plano High School.
No every school district that keeps grade levels in different campuses has feeder schools. The Plano High schools and Senior high schools are totally different schools because their are on separate campuses. Just take the time to look at the info I keep posting that keeps proving what you posted is wrong instead of coming up with different excuses to try and prove your argument.


Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
I believe Plano East is the largest. Am I right?
Not even close, you would have seen that if you read the thread.

T E X A S E D U C A T I O N A G E N C Y Page 1

School Name: PLANO EAST SR H S 2008-09 School Report Card School Enrollment: 2,774
School Number: 043910006 Grade Span: 11 - 12
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2010, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,006 posts, read 1,591,255 times
Reputation: 782
Stop posting DtX - the state and the UIL consider Plano HS to have 5200 students.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2010, 04:43 PM
 
705 posts, read 832,614 times
Reputation: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
Stop posting DtX - the state and the UIL consider Plano HS to have 5200 students.
Then why does the TEA, which is the state since for some reason you can't seem to comprehended that fact, list it as having an enrollment of 2600?


Why? Because you don't know what your talking about and now that you got called out on it you can't accept it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top