Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 11:30 AM

2 posts, read 4,071 times

Advertisements

SICK of the traffic, SICK of the local goverment and SICK of the lack of work in the area.

I've been offerred a job in Plano TX, and thinking of moving witin Plano, once my girl's complete there senior year of high school we'll start looking in and around the Plano TX to rent a home before we buy.

Can anyone suggest an area in and around Plano TX, that has a great high school for my youngest kid (she will be entering her freshmen year). We're also looking to be close to the malls, college and not to isolated area (no woods, lol).

Thanks for your response in advance.

Cali KiD, looking to be TX KiD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 12:09 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
DFW has AWFUL traffic so if you work in Plano, its a great idea to live in Plano. You can look up school ratings on this website as you consider places to live, just find out what schools serve your address and look it up:

Texas Accountability Rating System

Old 06-25-2010, 12:41 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,811,238 times
Plano is a huge price range driven area. For large generalizations I'll break it down to very expensive, over $500k will be West Plano, west of the Tollway. Medium priced homes from about $175k up through the $300ks will be Central Plano, west of 75 and East of the Tollway, and lower priced homes in the low and mid $100's will be East of 75.

Yes, there are a few price ranges mixed within the different areas, but that's why I said in general. So, if you know you're price range, that's going to dictate more than what school you want to feed to.

By the way, Plano does high school as 9-10th grade and a separate senior high for 11-12th grade, so know what you're looking for when you search for ratings.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:30 PM

44 posts, read 116,243 times
If you are coming from Cali, Dallas traffic is a breeze... and I mean it... It may be awful for the locals, but I am not sure they understand the 405 or I5 (no offense).

Send me PM if you want more thoughts.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,185 times
Part of my family has relocated to Parker/Plano this month. I am also seeking help/advice on a minor issue. I have a teenage daughter that will attend McMillen High School in Murphy. We have a house being built in Parker and she will have a busstop within a block of our home. However, currently while waiting, we are living in Wylie but she is still attending her correct school based on the home construction. Unfortunately, we are in a separate school district so we have to figure out how to get her back and forth to school. At this point, due to job commute, her dad is unable to drop her off. I am pretty close to setting up an agreement with a cab company for the next 3 months to take her the 3.5 miles to school and then back to the home we are staying in. I am not relocating yet so her dad will be living the Single Parent Life for a few months and we need HELP!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY CARPOOLS, SHUTTLES OR ANYTHING...EVEN IF IT COST MONEY???? From Wylie (Country Club Drive Location) to McMillen High School (N. Murphy Rd).....

Thank you...
Mrs. B.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:48 AM

646 posts, read 1,156,942 times
djanai/Mrs. B -- if you'd like help, it would be better to start a separate thread (discussion topic). Your post above is buried in a thread entitled "Looking to move out of CA, and move to TX Plano area (Dallas: to rent)" ... not exactly the same topic, and not guaranteed to give your questions much attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: