Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2010, 12:12 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,850,725 times

Advertisements

Lubbock's greatest export. It's incredible how many great songs he had in such a short life. Would the Beatles have existed without Buddy Holly? How much more great music would he have produced?

Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 12:21 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,121,951 times
Buddy Holly was truly a legendary performer, and the world lost a great pioneer in that plane crash in Iowa.

Holly had a fantastic career ahead of him-----he was a pioneer and could have gone on to produce and record many more great albums and hit songs. It is a shame the world was robbed of his great talent and skill.

We still miss you Buddy-------the great artists of rock n roll, especially the groups of the 60s--70s-and 80s always refer to Holly as a great inspiration.

Lubbock should be proud of Buddy.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:54 AM

714 posts, read 2,926,251 times
I was just at the Buddy Holly Center in Lubbock a few weeks ago. Great place. They had several videos of the "Big Bopper." to view.

I think Buddy would have cut a few more albums, then go more into producing albums. Either way, he had a talent for both.

It was a loss.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:23 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,552,807 times
I believe he had it in his long-term plans to make Lubbock the HQ of his future music producing company. Lubbock would be a very different place if that would have happened. I think it's cool that even 40 years after he made his music, it's still relevant and looked to for inspiration.

@Cowboybootnut: Did you go to one of the free concerts they have on Thursdays at the Buddy Holly Center?

Old 07-15-2010, 12:22 PM

714 posts, read 2,926,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
I believe he had it in his long-term plans to make Lubbock the HQ of his future music producing company. Lubbock would be a very different place if that would have happened. I think it's cool that even 40 years after he made his music, it's still relevant and looked to for inspiration.

@Cowboybootnut: Did you go to one of the free concerts they have on Thursdays at the Buddy Holly Center?
Unfortunately we did not have much time in Lubbock, so the center was all that we saw. We were travelling from Palo Duro Canyons to Carlsbad Caverns.

I think you are spot on about Lubbock if Buddy Holly would not have died. There was a lot of talent that was lost in the plane crash. The Big Bopper is credited with coining the term "music videos."

Old 07-15-2010, 06:47 PM

15,445 posts, read 21,289,268 times
Anyone here ever place a guitar pick on Buddy Holly's grave at the City of Lubbock Cemetery? Buddy has a very modest tombstone there and I have left two picks there at different times. To place a guitar pick on the grave is to hope that the music should live on.

Sad to think of such a talent dying so young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: