Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 02:45 PM

9 posts, read 23,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Chill out bro. I was just saying that Texans hate on California every bit as much as Californians hate on Texas. This thread is pure hypocrisy.
Not in one damm moment of my life Ive herd a Texan hate on a Californian and its so obvious that you would think its a hypocrisy because your from California.... Why didnt I put this on a California Forum? You might ask, because I dont want a fight the people from California because I knowthey would get really angry and complaint. Its not a fight i just want to here the Texas story of the conflict because I always here from the Californian side of the story and its always something negative they have to say about Texas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 03:10 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,639,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoMan2010 View Post
Not in one damm moment of my life Ive herd a Texan hate on a Californian and its so obvious that you would think its a hypocrisy because your from California.... Why didnt I put this on a California Forum? You might ask, because I dont want a fight the people from California because I knowthey would get really angry and complaint. Its not a fight i just want to here the Texas story of the conflict because I always here from the Californian side of the story and its always something negative they have to say about Texas
Are you joking? I get it all the time when I tell people Im from California. Not just here in DFW, in Houston, in San Antonio, in Waco, in Tyler, in Lubbock, everywhere. Do you know how annoying it is to hear people say things like "Im Sorry", "I hate that place", or to hear about how poorly run our state is when I mention Im from LA? It bothers me to no end. Yes, people in California do the same things to Texans.

Its a two way street. If you dont hear it, its probably because you arent from California and you would have no reason to bring it up.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:21 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,771,739 times
Its a strange thing growing up in Texas it was amazing how many times people would say something horrible about California. I have no idea why though as I'm sure most of them never went.
I think it was something to do with the social unrest of the 60's and them not wanting to blame LBJ or Nixon so they had to blame someone for what was going on and that someone was California. Then it just got passed down to the next generation.

I feel bad for Californians who have to put up with this attitude, frankly its nonsensical and ingrained. Not a good combo.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:38 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,897,460 times
Childhood cancer is caused by many factors, not just environmental. A lot of it is genetic.

Last time I checked the air quality in California cities was far worse than Texas cities, including Houston which has cleaned up its air a lot. There's a new tower being topped out in downtown right now that's powered by 5 wind driven turbines on the roof. The George R. Brown Convention Center in downtown is also going high tech with several thousand square feet of solar panels on its sprawling roof line.

Texas' potential for green energy is a Godsend & has only just begun to be tapped.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:02 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,066,601 times
^^^what are you talking about, is this an environmental/green energy/air quality thread?

Old 07-16-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Childhood cancer is caused by many factors, not just environmental. A lot of it is genetic.

Last time I checked the air quality in California cities was far worse than Texas cities, including Houston which has cleaned up its air a lot. There's a new tower being topped out in downtown right now that's powered by 5 wind driven turbines on the roof. The George R. Brown Convention Center in downtown is also going high tech with several thousand square feet of solar panels on its sprawling roof line.

Texas' potential for green energy is a Godsend & has only just begun to be tapped.
Umm...what?

Old 07-16-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbius View Post
Its a strange thing growing up in Texas it was amazing how many times people would say something horrible about California. I have no idea why though as I'm sure most of them never went.
I think it was something to do with the social unrest of the 60's and them not wanting to blame LBJ or Nixon so they had to blame someone for what was going on and that someone was California. Then it just got passed down to the next generation.

I feel bad for Californians who have to put up with this attitude, frankly its nonsensical and ingrained. Not a good combo.
Yeah, it sucks. But I maintain that its a two way street.

Both spend lots of time trashing the other.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:16 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,897,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Umm...what?
My bad meant to post that in Renaud's why California's in a recession thread.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:24 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,151,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
This really annoying sniping happens on both sides. I hear the BS Texas stereotypes when I'm out visiting friends and family back in California, and I hear the BS California stereotypes here.

And by the way, I am very happy here and every day am glad of my decision to go Texan, but the July-August heat and the bugs DO suck, and I do miss simple daily life things like deliciously ubiquitous taco stands and better Chinese food. Mentioning those things occasionally is not an indictment on this state or anyone's way of life. A lot of people need to chill out and stop telling people they need to move out simply because don't like something or miss something from their home state.

P.S. I love Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Missing home is normal and it's fine. It's OK to miss what you loved about California! Not that you need my permission, but you see what I'm saying.

My beef is with people who move here and do not wistfully miss the things about CA that they loved...no...they actively loathe Texas and see nothing positive about this area. And they complain that DFW has no mountains or beaches. We know it doesn't. We might like to have those things too but we are used to doing without them. Missing the beach and the mountains is fine. Saying Dallas sucks because it doesn't have them is stupid. We know it doesn't have them, but that does not mean that Dallas sucks.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:42 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,718,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post
I'm going to assume you are joking. There are four taco stands, yes, just like the kind you see in Cally, within walking distance of my home. Maybe there are some states that don't make family-run taco joints their thing, but all throughout the Southwest/South, they're a big deal.

Not that they're any good, IMHO. Most of the Mexican food in Texas is truly disgusting--especially Austin. I've eaten the best Mexican food in Toronto, New York and Chicago. The people who own the restaurants know they have to make them absolutely stellar to stand out as a business.
oh I don't know, I don't actually live in tx, or ever have...I was scanning new posts and this caught my eye so I jumped in being that I'm an ex Californian who has never had a complaint about Tx lol....I wish we had taco shops out here in Va, I miss them...and no, they aren't for everyone! But pretty much any native from socal will say that it's the BEST!

anyways, carry on Tx

and I too hate when someone dogs on their new home...adjust and be happy or keep it to yourselves...I left Ca for a reason and while I miss things, I'm happy where we are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas