U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-09-2011, 03:34 AM

55 posts, read 127,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleWonder View Post
Clearly, you zero education or knowledge concerning world economies and classifications.

First, Mexico is a developing country (aka Second World).
Second, it will be a G7 by 2050, probably sooner, and no a G7 is not an airplane model.
Third, if the US is on its way to becoming like Mexico its because of racism and ignorance, like yours.
Racism and ignorance??? Anyone who pulls the race card without any evidence of such is most likely racist and ignorant themselves.

Mexico is always a developing country! It just can't seem to develop into being a first-world country, decade after decade of trying.

Is it really necessary to insult someone who you don't really know? Have you hired a PI to determine that I have "zero education" ?

As for knowledge concerning world economies, and Mexico in particular, I see nothing about Mexico to indicate a strong economic future. The respectable analyst Mark Faber may disagree with me on this, but seeing what's going on in Mexico today gives me no reason to believe that they'll be an economic powerhouse by 2050. Mexico will never be a member of the G7!!!!!! Who are you suggesting that they'll replace in the G7? The only 'Group of 7' -G7- that springs to mind concerning Mexico is the corrupt group of the 5 largest drug cartels, and the 2 sleazy largest political parties that enslave their population! Perhaps they'll be added to the G20 by 2050, or perhaps even more likely, their cartels will just keep fighting with each other, killing all of each other, and in the long run scaring away all the tourists and multi-national corporations that feed their economy.

The Cantarell oil fields will be depleted before long, and Mexico will become a net importer of oil at that time. This will play a big role in destroying the Mexican economy. The inevitable loss of tourism in Mexico, due to a destroyed 1st world middle class that's currently going to Mexican beach resorts, but won't be able to either afford to go there later on, or choose not to risk their lives in a civil war-torn country, will play a role in destroying the economy. Oil and tourism are 2 of the 3 largest factors in the Mexican economy, and their future there looks bad to me. Their third other major source of money is that which is sent to Mexico from immigrants and illegal aliens living in the USA. As the USA economy goes down (take heed of the S&P warning 3 days ago), the poorest amongst us-immigrants and illegal aliens-are likely to suffer the most, and they will not be able to send as much money to Mexico, thus holding back the Mexican economy.

And let's not forget that the Mexican Peso is not a very stable currency.
It has lost ~ 20% versus the USA dollar in just the last 3 years alone! And if you consider that the USA dollar has lost ~ half of its value in these last 3 years in terms of gold, then you'd understand that the Peso is essentially garbage in terms of real money.

As the USA economy goes down, expect the Mexican economy to follow along, given the strong inter-dependence and our large importation of Mexican goods. If you check out the recent currency exchange rates, you'll see that the Peso has lost ~5% of it's value to the dollar in the last trading day since the S&P warning was issued, while the USD lost another 5% in terms of gold.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 11:00 AM

6 posts, read 7,276 times
Not going to debate LEOs merits in various regions/nations, just going to say that as someone who moved to Texas from the Northern US, I know many Immigrants from Mexico, and since I've never looked at their green cards, I have no idea if they are here legally or otherwise. I will say that in the main, I like them. One of my Best friends is a US born person of Mexican Descent, and her Daughter I love like my own flesh and blood. She and her husband (Mexican born) are hard working, honest, decent people, with two wonderful children. Her Mother raised 6 kids as a single parent (father was deported), including 1 who has Special needs (I think a type of Autism, but not sure).
People are people, there will be good, decent, honest people, and criminal, violent, abusive people, and skin color/nationality/ethnicity has NOTHING to do with it.
We need to stop looking at certain criminal persons, and judging an entire culture/race based on the actions of those individuals...Ted Bundy, Jeffery Dahmer, Charles Manson, Son of Sam, and many other serial killers are/were white men, as a white woman, should I be judged based on their actions?
Most (not all, but the vast majority) people, regardless of race are decent, caring, honest people who want to help and care for their families in peace, let's all remember that and not allow xenophobia to cloud our judgement.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:11 PM

18 posts, read 2,640 times
The BP has a racist attitude against all Mexicans, tourists or those born in this country. And the Chicano agents are the worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas