Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 12:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,971 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am from north texas. Im actually about 15 min from the river as the crow flies. I was thinking about moving to a mid sized city that is close to san antionio. I Found lakehill, tx. it looks good on paper but i would really like to hear from someone that is from around that area. Generally people can give a better description that statistics. Thank everyone for helping me!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 12:40 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,648,289 times
Not sure what river you are talking about that you a next to but are you talking LakeHill near Bandera?

Old 05-23-2010, 06:13 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,769,914 times
I'd say the Red River is the one in question.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:34 PM

2 posts, read 3,971 times
yes. its the red river. i believe that is the lake hill that i am talking about. It is about 30 min slightly north west of san antonio.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:29 PM

4 posts, read 10,685 times
I live in Lakehills, TX. As far as things to say about it. Well if you like country living it is nice. The area that I have settled in isn't too bad, I bought property and then put a double wide on it. Right now its just a temp home until I finish my degree or head off on another job. I really don't know too much about the area as I work out of town and am only home on weekends. I have found that getting GOOD internet service can be tricky and 2 of the 3 phone carriers I have had have not worked the greatest in the area but do get by. My largest problem right now is finding honest and trustworthy people to do work on my property. All 3 of my last contractors have ended up doing poor work and I was warned by my insurance to stick to reputable compnies from the San Antonio area.
Overall I like the area but if I had to do it again I would probably move closer to Boerne or over near Bulverde somewhere.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:35 AM

434 posts, read 1,309,252 times
I lived in Lakehills for years and graduated from Bandera HS. I kind of miss it. But the truth is there are pros and cons no matter where you go. Small towns like Lakehills can sometimes have a "you're not from here" type of attitude but the lake is nice and the hill country is beautiful. It's been about 10yrs since I was there, I can imagine things have changed a bit. You should visit...also look at (as mentioned) Boerne, Pipe Creek, Bandera, Mico, etc.

Last edited by TheyCallMeDerek; 08-05-2010 at 11:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas