Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 10:42 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotextist View Post
Very true. Huge, huge differences in the city over the past decade thanks to White, from the light rail line that's there now to Discovery Green Park.

I don't know where the funding for DG came from but the Light rails were started waaay before White came into office.

Bill White came into office in 04, the year the rail was completed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I guess you missed the point....I was referring to the way his brain seems to work....

You need to go back and read what he wrote and what I wrote than just maybe you will get it!

you are a piece of work. You won't know the difference between not being better and being bad?

you have never heard of choosing between the lesser of two evils?

I guess you are not familiar with the whole voting thing.

tell me when ever you are faced with a senario where CAndiadate A -> good

Candidate B --> BAd

grow up. things are not always that clear cut sometimes you have to go with the candidate who isn't a total A-Hole. I do think that Bill White was not the Messiah that he is sometimes portrayed as, but I would certainly vote for him in a lightbeat before I vote for an Ahole like Perry

Old 08-25-2010, 12:04 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I guess you missed the point....I was referring to the way his brain seems to work....

You need to go back and read what he wrote and what I wrote than just maybe you will get it!
No, I didnt miss your point. You are implying that certain people shouldnt be allowed to vote, which is absurd. Its all or nothing.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
No, I didnt miss your point. You are implying that certain people shouldnt be allowed to vote, which is absurd. Its all or nothing.

I think he means that people who support candidates he doesn't like are idiots and should not be allowed to vote

Old 08-25-2010, 01:53 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
RenaudFR, really, it's clear that you don't have your finger on the pulse of Texas.

Rick Perry must, must, MUST go. Whether Bill White will be better or not, he certainly can't be worse, and someone, sometime, has got to put a pin in the balloon of Governor Goodhair's inflated ego (though the legislature did that when they got back to town after the vaccination fiasco and informed him that he did not have the authority to do that just because they weren't in session - sort of seemed like Mom and Dad coming back from out of town and discovering the kid has thrown a wild party in their absence - and, yes, I do think his maturity level is right about there).

He could care less about Texas - he's all about Rick Perry and his buddies.

I really wish just ONE candidate would run against him and anyone else thinking of running because he's so abysmal would throw their support behind that one candidate, whoever they might be. Maybe then we'd stand a chance of getting rid of him without having to get him elected President to do so (which is one way of getting rid of a bad governor, but it doesn't really solve the problem).

Kinky and Carol have a lot to answer for for losing us the chance to get rid of him years ago.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:00 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
I agree with you, TexasHorseLady (although I did sorta like Kinky!). Perry is the absolute worst. His smug behavior in the last gubernatorial debates was incredible. He seemed to be saying, 'Texas is the envy of the country, and you owe it all to me'. He ignored the questions asked, instead relying on his boilerplate statements about how wonderful it is here with him as governor.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:05 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,632,596 times
Choosing between Perry and White is like trying to decide whetner to git nekkid and sit in a fire ant bed or have someone drag you behind a pickup truck across a prickly pear flat in your drawers.

Just sayin!

Bring on Kinky !

Old 08-25-2010, 09:43 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,874,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Choosing between Perry and White is like trying to decide whetner to git nekkid and sit in a fire ant bed or have someone drag you behind a pickup truck across a prickly pear flat in your drawers.

Just sayin!

Bring on Kinky !
Well, that just about sums it up, Bob....except NO Kinky, LOL!!

Old 08-25-2010, 11:49 PM

387 posts, read 532,929 times
Germany was a democracy when they "voted" in Adolf, Hitler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
The beauty of our democracy is that people with different ideas can vote on what they want and the majority wins. Everyone has to be allowed to vote. If you only allow people who think alike to vote, its only a short time before we become Nazi Germany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: