U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 12:04 PM

7,801 posts, read 6,663,470 times

Advertisements

Just stay out of Bartonville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 12:34 PM

30 posts, read 53,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Just stay out of Bartonville.
What's up with Bartonville?

Old 08-31-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroy3 View Post
What's up with Bartonville?
From the DORBA forum.

Bartonville TX (Lantana/Copper Canyon area) Partial bike ban.... | DORBA (http://www.dorba2.com/forum/cycling-passion/8968 - broken link)

Old 08-31-2010, 12:54 PM

http://www.townofbartonville.com/files/Ordinance%20494-10%20Amend%20Race%20Rally%20Ordinance%20(2).pdf (broken link)

The language has been changed under the definition of "racing" to include training. An no group riding over 9 cyclists. However, what constitues a group is not limited to number of cyclists in your immediate contiguous group, but rather may be defined as inclusion of any cyclist within a police officers range of vision during an an undetermined span of time.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:52 PM

16,007 posts, read 26,141,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroy3 View Post
Believe me, I would much rather live in an area with character and history. Not these suburbs that are a dime a dozen and all have houses that look exactly the same. It's not my idea of heaven. But, I have to find the best school district (that I can afford to live in). It's looking more and more like some of the suburbs north of DFW might fit that bill.

I didn't realize the Katy Trail went through Dallas. That's neat, even if it's just 3.5 miles. Anyway, I'll store that with all of the other good info I've gotten here. Thanks.

Follow the Katy Trail and you soon can go all over town | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Breaking News for Dallas-Fort Worth | Dallas Morning News

Lakewood-White Rock portion of Santa Fe Trail about to open | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Breaking News for Dallas-Fort Worth | Dallas Morning News

Update on the East Dallas Veloway master plan: The presentation will include information about the bike trail plan as well as project funding and schedule.

Date: Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Location: The Ridgewood-Belcher Recreation Center, 6818 Fisher Road at Trammel Drive

Also you might want to check out the schools on the west shore of White Rock Lake - some are ranked higher than Plano and other suburban schools. Lakewood (75214) has one of the largest areas in DFW where there are no major roads nor traffic lights - Mockingbird on the north, Abrams on the west, Gaston/Lakewood Country Club on the south and White Rock Lake on the east. The topography varies and there are rolling hills and trees - the "Dolly Parton" hills are always talked about during the White Rock Marathon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas