Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 02:15 AM

795 posts, read 1,576,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
In the spring, San Angelo will have a few storms, and the average highs are 71 for March, 79 for April, and 86 for May. It's actually cooler and less humid than most of Texas.
This.^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
110 is the average
LMAO In the spring? No its not. Even in the summer that isnt the average temperature. In the summer its usually between 98 to 105 depending on what part of the summer. Once in awhile it will reach 107 on certain days. Usually in July or August but thats not the average temperature. This past August we were over 100 degrees for 18 days straight I believe. We broke some old record.

Last edited by Two4damoney; 09-18-2010 at 02:52 AM..

Old 09-18-2010, 11:23 AM

3 posts, read 10,782 times
Yes, Angelo (as most South Texans call it for short) is a great place to live and visit. There is always something to do, and it usually doesn't cost much to attend. If we could make a living there, we would be there in a minute. When we both retire, we may think about moving; but we always love to visit. It's a regular oasis in the desert!!!

Old 09-21-2010, 03:07 PM

252 posts, read 721,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We lived there for 15 years and you are right. The people are the best you'll find anywhere.
Hah, you've got to be kidding me. Moderator cut: off-topic/personal

Quote:
And most importantly, Angelo is it's a great place to raise kids.
Some of the most screwed up high school kids I've ever met came out of San Angelo Central.

Last edited by Bo; 10-06-2010 at 09:10 AM..

Old 10-05-2010, 12:08 PM

3 posts, read 10,782 times
triwing - You like to stir up trouble don't you? What a rude and obnoxious thing to say. You must not be from Texas!!!

Old 10-06-2010, 11:37 AM

65 posts, read 216,527 times
San Angelo is a really great city. I lived there for college, just small enough that you fill like a close knit community but large enough to have most national retail outlets, restaraunts available to you. Actually a surprising ammount of bars for the size of the town for college students & military living there, or those who like to go out. The area is pretty and the people kind. I really don't think the previous poster who hinted at racism has either been to San Angelo, or expected racism so tried to find it where it doesnt exist. There is a large number of hispanics in San Angelo. I saw interracial couples all the time and had many friends in them, and never saw anything racist directed at them. Its so common place because of the make up of the city its really hard to believe. I would have stayed forever, but good paying entry level jobs are hard to find and its just to isolated for me. But always dream of moving back someday...

Old 10-06-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu8912 View Post
San Angelo is a really great city. I lived there for college, just small enough that you fill like a close knit community but large enough to have most national retail outlets, restaraunts available to you. Actually a surprising ammount of bars for the size of the town for college students & military living there, or those who like to go out. The area is pretty and the people kind. I really don't think the previous poster who hinted at racism has either been to San Angelo, or expected racism so tried to find it where it doesnt exist. There is a large number of hispanics in San Angelo. I saw interracial couples all the time and had many friends in them, and never saw anything racist directed at them. Its so common place because of the make up of the city its really hard to believe. I would have stayed forever, but good paying entry level jobs are hard to find and its just to isolated for me. But always dream of moving back someday...
You hit the nail on the head. Thats why I love it out here in San Angelo. True about lack of high paying jobs though but at the same time the cost of living here is very low.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:46 AM

5,459 posts, read 12,194,790 times
I agree about the lack of high paying jobs but the cost of living isn't all that great. I moved here from the South Puget Sound (WA state) where I was working with McChord AFB and Ft Lewis. I thought I"d be able to rent a small house here in a decent area because of the low cost of living. Not true. I was making twice the amount of money there and the rents are about the same.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
I agree about the lack of high paying jobs but the cost of living isn't all that great. I moved here from the South Puget Sound (WA state) where I was working with McChord AFB and Ft Lewis. I thought I"d be able to rent a small house here in a decent area because of the low cost of living. Not true. I was making twice the amount of money there and the rents are about the same.
Then maybe you should go back.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:27 PM

247 posts, read 573,454 times
Honestly how is it in san Angelo, we have been thinking about moving to Texas I like the looks of San Angelo on the map because it looks like there may be some country around it etc... I am 37 my wife 35 have twin 4 year old girls and a 16 year old son.. We would be Moving from Montana, we would like some place that dont take everything we make just to have a home, and also some opportunities for our Children and my wife.. and warm weather would be welcomed also...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas