U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Who are you rooting?
Houston Texans 48 53.93%
Dallas Cowboys 36 40.45%
Whodat? I'm a Saints Fan! 1 1.12%
Some other team that doesn't matter 4 4.49%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Unread 09-27-2010, 11:23 AM

8,612 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Well, there are Texan fans that thought this was their superbowl.

TexAgs.com - Football Other
So you post one person who thinks that, on a random Texas Aggies site (not even a Houston Texans site).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-27-2010, 11:38 AM

3,394 posts, read 2,244,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
So you post one person who thinks that, on a random Texas Aggies site (not even a Houston Texans site).
I think there were a lot of feelings like that out there. Look, I'm not even a Cowboys fan, so my observations are pretty objective. And it's pretty obvious that the person who started this thread with the following quote is a Texans fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTXmetro View Post
The Texans will win because they are just the better team. Dallas Cowgirls are trash this year just like their city. TRASH

Texans 51
Cowboys 17

Unread 09-27-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I think there were a lot of feelings like that out there. Look, I'm not even a Cowboys fan, so my observations are pretty objective. And it's pretty obvious that the person who started this thread with the following quote is a Texans fan.
And? Where in the quote you posted does it say anything about this game being the Texans' Super Bowl? Exactly.

Unread 09-27-2010, 12:13 PM

12,669 posts, read 12,818,354 times
All I see are excuses. The Texans came out lacksidasical? No, the Cowboys came out and beat the Texans azz. You're not getting away with this. The Cowboy fans in here aren't acting like they won the superbowl. We are acting this way because our team and it's fanbase has been treated like royal trash from many of the Texan fans in here for the past month. Multiple threads throughout the Texas board has been a discussion about how much better the Texans are to the Cowboys. It wasn't just Metro Matt, though he was the main one. But many of his fellow mates cosigned him and joined in the "fun" in trashing the Cowboys. Don't be so thin skinned.

I don't care if Mr. Overtrained Athlete wasn't on the field.
I don't care if Kareem Jackson fell down
The fact of the matter is the Cowboys won and it wouldn't be so bad if the Texan fans didn't act like they never been here before. Please don't say the Cowboy fans are acting like they won the superbowl. We know what it is actually like to win the superbowl. Multiple superbowls.

Unread 09-27-2010, 12:21 PM

And this is why Cowboy fans love this victory. You thought you was big and bad and you thought the Cowboys was on the way down and you were about to takeover the state.

COwboys/Texans non Rivalry? - Houston Texans Message Boards

This one is hilarious
Micheal Irving Haten on the Texans..... - Houston Texans Message Boards

Dallas fans at the game - Houston Texans Message Boards

This one is also fun
If Dallas is "Americas team" I must be un-American - Houston Texans Message Boards

Complaining that the Cowboys have more fans? I think of this analogy when it comes to the Cowboys and Texans.
Cowboys=Longhorns
Texans=Aggies

Unread 09-27-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
All I see are excuses. The Texans came out lacksidasical? No, the Cowboys came out and beat the Texans azz. You're not getting away with this. The Cowboy fans in here aren't acting like they won the superbowl. We are acting this way because our team and it's fanbase has been treated like royal trash from many of the Texan fans in here for the past month. Multiple threads throughout the Texas board has been a discussion about how much better the Texans are to the Cowboys. It wasn't just Metro Matt, though he was the main one. But many of his fellow mates cosigned him and joined in the "fun" in trashing the Cowboys. Don't be so thin skinned.
You can't be serious. Did you not watch the Texans the first two games? Did you not see their facial expressions and body language this game (even when it first started)? Yes, the Cowboys DID come out and kick the Texans' ass, BUT the Texans did not play with any sense of urgency or discipline yesterday. On the other hand, the Cowboys played desperate as hell. They weren't going to go 0-3 and were going to fight until the clock as 00:00. I already posted some examples. This team was not ready. Same thing many Cowboys fans were saying about their team the first two weeks. Just switch the players and coaches around. And like I said, the only player that showed any fight was Arian Foster (who is legit, by the way). I started having bad feelings about this game when the Texans players, throughout the week, just kept saying "it's just another game...". That's what the Colts players were saying in Week 1. Now look at the Colts. Hopefully the Texans learn from this game and don't put out another "C" effort this season. I will say that the roller coaster overtime win last week in Washington drained both the Texans and Redskins.

Quote:
I don't care if Mr. Overtrained Athlete wasn't on the field.
And? Texans fans are just happy we're getting him back in Week 5. Has absolutely nothing to do with the Cowboys.
Quote:
I don't care if Kareem Jackson fell down.
Of course you don't, because the Cowboys got the TD. Fact of the matter is, Kareem slipped and Wilson didn't do his job by helping him and instead was doing some stupid ****. The result was a Cowboys TD. Texans need to replace Wilson with Troy Nolan.

Quote:
The fact of the matter is the Cowboys won and it wouldn't be so bad if the Texan fans didn't act like they never been here before. Please don't say the Cowboy fans are acting like they won the superbowl. We know what it is actually like to win the superbowl. Multiple superbowls.
But the Texans actually have been there before. Besides that, the Cowboys fans COULDN'T talk ****, because their team was 0-2. I guarantee you if the Cowboys were even 1-1, the smack talk would have been more even. Instead, we just go the typical "we won the Super Bowls almost two decades ago!" responses. Still, having Dallas sports radio stations tell callers to call into Houston radio stations to talk noise just shows that this rivalry is not one-sided. As hard as Cowboys fans try to downplay it.

Just know that karma will get the Cowboys. Cowboys fans, at the get together I was at, were CHEERING when Andre Johnson got injured. I was amazed. Then, many at the game are saying that Cowboys fans were screaming at even little kids saying "How 'Bout Them Cowboys". Your fans are arrogant as hell. I guess it must be really sweet to get that first win of the season, but this is all just sad. Texans fans don't hate the Dallas Cowboys. We just hate the Dallas Cowboys fans.

Quote:
And this is why Cowboy fans love this victory. You thought you was big and bad and you thought the Cowboys was on the way down and you were about to takeover the state.

COwboys/Texans non Rivalry? - Houston Texans Message Boards

This one is hilarious
Micheal Irving Haten on the Texans..... - Houston Texans Message Boards

Dallas fans at the game - Houston Texans Message Boards

This one is also fun
If Dallas is "Americas team" I must be un-American - Houston Texans Message Boards
Yeah, the boards at the HoustonTexans.com site are awful. TexansTalk is the much better place and you don't see threads like the ones you linked over there.

Unread 09-27-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
You can't be serious. Did you not watch the Texans the first two games? Did you not see their facial expressions and body language this game (even when it first started)? Yes, the Cowboys DID come out and kick the Texans' ass, BUT the Texans did not play with any sense of urgency or discipline yesterday. On the other hand, the Cowboys played desperate as hell. They weren't going to go 0-3 and were going to fight until the clock as 00:00. I already posted some examples. This team was not ready. Same thing many Cowboys fans were saying about their team the first two weeks. Just switch the players and coaches around. And like I said, the only player that showed any fight was Arian Foster (who is legit, by the way). I started having bad feelings about this game when the Texans players, throughout the week, just kept saying "it's just another game...". That's what the Colts players were saying in Week 1. Now look at the Colts. Hopefully the Texans learn from this game and don't put out another "C" effort this season. I will say that the roller coaster overtime win last week in Washington drained both the Texans and Redskins.
And the Cowboys was the reason why you didn't play with any sense of urgency or discipline as the Cowboys dominated both sides of the line of scrimmage and our secondary shut down the leagues best wide receiver. You seem to not want to give credit to the Cowboys. You're making excuses on why the Texans lost. The Cowboys was simply the better team yesterday and they won. Besides, if the Texans did actually come out playing lacksidasical, then they honestly are not a threat to contend for a superbowl.

Quote:
And? Texans fans are just happy we're getting him back in Week 5. Has absolutely nothing to do with the Cowboys.
Of course you don't, because the Cowboys got the TD. Fact of the matter is, Kareem slipped and Wilson didn't do his job by helping him and instead was doing some stupid ****. The result was a Cowboys TD. Texans need to replace Wilson with Troy Nolan.
Kareem slipped. Hello, welcome to football. It happens. Mike Jenkins slipped and allowed Hester to have a long gain to help put the game away last week. It happens.
Quote:
But the Texans actually have been there before. Besides that, the Cowboys fans COULDN'T talk ****, because their team was 0-2. I guarantee you if the Cowboys were even 1-1, the smack talk would have been more even. Instead, we just go the typical "we won the Super Bowls almost two decades ago!" responses. Still, having Dallas sports radio stations tell callers to call into Houston radio stations to talk noise just shows that this rivalry is not one-sided. As hard as Cowboys fans try to downplay it.
No the smack talk would not have been there. Because we didn't even talk smack going into the season. The fans would love to win this game just like every other game. But we wanted that 1st one the most. And I'm sorry. This rivalry is one sided. Most of the hate comes from Houston's side and Houston fans have acknowledged this not only on their message board, but on the chronicle website as well. Including KFFL.

Quote:
Just know that karma will get the Cowboys. Cowboys fans, at the get together I was at, were CHEERING when Andre Johnson got injured. I was amazed. Then, many at the game are saying that Cowboys fans were screaming at even little kids saying "How 'Bout Them Cowboys". Your fans are arrogant as hell. I guess it must be really sweet to get that first win of the season, but this is all just sad. Texans fans don't hate the Dallas Cowboys. We just hate the Dallas Cowboys fans.

So those amount of Cowboy fans in your area speaks for the millions of Cowboys littered around the nation. Nice generalization there.

Unread 09-27-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
And the Cowboys was the reason why you didn't play with any sense of urgency or discipline as the Cowboys dominated both sides of the line of scrimmage and our secondary shut down the leagues best wide receiver. You seem to not want to give credit to the Cowboys. You're making excuses on why the Texans lost. The Cowboys was simply the better team yesterday and they won. Besides, if the Texans did actually come out playing lacksidasical, then they honestly are not a threat to contend for a superbowl.
And I'll say it again, the only Texans player that played with any sense of urgency and passion was Arian Foster. People were slow getting out of the huddle, Matt Schaub was surprised the first quarter was over, Eugene Wilson didn't know where to line up, etc. And I seem to not want to give credit to the Cowboys? Are you blind? Did you not read my first post in the thread after the game? And I just said the Cowboys kicked the Texans' ass yesterday. And if you're going to say the Texans aren't a threat to contend for the Super Bowl, then the Cowboys aren't either because they played the same way the first two weeks. And like I said, the OT win probably has a lot to do with it, as both the Redskins and Texans started of their games bad. That was an emotional roller coaster last week.

Oh, and you didn't shut down Andre Johnson. Dude was injured. Even Terrence Newman said they were using Andre Johnson as more of a decoy due to his injury. Nice try, though (Miles Austin had a great game ). Still, Andre Johnson had, I think, 65 yards receiving on a bum ankle. That isn't terrible, considering how the rest of the team played (besides Arian Foster).

Quote:
Kareem slipped. Hello, welcome to football. It happens. Mike Jenkins slipped and allowed Hester to have a long gain to help put the game away last week. It happens.
Yes, but I'm not putting emphasis on Kareem slipping. More on Eugene Wilson, our FS, but sucking so bad. The Texans need someone new out there, preferably Troy Nolan, who can't do any worse than Wilson has been doing this season.

Quote:
No the smack talk would not have been there. Because we didn't even talk smack going into the season. The fans would love to win this game just like every other game. But we wanted that 1st one the most. And I'm sorry. This rivalry is one sided. Most of the hate comes from Houston's side and Houston fans have acknowledged this not only on their message board, but on the chronicle website as well. Including KFFL.
You kidding me? All every NFL fan heard before the season started from Cowboys fans was that they were going to win the Super Bowl and that it was in their house, blah blah blah. And yes, a lot of the hate comes from the Houston side, but it's directed at the arrogant and annoying Cowboys fans who reside in Houston. The things they pulled at the game and are trying to run their mouth now after just one win is funny. People act like the Texans are 1-2 right now. They still don't have any conference or divisional losses and are in first place in their division. Unlike the Cowboys, who already have two conference losses and one divisional loss, making the playoff push for you guys a little harder. I do hope you beat the Titans, Jags, and Colts for us.

So, if Houston can survive this first four game chunk of the season and go 3-1, we will be in good shape. Then, they play the Giants, Chiefs, at Colts (MNF), and Chargers. Should at least be 2-2, possibly 3-1 (if the Chargers can't make the proper adjustments), and be 6-2 or 5-3 heading into the halfway point of the season.

Quote:
So those amount of Cowboy fans in your area speaks for the millions of Cowboys littered around the nation. Nice generalization there.
So, now you're trying to get cute posting images huh? Anyway, it was a good enough sample size and I have enough experience with Cowboys fans to know.

Unread 09-27-2010, 12:57 PM

9,664 posts, read 9,088,580 times
Quote:

So, now you're trying to get cute posting images huh? Anyway, it was a good enough sample size and I have enough experience with Cowboys fans to know.
Its a two way street. Most of the Texans fans I know are every bit as arrogant.

Unread 09-27-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Its a two way street. Most of the Texans fans I know are every bit as arrogant.
I don't see how when the Texans haven't even won a playoff game yet and aren't a widely popular team. What Texans fans do you know? Metro Matt? On the other hand, Cowboys fans are freaking everywhere and the vast majority I've encountered are annoying, arrogant pricks. And actually, I've noticed less of them living in DFW and more of the arrogant ones outside of DFW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas