Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you rooting?
Houston Texans 48 53.93%
Dallas Cowboys 36 40.45%
Whodat? I'm a Saints Fan! 1 1.12%
Some other team that doesn't matter 4 4.49%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 01:07 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,540,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
I'll say it again, the only Texans player that played with any sense of urgency and passion was Arian Foster. People were slow getting out of the huddle, Matt Schaub was surprised the first quarter was over, Eugene Wilson didn't know where to line up, etc. And I seem to not want to give credit to the Cowboys? Are you blind? Did you not read my first post in the thread after the game? And I just said the Cowboys kicked the Texans' ass yesterday. And if you're going to say the Texans aren't a threat to contend for the Super Bowl, then the Cowboys aren't either because they played the same way the first two weeks. And like I said, the OT win probably has a lot to do with it, as both the Redskins and Texans started of their games bad. That was an emotional roller coaster last week

Yeah but I'm not making an excuse that they were playing lacksidasical or that Romo didn't know the 1st quarter was over. You're making excuses for why your team lost. I would accept that you said that they they didn't execute on plays or it was just a bad game yesterday. But to say this happened and that happened will be rediculed by any sports fan. The Cowboys didn't play lacksidasical the first two games either. They were just simply beat. Many of the players thought they were entitled and now they know they are not. But they were never lacksidasical.

Quote:
Oh, and you didn't shut down Andre Johnson. Dude was injured. Even Terrence Newman said they were using Andre Johnson as more of a decoy due to his injury. Nice try, though (Miles Austin had a great game ). Still, Andre Johnson had, I think, 65 yards receiving on a bum ankle. That isn't terrible, considering how the rest of the team played (besides Arian Foster)

In relative speaking, the Cowboys D did shut down Andre Johnson. He may have been injured. But he was healthy enough to play a good portion of the game. But our secondary did a good job on him.

Quote:
You kidding me? All every NFL fan heard before the season started from Cowboys fans was that they were going to win the Super Bowl and that it was in their house, blah blah blah. And yes, a lot of the hate comes from the Houston side, but it's directed at the arrogant and annoying Cowboys fans who reside in Houston. The things they pulled at the game and are trying to run their mouth now after just one win is funny. People act like the Texans are 1-2 right now. They still don't have any conference or divisional losses and are in first place in their division. Unlike the Cowboys, who already have two conference losses and one divisional loss, making the playoff push for you guys a little harder. I do hope you beat the Titans, Jags, and Colts for us.
I don't know why you are so hung up on these records thing. Congratulations. You're 2-1 in SEPTEMBER. That means NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. Cowboys believing we were going to the superbowl is not the same as trash talking to a particular team. Bad logic there. Cowboys have been in this position many times before and ended up having a successful season. Bring up the records in late October and early November then you may have a point.

Quote:
So, now you're trying to get cute posting images huh? Anyway, it was a good enough sample size and I have enough experience with Cowboys fans to know.
Because those "cute" images tell the truth. You're whining that Cowboys fans were arrogant and mean in your section. Grow a pair. This happens in every stadium including your own. It's always the fans of losing teams that complain that the winning teams fanbase is classless nevermind they are just as classless as the next. I live in Chicago now and they beat us last week. They let me have it up here. I couldn't say anything. Had to suck it up and take it and move on because it's mostly in fun. You need to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 01:09 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,540,106 times
Quote:
I don't see how when the Texans haven't even won a playoff game yet and aren't a widely popular team. What Texans fans do you know? Metro Matt? On the other hand, Cowboys fans are freaking everywhere and the vast majority I've encountered are annoying, arrogant pricks. And actually, I've noticed less of them living in DFW and more of the arrogant ones outside of DFW.
You need to get real. You're not some humble nice gentle people that is so glad to even play have a team in your city. If you think there aren't any classless Texan fans, you're deluding yourself. Every fanbase has them. A bunch of them. We may have more but that is because we have a much larger fanbase.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:24 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yeah but I'm not making an excuse that they were playing lacksidasical or that Romo didn't know the 1st quarter was over. You're making excuses for why your team lost. I would accept that you said that they they didn't execute on plays or it was just a bad game yesterday. But to say this happened and that happened will be rediculed by any sports fan. The Cowboys didn't play lacksidasical the first two games either. They were just simply beat. Many of the players thought they were entitled and now they know they are not. But they were never lacksidasical.
Coming out lackadaisical, unprepared, no sense of urgency, etc., goes hand and hand with not executing plays or them playing a bad game. You're just getting WAY too technical here. Hell, I just wrote a paragraph on how horrible Eugene Wilson has been in coverage and how he doesn't go over and cheat to help Kareem Jackson. And I'd say the Cowboys came out lackadaisical against the Redskins. The Texans played the whole game like the Cowboys played the first half in that game. I know my team. I know how they play. They played with no passion or fire on Sunday, and that's a fact. Yes, the Cowboys outplayed them and all, but the Texans didn't help themselves by taking it as "just another game" and not worrying about it. They got a slice of humble pie on Sunday and should come out and destroy the Raiders. Then, Cushing comes back in Week 5 and our whole defense will be lifted (he led the team in INTs last year and caused the most turnovers, including a safety...you don't think the Texans D misses that?). You need to just grow a pair and admit that the Texans did not play their "A" game and instead played a "C" game on Sunday. The Cowboys didn't get the best the Texans had to offer, that's for damn sure.

Quote:
In relative speaking, the Cowboys D did shut down Andre Johnson. He may have been injured. But he was healthy enough to play a good portion of the game. But our secondary did a good job on him.
Nah, the Cowboys D didn't shut down Andre Johnson. Dude was on a sprained ankle and used mostly as a decoy. And even then, he was hardly shut down. Shut down is what the Texans D did to Miles Austin. Andre Johnson had an average game for an NFL WR. He wasn't shut down.

Quote:
I don't know why you are so hung up on these records thing. Congratulations. You're 2-1 in SEPTEMBER. That means NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. Cowboys believing we were going to the superbowl is not the same as trash talking to a particular team. Bad logic there. Cowboys have been in this position many times before and ended up having a successful season. Bring up the records in late October and early November then you may have a point.
Okay, and the Texans fans only started trash talking once the Cowboys game was next on the schedule. You're telling me that if the tables were turned, Cowboys fans would not have talked a little trash? The Texans were 2-0 then and we were riding high on our team and playing against the Cowboys, the most popular team in the league. If you didn't expect trash talk then, then get your head out of the sand. And yes, we'll see in October and November who is the better team.

Quote:
Because those "cute" images tell the truth. You're whining that Cowboys fans were arrogant and mean in your section. Grow a pair. This happens in every stadium including your own. It's always the fans of losing teams that complain that the winning teams fanbase is classless nevermind they are just as classless as the next. I live in Chicago now and they beat us last week. They let me have it up here. I couldn't say anything. Had to suck it up and take it and move on because it's mostly in fun. You need to do the same.
Um, I've criticized my team and have given the Cowboys props. It's just that you seem to what me to kiss the ground the Cowboys walk on. Cowboys fans are EXTREMELY arrogant. Who cheers when a player gets injured and is rolling on the turf? Especially one like Andre Johnson, who is the anti-diva WR. That's just classless and I've seen crap like that too many times from Cowboys fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
You need to get real. You're not some humble nice gentle people that is so glad to even play have a team in your city. If you think there aren't any classless Texan fans, you're deluding yourself. Every fanbase has them. A bunch of them. We may have more but that is because we have a much larger fanbase.
You need to get real. I never said there aren't classless Texans fans, but there is no where near the amount of classless, arrogant Cowboys fans. And that's a fact.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:37 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
I don't see how when the Texans haven't even won a playoff game yet and aren't a widely popular team. What Texans fans do you know? Metro Matt? On the other hand, Cowboys fans are freaking everywhere and the vast majority I've encountered are annoying, arrogant pricks. And actually, I've noticed less of them living in DFW and more of the arrogant ones outside of DFW.
You have never met my father, his friends, his co-workers, and his family. My Dad lives in Sugar Land and has season tickets to the Texans games. All week I have been listening to him go on and on about them. Every bit as obnoxious as Metro Matt. I love my father, but he is an arrogant piece of s**t when it comes to football. He is not alone. You just dont notice it because you yourself are a Texan fans. I dont notice Cowboys fans being pricks because I am a Cowboys fan. However, Im sure a lot of them are. A lot of Texans fans sure as hell are.

Here is the difference. Texans fans are more or less confined to Houston (and maybe a couple of other parts of Texas). Cowboys fans are more nation and world wide. I have mentioned in a previous post, I have found Dallas Cowboys sports bars in Seoul, Mexico City, and Sao Paulo (not to mention New York, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, and DC). A bigger following means more arrogant gasbags among the normal fans.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
You have never met my father, his friends, his co-workers, and his family. My Dad lives in Sugar Land and has season tickets to the Texans games. All week I have been listening to him go on and on about them. Every bit as obnoxious as Metro Matt. I love my father, but he is an arrogant piece of s**t when it comes to football. He is not alone. You just dont notice it because you yourself are a Texan fans. I dont notice Cowboys fans being pricks because I am a Cowboys fan. However, Im sure a lot of them are. A lot of Texans fans sure as hell are.

Here is the difference. Texans fans are more or less confined to Houston (and maybe a couple of other parts of Texas). Cowboys fans are more nation and world wide. I have mentioned in a previous post, I have found Dallas Cowboys sports bars in Seoul, Mexico City, and Sao Paulo (not to mention New York, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, and DC). A bigger following means more arrogant gasbags among the normal fans.
Like I said, I noticed much less arrogant Cowboys fans when I moved to DFW. Outside of DFW though, it seems there is a much higher percentage of annoying, arrogant, and bandwagon Cowboys fans that probably couldn't even name the starting lineup of the team.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:06 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,375,526 times
Quote:
You need to just grow a pair and admit that the Texans did not play their "A" game and instead played a "C" game on Sunday. The Cowboys didn't get the best the Texans had to offer, that's for damn sure.
Nah.

The Texans played the game the Cowboys allowed them to play. They played their 'C' game (you're being generous) because the Cowboys made them play that way.

Occam's Razor - the simplest explanation is usually correct.

Last edited by First24; 09-27-2010 at 02:21 PM..

Old 09-27-2010, 02:23 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,312,074 times
Enough talk we have a bye and texans play the raiders. Good evening.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
Nah.

The Texans played the game the Cowboys allowed them to play. They played their 'C' game (you're being generous) because the Cowboys made them play that way.

Occam's Razor - the simplest explanation is usually correct.
Like I said, I watch my team play weekly, and they did not come out with any fire and passion from when Neil Rackers kicked off the ball to start the game. Missed assignments, leaving the huddle slowly, etc., there was no passion. Arian Foster being the lone exception. You can believe that the Cowboys just dominated a Texans team that tried their best, but you'd be fooling yourself here. They played like they didn't give a damn and were going to dominate the Cowboys just because they did it in the preseason.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:27 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
Well Matt, your wait is over.

How bout them Texans?

The title of Jean-Jacques Taylor's article in the DMN says it all.

Taylor: Houston's inferiority continues; Cowboys best in Texas | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/092710dnspotaylor.13150b391.html - broken link)
*pats on back*

CONGRATULATIONS Dallas Cowboys!

You won your very first game of the season & did it with 16, count it s-i-x-t-e-e-n penalties!!!

Last edited by Metro Matt; 09-27-2010 at 02:37 PM..

Old 09-27-2010, 02:29 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,375,526 times
Quote:
Like I said, I watch my team play weekly, and they did not come out with any fire and passion from when Neil Rackers kicked off the ball to start the game. Missed assignments, leaving the huddle slowly, etc., there was no passion. Arian Foster being the lone exception. You can believe that the Cowboys just dominated a Texans team that tried their best, but you'd be fooling yourself here. They played like they didn't give a damn and were going to dominate the Cowboys just because they did it in the preseason.
Maybe instead of home and home regular season games with the Cowboys, the Texans should push for all preseason matchups. At least this way the Texans likely won't have to face the Cowboys starters for the entire game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas