Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 07:31 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times

Advertisements

Its not just Texans, dear gosh. I really feel this site has double standards to Texas in general, say something and its "arrogant". Have you seen how many people have California or New York or Chicago in their names?

I would say its all about even with those others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 07:42 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
This pretty much sums it up. It's a very strong sense of place and that place is a part of our bones.

It's sort of like when people ask us why we're so proud of Texas and think it's odd, and we're thinking that it's odd that they aren't just as proud of where they are from.
Yep. I can't imagine why anyone would live in a state that they aren't proud of.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:54 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
Proud Texan checkin' in

Old 10-15-2010, 08:00 PM

86 posts, read 96,423 times
I think it's just the word. Texas is short, maybe better/easier to pronounce, and the X in it makes it sound better.Just say it out loud... TeXas

Old 10-15-2010, 09:09 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
Its not just Texans, dear gosh. I really feel this site has double standards to Texas in general, say something and its "arrogant". Have you seen how many people have California or New York or Chicago in their names?

I would say its all about even with those others.
Remember RachelNY . Talk about an awful attitude and she dissed Texas and Texans all the time and she has never even stepped foot in the state. LOL!!! I do see just as many people w/ some kind of reference to California as I do Texas and I'd say probably moreso when it comes to the California posters than anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
Yep. I can't imagine why anyone would live in a state that they aren't proud of.
I know. This is what I don't get. Why not be just as happy about where you are from or live. I mean, if some of these people think it is better than Texas than why not be proud of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonInhabitant View Post
I think it's just the word. Texas is short, maybe better/easier to pronounce, and the X in it makes it sound better.Just say it out loud... TeXas
I've got DFW in my screen name because when I was trying to think of something to use as a screen name they did not have the "location" feature back then on C-D. It automatically let everyone know that I am here. It is also easy to remember and identifies who I am. I am a MOM of 2 in Dallas (which some just call DFW for Dallas/Ft Worth). Whenever some one refers to me as "momo" I kind of scratch my head wondering if they can not decipher what my screen name means. I like trying to figure out the meaning behind the screen names or the abbrevaitions used to make them kind of like personalized license plates.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:29 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
Try having a screen name that indicates you may be in the most conservative part of Texas and are also an older person. In certain parts of C-D it's like being a being a June bug in a hen house.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:46 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
My location isn't Texas, wasn't born or raised there, but I really LOVE the state of Texas and all that she represents! I have many friends there, visit quite often. I identify with the state of Texas and their inhabitants.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:25 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
My location isn't Texas, wasn't born or raised there, but I really LOVE the state of Texas and all that she represents! I have many friends there, visit quite often. I identify with the state of Texas and their inhabitants.
We Love You and you are one of us, Miss Texas Girl with the Heart of Lone Star Gold! *HUGS*

Old 10-15-2010, 11:03 PM

795 posts, read 1,585,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
So do I. I'm a transplanted Texan but I am very proud to live in Texas and call it my home. And like you I identify with the state of Texas as well and the people here are my kind of folk and I've been made to feel very welcome here.

Last edited by Two4damoney; 10-15-2010 at 11:12 PM..

Old 10-16-2010, 12:48 AM

431 posts, read 929,503 times
Ha this thread makes me regret putting SA which stands for San Antonio instead of TX in my username. But yeah like a lot of folks I take great pride in being a Texan. No matter where I'm stationed, I always keep my Texas plates, and a Texas flag flying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas