Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 05:19 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times

Advertisements

For the benefit of everyone else, y'all should know that if you have a Commercial Drivers License, deferred adjudication is not an option for you in Texas.

Also, if you have trouble keeping your speed down, you might look into getting a policy from Pre-Paid Legal Services or some similar company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 04:17 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,273,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Because they get where they are going in a reasonable time?
On the contrary. It's because they drive foolishly.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:46 PM

86 posts, read 96,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
It's pretty standard practice everywhere, not just Texas. I've never done the defensive driving option but I believe the ticket is wiped from your record once you pass the class.

With a deferral, the ticket never even goes on your record if you stay out of trouble for the entire probationary period. If the judge puts you on probation in one county, then any tickets you get in another county won't affect your probation. Under certain circumstances the judge can put you on probation state-wide.

If you violate the probationary period, BOTH tickets will immediately go on your record and you will be required to pay the fine for the one you deferred.
Thanks. I understand. Still not sure what to do though. But you may be right, an attorney might be a waste of time and money. But they would have done the "cop dosen't show up, tickets gets dismissed, 0 cost to me thing.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:07 PM

816 posts, read 1,946,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Quick fix ... In the future, obey the law and don't speed. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Speeders are one of my pet peeves.
Anyone who are on the cellphone or texting are my huge pet peeves. Speeders aren't as long they aren't on the cell phone or driving careful.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:15 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
On the contrary. It's because they drive foolishly.

My driving 75 in a 60 is eleventy-billion times more safe than the idiot doing 55 in a 60 in the fast lane texting and shoving fries down her fat throat.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:19 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonInhabitant View Post
Thanks. I understand. Still not sure what to do though. But you may be right, an attorney might be a waste of time and money. But they would have done the "cop dosen't show up, tickets gets dismissed, 0 cost to me thing.
Have you had your initial court appearance yet? If not, the judge will ask you for a plea.

If you plead guilty you pay the fine and it goes on your record. You're done.

If you plead not guilty the judge will set a court date and you'll have to come back for a trial.

What you'll either do is ask to take defensive driving or ask for a deferral.

Again, this is only if your initial appearance date hasn't passed.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:35 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
My driving 75 in a 60 is eleventy-billion times more safe than the idiot doing 55 in a 60 in the fast lane texting and shoving fries down her fat throat.
If that was true they would raise the speed limit to 75.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:43 AM

It's on the 21st! That's why I need to make up my mind soon!

Old 10-19-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
If that was true they would raise the speed limit to 75.
Dosen't the federal government blackmail the states to keep it low or they will lose their highway funding from the government?

Old 10-19-2010, 11:14 AM

441 posts, read 1,326,832 times
List of countries by traffic-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting that countries with unlimited speed like Germany have less than half road fatality rate. Maybe, just maybe speed have nothing to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: