Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 02:37 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,013,387 times

Advertisements

Go Giants!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 02:47 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,031,285 times
^^^Yeah, winning the AL pennant is certainly a signfiicant accomplishment no matter how the World Series ends up. The Giants have certainly outplayed the Rangers in just about every way so far. I know it looks grim right now but I hope they can figure out a way to turn things around when they start playing at home tomorrow. Go Rangers!

Old 10-29-2010, 02:49 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
I loved baseball passionately as a child (and played competitively). But once they had that strike in the 90s, I thought they could all go F themselves.

But it's kinda neat to see the Rangers doing SOMETHING.

Don't care for the whole series concept...dilutes the games.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:17 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,024,391 times
I love the title of this thread.

OP should start a Cowboys win the Superbowl to get all their bases covered.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:08 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
Good point!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:22 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
There is a reason why the Giants have a good homefield advantage. Our boys and most other teams are not used to playing under the circumstances that occur at THAT field. Of course they looked "lost".

What IS the homefield advantage in San Francisco?

HIGHTIMES.COM > Reporter Calls Out SF Giants Fans for Smoking Pot

Pot shop offering free joint for every Giants home run during World Series - MLB News - FOX Sports on MSN

Texas Rangers' Josh Hamilton smells marijuana from stands - MLB News - FOX Sports on MSN

I was talking to someone the other day that lived in SF before moving here. Said they took their kids to a Giants game and these teens sitting next to them pulled out a joint and lit up. The dad kindly asked if they mind not doing it as his kids were sitting right there and their response, "F... YOU old man". He said he went and asked a cop nearby and their response, "whose not".

You can not tell me that with it heavy in the air it does not play in part on how the other teams perform on the field.
I have to disagree completely here. It's just marijuana. It doesn't harm anyone, unless you abuse it, which is true for anything really. If a cigarette was lit up, there would be no problem. Though, marijuana is illegal, they are pretty lax about it in California. I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I don't think "mary jane in the air" had anything to do with the game. I'm afraid that the previously unflappable Cliff Lee's substandard performance in Game 1 set the tone for the rest of it. While it is unlikely that the Rangers will be able to win the Series, keep in mind that winning the AL pennant is more than they have ever done before.
And I agree. Cliff Lee was the answer for the Rangers and who they could always rely on. He had never lost a postseason game. But, once the Giants started hitting on him with ease, you could tell a lot of confidence left the Rangers. Maybe they gain that back when they return to Arlington.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:06 AM

206 posts, read 503,538 times
Come on folks, its only two games. Your all gonna be shocked at how the atmosphere and tone of this series is going to change when this things is all knotted up. And the goal is not to be satisfied winning the ALCS. I can easily see a scenario where the Rangers win game 1 and drop 2 and 3. So whats the difference after they win tomorrow night. Its a seven game series, nobody said it was going to be easy. Cinch up your seat belts because its gonna get bumpy.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:17 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,275,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
I have to disagree completely here. It's just marijuana. It doesn't harm anyone, unless you abuse it, which is true for anything really. If a cigarette was lit up, there would be no problem. Though, marijuana is illegal, they are pretty lax about it in California. I like that.
I don't agree with you, but that's beside the point. Actually the top five STONER states are listed below. I'm surprised CA isn't on the top, but I'm glad it isn't ... just because!!

Rhode Island
Vermont
Alaska
Oregon
Colorado

The bottom five states are:

Utah
Iowa
Mississippi
Texas
Alabama

Old 10-30-2010, 08:35 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
actually big oaks from little acorns grow--
so whether it is right or wrong to be concerned at the lackluster performance of the bullpen, the absense of hitting from a team that excelled at it during the regular and two-thirds of the post season, the lack of focus when in the field--whether as runners (the few there were) or on defense....
only time will tell...
frankly I am worried--and remember that the Rangers struggled at home against the Yankees and TB--so coming home may not provide the turn around Rangers need...

I think Washington has made some real mistakes with his bullpen selections and the relief pitchers have been pretty worthless...
you can deal with lower run production from your team IF you can hold your opponent to lower run production as well--SF has passed their avg game hits way up in the first two games--
Giants are taking advantage of Ranger weak pitching--
how much of that is bad pitch selection--I think more than we stop and consider--of course those come from the dugout--neither Bengie or Treanor is calling their own pitches a lot of the time...

and just consider this--
when playing the Yankees and Rangers seemed to do so much with what they were facing--
maybe the Yankees were the ones who failed to produce--not that the Rangers were so superior--
seems to me the Rangers are looking a lot like the Yankees did when they were striking out and putting popups in the field--puzzled and shocked--like they can't believe they did not get a better hit--
they are reaching for the bleachers again--vs just trying to put the ball in play--
so unless THEY change what they are doing--I don't expect better results tonight...

Old 10-31-2010, 01:00 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
Well, well. The Rangers won Game 3 of the Series 4 to 2! At least they won't be shut out now. I hope they can do something besides lose in San Francisco. Otherwise, they will lose the Series 4-3 even if they win their other game in Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas