Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:14 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,847,294 times

Advertisements

yeah, alright "trust". i don't know why y'all are acting like you work for the company. it may be a safe assumption that houston will get one, but you do not KNOW that they will. for instance, there are some in atlanta, but none in savannah or augusta, there's one in the miami area, but nothing in tampa or jacksonville, and there's one in raleigh, nc but not a single location in charlotte....just because they head for one city doesn't mean they'll be in all of them. hell, they've ignored texas this long
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 10:42 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
yeah, alright "trust". i don't know why y'all are acting like you work for the company. it may be a safe assumption that houston will get one, but you do not KNOW that they will. for instance, there are some in atlanta, but none in savannah or augusta, there's one in the miami area, but nothing in tampa or jacksonville, and there's one in raleigh, nc but not a single location in charlotte....just because they head for one city doesn't mean they'll be in all of them. hell, they've ignored texas this long
Neither of those cities are as big of a market as Houston, though. But if anyone wants H&M clothes, just shop at Old Navy.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:50 AM
k_s

405 posts, read 896,562 times
It's amazing how every discussion can be turned into a Dallas vs. Houston debate. Sheesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Umm...we're talking about H&M. Not Fendi or Barney's New York. Houston will get one; trust. Hell, Tyler and Waco could get one.
Exactly! I'm pushing for H&M in Burleson for 2012 lol

Old 10-28-2010, 01:22 PM

45 posts, read 128,970 times
Ok, I have to ask. What is H&M?

Old 10-28-2010, 04:28 PM
k_s

405 posts, read 896,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denda View Post
Ok, I have to ask. What is H&M?
Let me google that for you

Old 10-28-2010, 05:30 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,505 times
Who freaking cares! Geez. I swear, some people let their lives revolve around the stupidest things.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:47 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,581,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Who freaking cares! Geez. I swear, some people let their lives revolve around the stupidest things.
Right. And Dallas being the fashion capital has nothing to do with it because they were supposed to expand into San Antonio before the recession and then the mall they were supposedly going to be in went bakrupt. If we were talking about Bloomingdales, I would understand, but, while I love H&M and am glad to see it coming to Texas, it's not like Bloomingdale's or Hermes which I would understand opening in Dallas or Houston before other cities.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
Right. And Dallas being the fashion capital has nothing to do with it because they were supposed to expand into San Antonio before the recession and then the mall they were supposedly going to be in went bakrupt. If we were talking about Bloomingdales, I would understand, but, while I love H&M and am glad to see it coming to Texas, it's not like Bloomingdale's or Hermes which I would understand opening in Dallas or Houston before other cities.
i'm not suggesting that h&m is some high-end store (it's literally the ikea of fashion), i was just wondering since dallas is the city in texas notorious for clothes retail that maybe that's why they were targeting that area

Old 10-28-2010, 08:19 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
H&M entering the US market is still fairly recent. It just recently opened up in Florida and Miami (Much more of a fashion mecca than Dallas) wasn't the first pick (It was Orlando). You're acting like H&M is some exclusive store; it's about on the caliber of Old Navy or Forever 21.

Houston will get one; it doesn't even need to be debated.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
H&M entering the US market is still fairly recent. It just recently opened up in Florida and Miami (Much more of a fashion mecca than Dallas) wasn't the first pick (It was Orlando). You're acting like H&M is some exclusive store; it's about on the caliber of Old Navy or Forever 21.
see my above post where i clearly point out that exclusivity has nothing to do with it

Quote:
Houston will get one; it doesn't even need to be debated.
houston will likely get one. you do not KNOW that it will
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas