Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 12:17 AM

9 posts, read 27,521 times

Advertisements

I miss the food. I loved the boudin! I asked at the Albertsons here in Montana if they sell it and they look at me like I am nuts.
I miss the shrimp gumbo. I can cook, but I never lerned how to cook that.
I miss the bbq's. Man can Texans bbq!
I got to go visit! Maybe I can bring a cooler with me. That way I can keep all the food fresh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 12:46 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,683,905 times
Default ah, yes, the food!

Haha! Before I clicked on this I thought the answer was going to be "Tex-Mex." I see I wasn't too far off!

Old 07-08-2007, 01:34 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
I used to live in Texas, you can do it yourself. Get some brisket and a recipe for dry rub seasoning for barbeque. I also salt and pepper the meat...I put it in a covered baker, fat side up and cook it on the lowest heat the oven can muster.

If your luckey enough to have a smoker then you are even better off.

I miss Cowboys in TIGHT Wrangler Jeans and cowboy boots...

People kind of look at you funny when you drive on the grass here...you know what I mean, like to get out of traffic on the highway or to cross a mediun to avoid an accident pile up...in Texas its one of the reasons people drive trucks...what is the point of a truck in Florida if you can't drive on a mediun??

I finally found a couple really nice Mexican places, Garibaldi's in Orlando by the Florida Mall is fabulous.

Old 07-08-2007, 04:16 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,381,458 times
sounds like you must be from East Texas.
you can order boudin online ya know!

Old 07-08-2007, 09:06 AM

670 posts, read 2,999,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
sounds like you must be from East Texas.
you can order boudin online ya know!
You can order boudin online, as well as gumbo and stuff like that from some places (John Folse is one).

I miss the people. I know that sounds trite but since we moved to Georgia it seems like everyone is out to get something from us, and in my nearly 40 years of life and living in gosh 5-7 different states, I've never had that on a DAILY BASIS from all age ranges and demographics...it blows.

But I'll be home too.

I also miss Whataburger today specifically

Old 07-08-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA_Mom View Post
You can order boudin online, as well as gumbo and stuff like that from some places (John Folse is one).

I miss the people. I know that sounds trite but since we moved to Georgia it seems like everyone is out to get something from us, and in my nearly 40 years of life and living in gosh 5-7 different states, I've never had that on a DAILY BASIS from all age ranges and demographics...it blows.

But I'll be home too.

I also miss Whataburger today specifically
OH MY GOODNESS, Whataburger...I do to. I was up in Ocala and they have one there...I was SO surprised.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:30 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
when we lived in Shreveport we really missed Blue Bell ice cream--now they have shipped to more states and it easier to get...
My daughter lives in FL and she missed Joe T Garcia's picante sauce and PicAPepper sauce--so we give her a gift box of both at Christmas and she stocks up when she comes home for visits...
think even things like Doritoes take different sometimes when you buy them out of the normal production area...

Old 07-09-2007, 06:38 AM

418 posts, read 1,785,124 times
I miss Mexican food. And friendly people. We just moved to MI, and we tried out a new church on Sunday. Not ONE person said hello to us. It was weird.

I also miss Houston's. And Whataburger, for sure! Michigan sucks, lol.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:35 PM

389 posts, read 1,656,811 times
I miss Hidalogos in San Angelo,taco bueno in Abilene and the west texas plains.My folks are in west texas so when I can get back I try the mexican bakeries and tex -mex food.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:50 PM

I miss hand made Tamales from the man down the road...they were SO good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas