Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 05:52 PM

10,238 posts, read 19,508,561 times

Advertisements

Greetings fellow Texans!

I tried and tried to make this thread topic into a poll. But after lots of trys I just sadly concluded it couldn't be done. Either that, or it would take someone much more talented than me to fit the parts of the puzzle all together in a way that would make sense!

So, let me just toss it out there, this way:

What area of our state, and at what time of the year, do you find the most beautiful/sublime scenery? And/or (they can blend and often do), weather?

And...to throw yet another curve ball into the grounds? They can even be superficially contradictory! And maybe even just be something you only experienced once or twice. Your picture perfect snap-shot and memory.

Since I started this, I will go first and give an example of the inarticulate babble above:

The first that come to mind for me is East Texas in the wintertime. Never will forget a year that we were staying at Caddo Lake and it iced over. That doesnt happen very often. The spanish moss looked like natural icicles on the pine and cypress trees. There was full moon that night and it turned the whole world into one of silver-gilt magic. We just all sat outside, next to the fire, and never said much to each other. Just marvelled at it.

Another that comes close is a reminence of the Gulf coast on another full moon night. This one was summertime. A white-gold moon-slick coming in to meet the shoreline...

Y'all got any good ones to share?

*breaking out of spell here* LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 07:30 PM

2,185 posts, read 4,987,473 times
No time a year was nice in Texas.. soooo glad I am out! I was allergic to big ***** belt buckles and stupid.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:42 PM

2,067 posts, read 5,943,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
No time a year was nice in Texas.. soooo glad I am out! I was allergic to big ***** belt buckles and stupid.

Your last word sums up your post, and I'm being polite.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:44 PM

10,238 posts, read 19,508,561 times
Quote:
Ooops!

I forgot to mention another wonderful sight in the Lone Star State. And, unfortunately, I never actually got to witness it.

It was the day you bade us all a sweet farewell, Miss Cuppiecakie!

One thing that makes missing it so lamentable is that we might have had an unforgettable and enjoyable old fashioned Texas brawl over who first got to have the honor of giving you gas-money and/or the price of the airline/bus ticket out!

Don't worry none about us, sweetheart! God speed and farewell. We'll try and manage without you! *winks and blows you a Texas size kiss* Don't let the southern breezes or western winds hinder you none on your way out! Ya hear?

Old 11-13-2010, 08:10 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,526,176 times
Quote:
Aaaahhh-choo! Sorry, I'm allergic to tired old stereotypes and arrogance.

Back to the topic. I personally love whenever it's getting late in the summer, and I go down to Lake Alan Henry with friends. Whenever it gets late and the sun is shining at a low angle, it casts an orange glow on everything. The sky is big and colorful as can be, and we're all just relaxing, looking at the water and mesas around.

I also loved springtime on my great-grandparents' farm, their garden in full bloom, windmill turning, and looking out at the rolling green prairie.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:26 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,583,942 times
Better be careful cupcake. Lots of cowboys in colorado as well! I know...I used to live there and frankly was surprised by the number of big belt buckles and even rodeos. You can't escape it! In fact, you will also find belt buckles in Wyoming, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico and Kansas and North and South Dakota....

Old 11-14-2010, 01:47 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,079,672 times
TexasReb: I'd have to say the far western mountains in October/November.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:35 AM

795 posts, read 1,575,881 times
Quote:
And we're all glad youre out of here too. Good riddance. Anyway yeah we have some nice lakes and also the Concho river. I love seeing the sun reflecting off the water with green trees all around in the Spring and Summer. Very relaxing.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:15 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,216,800 times
I love Brenham in the Spring when the wildflowers bloom.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:35 AM

471 posts, read 803,889 times
Quote:
It's Skeletor on meth just before the threesome

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 01-10-2014 at 01:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas