Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2010, 10:24 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,528,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badgmc View Post
I'd like to know as well. I've lived here pretty much my entire life and have never felt it to be a "rough" town. If you're on the wrong side of town it can be rough, but if you're spending your time within a few miles of MSU, then it's far from rough.
I'm not sure. He likes to make up BS about Lubbock also.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 07:19 AM

568 posts, read 2,408,415 times
That's nice of him.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:42 AM

437 posts, read 919,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
I'm not sure. He likes to make up BS about Lubbock also.

Triwing's hobbies also include bashing San Angelo.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:18 PM

16,787 posts, read 48,831,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler
I am curious... where did you get information that Wichita Falls is a "rough" town? In what regards, if you don't mind me asking? Have you lived there? Or, is this just some opinion you came up with? Do tell!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badgmc View Post
I'd like to know as well. I've lived here pretty much my entire life and have never felt it to be a "rough" town. If you're on the wrong side of town it can be rough, but if you're spending your time within a few miles of MSU, then it's far from rough.
I thought the comment was a little odd too. However, when I looked into it to find that the crime index of 439 is well above the average for the US of 319. This surprised me. http://www.city-data.com/city/Wichita-Falls-Texas.html It appears to be about average in Violent crime but higher then average on property crimes.

The Cost of Living, Poverty Level and Unemployment rates though are quite favorable compared to other Texas cities.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:29 PM

568 posts, read 2,408,415 times
The crime index may be a little higher than average, but that doesn't make it a rough town. The majority of the worst crimes pretty much stay within a certain part of town. The rest of the city is very safe and comfortable.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:11 PM

49 posts, read 158,041 times
Default canyon tx, san angelo, arlington or even El paso

Hi everybody. I am 24 years old guy from Europe and I would like to come to texas for an english language course. I need an advice, I am trying to choose the right school and place for me.
I am thinking about west texas a m canyon, UTA Arlington, san angelo state or UTEP EL Paso. Can you help me to choose? I am looking for a good school and also for a good place to have a fun.
So Canyon is a dry city...what does it mean? YOu can´t have even a beer there? Is there any bar or place where to hangout?
I would like to be close to Amarillo and visit amarillo, I dunno why, but this part of texas seems to be interesting for me. I have been already to texas two years ago - Fort Worth and Waxahachie, I loved that area, but mayby I would like to try something different.

Thank you soo much....
btw sorry my poor english...I am comming to texas to improve it soon

Old 03-08-2011, 08:18 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,658,008 times
Canyon,Texas is a nice place. cost of living is less and people are friendly.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:04 AM

10 posts, read 31,850 times
Wanting to move to either San Angelo, tx or Wichita Falls, tx. Need your input about either town. They both seem to have what we are looking for: lakes, camping, shopping, great public school, (WF are higher rated which is VERY important to us, since our children will be attending) and we are liking the fact that we won't be far from Dallas and OK.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:12 AM

958 posts, read 2,125,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triwing View Post
Why don't you just stick around Dallas then and take your basics somewhere?

Wichita Falls is a pretty rough town. Canyon is marginally better, but both schools basically just exist for local area kids to get a degree. You'd be much better off somewhere else.
I didn't know Canyon was so bad. I hope my daughter, who is a sophmore at WT will be safe.
I retired from the City of Canyon four months ago. It must have gone to hell in a handbasket fast!

I bet it's the Mafia

Old 07-29-2011, 05:56 PM

16,787 posts, read 48,831,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truu View Post
Wanting to move to either San Angelo, tx or Wichita Falls, tx. Need your input about either town. They both seem to have what we are looking for: lakes, camping, shopping, great public school, (WF are higher rated which is VERY important to us, since our children will be attending) and we are liking the fact that we won't be far from Dallas and OK.
Wichita Falls, the area has suffered much less from the drought we are having than Midland. I thought all the lakes in West Texas dried up a long time ago. It also has easier access to a greater variety of lakes, state parks as well as the amenities in the cities of Ft. Worth, Dallas and Oklahoma City.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas