Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:57 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggs View Post
You're certainly out in left field! It has nothing to do with "how people used to argue that black people were not full citizens". Read the post above about how many African Americans are decedents of those who were brought here in bondage and against their wills. The slaves brought here did not sneak into this country just to have babies so they can call them citizens! I think possibly you are consuming to many illegal substances?? Or maybe you are a grown up (or think you are grown up) anchor baby??

It absolutely does. They are full citizens of the United States, accorded all rights and privileges as such, and yet you are trying to argue that they are somehow "worth" less than other citizens.

Just like people used to do with black people.

Also, racist much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Our founding fathers wrote that into the constitution regarding slaves, not illegals from everywhere. Slaves were brought here against their will.

Still in there. If they only meant it to apply to slaves, then that's what they would have said.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Welllll, ok...I suppose you have a certain point on some minor levels.

But MY little act? LOL You make no secret of your contempt and disdain for Texas...and how you feel you are in Purgatory, have a "mean and surly" attitude, and want nothing more than to get out of the state. YET...you still seem to stick around.

So who is it that has the act? And if it is NOT an act, why aren't you long gone? That seems a fair question, don't you think?

And it's a question I've answered many times. It's pointless and stupid for you to bring it up every single time you reference one of my posts, no matter what the topic is.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:05 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
It absolutely does. They are full citizens of the United States, accorded all rights and privileges as such, and yet you are trying to argue that they are somehow "worth" less than other citizens.

Just like people used to do with black people.

Also, racist much?
Ahhh, please spare your self-righteous lectures and attempts to connect two things which are not connectable. The 3/5 compromise was an agreement between the slave and so-called "free states" (actually, they really weren't, but that is another story) on how to count blacks for representation purposes. (Paradoxically, it was the Southern states who wanted full representation).

Regardless, that is long ago and over with. What is happening now with anchor babies and illegals is immediate, now, and a disaster in the making both socially and fiscally. So please don't bring the Founding Fathers into this as in that this would be their future vision. I expect even you know better than that.

Last edited by TexasReb; 02-19-2011 at 10:26 AM..

Old 02-19-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
And it's a question I've answered many times. It's pointless and stupid for you to bring it up every single time you reference one of my posts, no matter what the topic is.
As I said, maybe I DO overdo it. But at the same time, what is REALLY pointless and stupid is for you to keep your mean and surly and getmeoutofhere persona, and expect it to be taken any other way.

And your answer never makes sense. Yeah, yeah, I know. You couldn't sell your house? Well, maybe you were asking too much for it, who knows?

You hate Texas. We all know that (as if it matters what you think)...but you don't seem to do much about leaving this place you call Purgatory other than announce to the world how much you hate it.

Come to think of it, in THAT realm, I can't blame you for having a "mean and surly" attitude. I mean, continue to live in a state you have nothing but contempt for, and never really make any effort to get out of here? Yeah, I guess I would have a hateful attitude toward the world as well.

Last edited by TexasReb; 02-19-2011 at 10:29 AM..

Old 02-19-2011, 10:49 AM

288 posts, read 351,947 times
Quote:
Regardless, that is long ago and over with. So please don't bring the Founding Fathers into this as in that this would be their future vision. I expect even you know better than that.
Ahh, this is my favorite part. The minute you neocons encounter an amendment that doesn't fit so neatly in your republican agenda, it needs to be abolished, like the 14th amendment or modified to exclude "freedom of religion" in the 1st amendment and all of the sudden it's "Who cares what the Founding Fathers thought back then?"

But the 2nd amendment adopted for the sole purpose of citizens being able to defend themselves from the Brits apparently is still actual?

Old 02-19-2011, 10:55 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
The term anchor baby can refer to the children of illegal immigrants of any nationality, not just Mexicans. I fail to see how it's racist. And these children are "incidental" citizens, so meh....
Actually, "anchor baby" can refer to a child of illegals or a child of someone who is here on a worker's/visitor's visa or permit.

By definition, Michelle Malkin is an anchor baby, for example.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QweffL View Post
Ahh, this is my favorite part. The minute you neocons encounter an amendment that doesn't fit so neatly in your republican agenda, it needs to be abolished, like the 14th amendment or modified to exclude "freedom of religion" in the 1st amendment and all of the sudden it's "Who cares what the Founding Fathers thought back then?"

But the 2nd amendment adopted for the sole purpose of citizens being able to defend themselves from the Brits apparently is still actual?
Wrong from the start:

First of all, I am NOT a neo-con. I am much worse, I am a Texas/Southern paleo-conservative.

Second, I am not a Republican. I am independent, with a definite Libertarian leaning, and have voted for the Constitutional Party candidate the last several elections.

Now that that is out of the way? To be blunt? Your post makes no sense. What are you ranting about? Slow down and write carefully in articulating your thoughts. After you do, then present them in an intelligible way...and we can discuss, ok?

P.S. The Second Amendment is what secures your right to write. It defends the First.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
As I said, maybe I DO overdo it. But at the same time, what is REALLY pointless and stupid is for you to keep your mean and surly and getmeoutofhere persona, and expect it to be taken any other way.

And your answer never makes sense. Yeah, yeah, I know. You couldn't sell your house? Well, maybe you were asking too much for it, who knows?

You hate Texas. We all know that (as if it matters what you think)...but you don't seem to do much about leaving this place you call Purgatory other than announce to the world how much you hate it.

Come to think of it, in THAT realm, I can't blame you for having a "mean and surly" attitude. I mean, continue to live in a state you have nothing but contempt for, and never really make any effort to get out of here? Yeah, I guess I would have a hateful attitude toward the world as well.

I find your obsession with this amazing.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I find your obsession with this amazing.
We finally agree on something. That is, our mutual obsessions on the topic. Specifically, mine on why you are still here. And yours on why you hate being here but are still here.

Hmmmm...there may be a "Gong Show" act in here somewhere, reckon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas