Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 02:24 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times

Advertisements

Fifth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 02:40 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Fifth.
You know I got respect for you bro.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:31 PM

Preciate ya.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:34 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Oh yeah and I also dislike the roads and hippies in Austin. Cant stand hicks or hippies and Austin is just crossing the line with the hippies. I like living in Austin, for the school, parties, food, downtown, parties, parties, and parties but everything else about Austin is the same as any place else except roads are 500 times crappier and hippies are out in full force. But hippies are concentrated in one area though, so if you avoid that then its fine, the roads in general just suck, like the designer for the roads can just quit working now for the mediocre job he's done.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:57 PM

172 posts, read 411,372 times
HEAT!!
i cannot stand the summers

i love austin and central texas and north texas is great. but summers or basically mid march all the way until mid or end of october is a b3tch!!

we get lots of rain in april or in summer at times so it helps the heat. but yeah the summers really suck

Old 03-19-2011, 04:14 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
The parties in Austin suck. I was there for an entire year. Everybody looks and acts the same. They copy-cat each other like 2 year old children. The only good party in Austin is the Brazilian Carnival.

The real parties are up in Dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
Oh yeah and I also dislike the roads and hippies in Austin. Cant stand hicks or hippies and Austin is just crossing the line with the hippies. I like living in Austin, for the school, parties, food, downtown, parties, parties, and parties but everything else about Austin is the same as any place else except roads are 500 times crappier and hippies are out in full force. But hippies are concentrated in one area though, so if you avoid that then its fine, the roads in general just suck, like the designer for the roads can just quit working now for the mediocre job he's done.

Old 03-19-2011, 04:24 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
The parties in Austin suck. I was there for an entire year.
I go to house parties and throw my own parties rather than 6th Street. I don't attend many frat or sorority parties either, only once a school year on that because quite frankly I don't really like frat parties. It's on me and my friends, we normally do a good job when we can throw parties or get time too. I I haven't really partied much here this school year outside of Beginning Weekend either semester and Halloween.

After Spring Break and all throughout summer though, its on though.
Quote:
The real parties are up in Dallas.
I only go to clubs once maybe twice a year or so, and only on vacations. Been to a few house parties in Dallas, was just in Dallas last weekend. I have fun there, but I have more fun in Houston where the bulk of my friends are and the bulk of my fun is. Austin a close second because I have a lot of friends there and we throw house parties.

I don't know all too many people in Dallas, but I know enough to get invites to house parties during spring break and boat parties over at Lake Worth during Spring Break. Dallas is great, I love the city, always said its like my second home after Houston and that's saying something, Dallas just have a very "home" type of feel when I'm there maybe because I used to live there once or maybe because its so similar to Houston and I feel like I know it well, but I prefer Houston more so to it myself. From Lake Livingston to Surfside Beach, I know Houston like its the back of my hand, and over the years have come to appreciate the city for what it has. I have no complaints on Dallas but the only thing its missing is a coastline and beaches.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:28 PM

674 posts, read 1,538,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Absolutely. Al can be a bully when he wants to be...browbeating people upside the head with your opinions is never a proper way to debate. He and I had a disagreement and it wound up escalating into PM's with him calling me a b----h and a ho. Now, I often joke about what a Beautiful, Intelligent Talented, Charming, and Hilarious diva that I am, but I don't appreciate it when some irrelevant stranger comes in talking crazy. I guess some posters aren't accustomed to dealng with women with strong opinions, so when all else fails, name calling is the result. I guess he thought that I would be intimidated into submission, but I grew up with 2 brothers and my daddy was a cop, so I'm not one of these weak ass birds he deals with IRL that he can control. I hope he and others who get all emotional and hysterical when people don't see things their way don't channel their inner Ike Turner or Chris Brown in real life.

I have a right to comfort and security and I didn't feel safe posting on here with people willing to call me all sorts of derogatory names or what sexual acts I ought to perform on my parents. However, I refuse to let e-stalkers "win" and give them that type of power over me, and thanks to Texas' gun laws (one of the FEW things I liked when I lived in that racist, ignorant place), I have weapons to protect myself and as the song says, "I ain't Neva Scared!"

It's never that serious to get all that worked up. I know I can be controversial with my sometimes outrageous opinions, but some posters need to learn not to get so angry when people don't agree with them.
That's crazy! Why didn't you report him for acting like that? Or would it have mattered?

Old 03-19-2011, 07:53 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

From the C-D TOS. Yes, it should have been reported. If it was via DM, there's a record.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
The parties in Austin suck. I was there for an entire year.
I'm guessing you still don't realize just how short a time that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas