U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What do you think of the new Fort Worth downtown bridge?
Its a masterpiece "Love that its pedestrian Friendly" 17 62.96%
its ok 8 29.63%
I Hate it 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 05:35 PM

4,691 posts, read 3,947,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
That doesn't matter. In DFW, the Trinity isn't navigable. What does the Mississippi have to do with it? At least boats can travel on it near the Twin Cities. You think they would have it dammed if it was navigable? The Trinity "River" through DFW is like Brays Bayou through Houston.
IT'S A RIVER! Every river in Texas is small like the Trinity. There are navigable rivers that are dammed! I have seen it on Modern Marvels tv show. They built a lake on a navigable river, the ships go through a lock and dam to get down the river.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 10:46 PM

114 posts, read 86,489 times
I know this is random but I wish Ft Worth would also worry about its horrible parts of the city, like the Northside and diamond hill area, that place is filled with people and zero businesses the only business you can find in Diamond hill is 1 gas station and abandoned commercial zones that have buildings that aren't fixed up I wished Ft Worth would fix that area, the truth about cities is that they won't invest on things that they don't make profits from, so Diamond Hill an Northsode will continue being gang infested and horrible looking , and about the bridge I've seen the design but I tight it was for Dallas' second bridge, I've seen images on it being built in ft worth but it seems kinda too good to be true łöł

Old 07-12-2012, 11:32 PM

1,473 posts, read 985,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
LOL well okay...now I will take Fort Worth bridge over this piece of crap anyday...but anyway kudos to Dallas.
I just dont understand this bridge it looks so werid and out of place, maybe once its all complete

Old 07-13-2012, 02:10 PM
JJG

10,823 posts, read 10,422,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
I just dont understand this bridge it looks so werid and out of place, maybe once its all complete
What bridge?

Old 07-13-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
The bridge is complete.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:56 PM

114 posts, read 86,489 times
It's so halerious how people are getting mad over a bridge if y'all don't like it then deal with it no one is telling you to even look at it or might as well leave Fort Worth just because your scared of a bridge it's so funny how there's always 1 person in the whole world that will disagree and argue about the smallest and simplest things and make into a big deal lol, and I hope Fort Worth actually thinks more ahead of 2030 and looks into how the city will be in a 100 years, they really really really need to improve that skyline, only six skyscarpers that stand out -.- and I only like two of them, The Omni Hotel and the one that was rebuilt (forgot the name), but then again they aren't that tall and could always be built taller :\ oh well whatever this city does I'll always like it even if they come up with bad projects or suggestions, and I love that bridge it's so awesome, way better than Dallas' two bridges, and I hope fort worth passes Dallas because we are the 6th faster growing city in USA and that's way faster than Dallas, I'll stop there getting öff topic but you get my point

Old 07-15-2012, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Worthian View Post
It's so halerious how people are getting mad over a bridge if y'all don't like it then deal with it no one is telling you to even look at it or might as well leave Fort Worth just because your scared of a bridge it's so funny how there's always 1 person in the whole world that will disagree and argue about the smallest and simplest things and make into a big deal lol, and I hope Fort Worth actually thinks more ahead of 2030 and looks into how the city will be in a 100 years, they really really really need to improve that skyline, only six skyscarpers that stand out -.- and I only like two of them, The Omni Hotel and the one that was rebuilt (forgot the name), but then again they aren't that tall and could always be built taller :\ oh well whatever this city does I'll always like it even if they come up with bad projects or suggestions, and I love that bridge it's so awesome, way better than Dallas' two bridges, and I hope fort worth passes Dallas because we are the 6th faster growing city in USA and that's way faster than Dallas, I'll stop there getting öff topic but you get my point
Ok?! Some people don't even realize that Fort Worth is bigger than Miami, Atlanta, Minneapolis, New Orleans and many other cities. Even if Fort Worth passes Dallas, it wouldn't change anything. People will still consider Dallas to be the bigger city (Heck, people still think San Antonio is smaller than Dallas). Just look at San Jose, people have no idea that it's bigger than San Francisco. A vast majority of Fort Worth's growth is suburban. That reinforces the idea of Fort Worth being a suburb of Dallas.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:40 AM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Ok?! Some people don't even realize that Fort Worth is bigger than Miami, Atlanta, Minneapolis, New Orleans and many other cities. Even if Fort Worth passes Dallas, it wouldn't change anything. People will still consider Dallas to be the bigger city (Heck, people still think San Antonio is smaller than Dallas). Just look at San Jose, people have no idea that it's bigger than San Francisco. A vast majority of Fort Worth's growth is suburban. That reinforces the idea of Fort Worth being a suburb of Dallas.
Yeah, I'm just stayin' out of this one.....

*yawn*

Old 07-15-2012, 01:47 PM
JJG

Moderator cut: orphaned

This is what this whole thread is about:

Fort Worth Seventh Street Bridge Project

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 07-16-2012 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: copyrighted photo requires link only

Old 07-15-2012, 02:33 PM

12,333 posts, read 7,782,906 times
I like the bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas