Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 07:10 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,949,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberAzeneth View Post
It has been over an hour and forty minutes with no responses. Here is the answer: Gulf Prairie Cemetery in Jones Creek, Texas. Here are some links: Gulf Prairie Texas., and GULF PRAIRIE, TX | The Handbook of Texas Online| Texas State Historical Association (TSHA), and finally Gulf Prairie Cemetery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. I hope that these help yall.

Here is the next question: "What term/name did the original settlers who received land grants in Moses Austin/Stephen F. Austin's original colony in then what was known as Mexico become known by?"
Old 300
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 07:11 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,603,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Old 300

That is the correct answer. Now it is your turn.

Here are some links about The Old 300: http://cfbca.org/community/old300.aspx , and http://www.austinold300.org/1041.html, and another one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Three_Hundred. I hope these help eveyone.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
That is the correct answer. Now it is your turn.
Texas had the first Railroad west of the Mississippi. What was the first operating RR in Texas and where did it run to and from?

Old 04-10-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Texas had the first Railroad west of the Mississippi. What was the first operating RR in Texas and where did it run to and from?

The Buffalo Bayou, Brazos, and Colorado Railway Company. February 11, 1850. The initial twenty mile segment ran from Harrisburg(now a part of Houston) to Stafford's Point(Stafford) opened September 7, 1853. It is the oldest component of present day Southern Pacific Railroad(now Union Pacific). It was the second railroad west of the Mississippi River. Here is my link: RAILROADS | The Handbook of Texas Online| Texas State Historical Association (TSHA).

Here is the next question: "How many presidential terms did Sam Houston serve?"

Old 04-10-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
The Buffalo Bayou, Brazos, and Colorado Railway Company. February 11, 1850. The initial twenty mile segment ran from Harrisburg(now a part of Houston) to Stafford's Point(Stafford) opened September 7, 1853. It is the oldest component of present day Southern Pacific Railroad(now Union Pacific). It was the second railroad west of the Mississippi River. Here is my link: RAILROADS | The Handbook of Texas Online| Texas State Historical Association (TSHA).

Here is the next question: "How many presidential terms did Sam Houston serve?"
Good job.

Answer:
He served two terms as President. He was the 1st and 3rd President of Texas.
He also served as US senator from Texas and was also Governor of Texas.

Next Question:
On a related not.

Sam Houston was also Governor of which other State?

Old 04-10-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Good job.

Answer:
He served two terms as President. He was the 1st and 3rd President of Texas.
He also served as US senator from Texas and was also Governor of Texas.

Next Question:
On a related not.

Sam Houston was also Governor of which other State?

Tennessee. I stated that earlier in the thread.

Next question: "What was the Black Bean War/Episode?"

Old 04-10-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Tennessee. I stated that earlier in the thread.

Next question: "What was the Black Bean War/Episode?"
LOL, didn't see that.

Answer: The Black bean Episode was the result of captured soldiers from the Mier Expedition. The Soldiers were being moved to mexico city and a number of them escaped. They were recaptured and asked to draw beans from a bag as a means of deciding who will be killed. Those who drew white beans were safe, those who drew black beans were executed.

I already answered that question in another thread

Next Question:
A lot of people think of Texas as a Spanish State, but the first European settlements were not. What was the first European settlement in Texas, and what country founded this settlement?

Old 04-10-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
LOL, didn't see that.

Answer: The Black bean Episode was the result of captured soldiers from the Mier Expedition. The Soldiers were being moved to mexico city and a number of them escaped. They were recaptured and asked to draw beans from a bag as a means of deciding who will be killed. Those who drew white beans were safe, those who drew black beans were executed.

I already answered that question in another thread

Next Question:
A lot of people think of Texas as a Spanish State, but the first European settlements were not. What was the first European settlement in Texas, and what country founded this settlement?

It was France. The French settlement was named Fort Saint Louis. Here is the link: History of Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Here is the next question: "Who originated the Texas Rangers? Basically when was the first time that term, Texas Ranger, was used?"

Old 04-10-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
It was France. The French settlement was named Fort Saint Louis. Here is the link: History of Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Here is the next question: "Who originated the Texas Rangers? Basically when was the first time that term, Texas Ranger, was used?"
Yeah it wasn't after this settlement that Spain was motivated to start settling Texas.

I know little about the Texas Rangers

Old 04-10-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah it wasn't after this settlement that Spain was motivated to start settling Texas.

I know little about the Texas Rangers

Try google HtownLove. You know that I am kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas