Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 01:24 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,112,968 times

Advertisements

Hooray Cptn, you got it!

IMOHO I think the Cowboy boots would be his most recognizable, but that's just me, & my old hood.

So it looks like you answered correctly, and I now turn the next trivia question over to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Bob "Big Daddy" Wade is a Texas artist, some describe at a Texas Art Ambassador. He is responsible for numerous "Texas" sized sculptures, such as giant cowboy boots, giant stuffed frogs (2 are at Carl's Corner truck stop), a giant iguana on the roof of the Lone Star Cafe in New York City. I'm not sure which of his pieces you would consider most famous, probably the iguana.

See images of his artworks here: BobWade

He has also done a series of paintings and prints based on Texas iconographic images.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 02:46 PM

16,787 posts, read 48,846,479 times
I have not seen the cowboy boots up close, they probably leave quite an impression.

Is this them or did he do more then one?

Next Question: Speaking of boots... Where in Texas can you find Ozzy Osbourne's cowboy boots, and the World's largest ___ ___ collection and other odd collectibles? Tell us where and fill in the blanks.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:26 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,610,587 times
Without googling?

Old 06-21-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I have not seen the cowboy boots up close, they probably leave quite an impression.

Is this them or did he do more then one?

Yes Capt. those are the cowboy boots in front of North Star Mall in San Antonio. Everyone who's anyone's favorite mall in San Antonio, except me of course, I hate to shop!!!

Next Question: Speaking of boots... Where in Texas can you find Ozzy Osbourne's cowboy boots, and the World's largest ___ ___ collection and other odd collectibles? Tell us where and fill in the blanks.
I believe the answer to your question is The Trois Estate outside Fredricksburg, near Enchanted Rock is where you can find Ozzy's cowboy boots and the World's largest cap gun collection.

The Trois Estate at Enchanted Rock, Fredericksburg, Texas - Discovering the Trois Estate

Old 06-21-2011, 11:16 AM

16,787 posts, read 48,846,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
I believe the answer to your question is The Trois Estate outside Fredricksburg, near Enchanted Rock is where you can find Ozzy's cowboy boots and the World's largest cap gun collection.

The Trois Estate at Enchanted Rock, Fredericksburg, Texas - Discovering the Trois Estate

That is correct Sweetie Pie, your turn.

Quote:
Fredericksburg, TX - World's Largest Cap Gun Collection
Worlds largest cap gun collection in Fredricksburg, Tx.

World's Largest Cap Gun Collection
The guns are the pride and joy of Chuck Trois, who played R&B guitar on "Expressway To Your Heart" in the late 1960s. Now he and his family own a luxury bed and breakfast / restaurant / day spa / wedding chapel / dinner theater out on the Texas rangeland. The cap guns are displayed in a 5,000-square-foot museum that doubles as a reception hall -- the cream of a multi-million-dollar collection so vast that Chuck has only a rough idea of how many he owns. The oldest gun on display dates from 1792, and his one-of-a-kind Pioneer Negro cap gun rig in mint condition has been estimated to be worth $50,000, although Chuck claims that he would never sell it.
Other items reported to be in Trois' museum include the world's oldest electric vending machine and Ozzy Osbourne's cowboy boots.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:10 PM

Thank you Cptn. Sorry I was out plowing the back 40 all day & just got in.

Was thinking of a question today, while in the pasture and came up with this:

Does anyone know............

Who were the "Old Three Hundred"?

Old 06-22-2011, 10:50 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,107,332 times
Quote:

Might want to reword that to "who ARE."

There is an organization active since the 1980s that was formed by descendants of the "original" Austin colonists/land grant recipients.

http://www.austinold300.org/

Old 06-22-2011, 03:17 PM

10,238 posts, read 19,516,642 times
Quote:
Weren't those the last 300 surviving "horny toads" in Texas?

Seriously, just had to inteject a fictional lament...

Go ahead, Joqua!

Old 06-22-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Might want to reword that to "who ARE."

There is an organization active since the 1980s that was formed by descendants of the "original" Austin colonists/land grant recipients.

http://www.austinold300.org/

OMG joqua, you got it!!!

Here I thought I would be the "smart" one and dig up a little Texas History quiz, and give y'all one of the questions that I got wrong. {Big surprise}

Here was the question with multiple choice answers, no less:

#8 Who were the Old Three Hundred?

a)The first families to settle in Texas with Stephen Austin
b)The first families to settle in Texas with Moses Austin
c)The last survivors of the French settlement at Fort St. Louis
d)The last Comanches to be driven out of Texas

The correct answer is The first families to settle in Texas with Stephen Austin

52.6% of people have also gotten it wrong.

Congratulations, and thanks so much for the "extra" knowledge on the Old Three Hundred!

Please do us the honor of asking the next question.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Weren't those the last 300 surviving "horny toads" in Texas?

Seriously, just had to inteject a fictional lament...
Oh how I miss those cute little things!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas