Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:25 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,476,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Yeah; I remember in Waco our neighbors were nudist and approached us about it and it was probably more embarrassing for us than them. We didn't know they were serious, but my parents said it was OK as long as they weren't out in the front yard. They use to let their kids swim in the front yard naked though; which was awkward considering the oldest was like 13.
Wow! Lots of nudists in TX! Must be all that warm weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 10:46 AM

27 posts, read 155,676 times
pegotty, my husband was first introduced to the idea of nudism when he was stationed in Germany back in the 80s. He claimed that at many popular lakes there were more nudists than non-nudists.

I was terrified & disgusted at the idea at first, until we went on vacation to Jamaica several years ago. All I can say is if you ever try it (especially swimming nude) you'll be hard pressed to ever don a swimsuit again. Once you get past the intial shock it just seems so natural.

technically, I really doubt that we'd be considered true nudists by those that claim to hardly ever wear clothes. We mainly enjoy it outdoors in the sun.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:05 AM

295 posts, read 1,169,259 times
pics or didnt happen

Old 04-13-2011, 11:18 AM

71 posts, read 143,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexBama View Post
nude in our own backyard? We just moved here from Alabama & now live in the Kingwood area. We have neighbors on both sides as well as behind us, and two of them have upstairs windows that look directly down into our backyard / pool area. We have an eight foot wood privacy fence & hubby has added lots of landscaping (bananas, bamboo, palms etc.) but it may be a couple of years before we're totally screened from our neighbors. We're closet nudists (we don't really tell anyone) so we're a little uncomfortable with actually asking our neighbors if they object. We have gone so far as calling the police ourselves to see what they say about it, but always seem to get a different answer. They have told us that as long as we've made an attempt to screen the view with an eight foot fence we have nothing to worry about, even if our neighbors can see us....just as long as we can't be seen by the public driving or walking down our street. But call another day & speak with someone different & we've been told that we could be arrested for indecent exposure if our neighbors can see us from anywhere inside their house. Does anyone know who is right? We've been nudists for years & can't stand the thought of wearing a swimsuit while sunbathing, and even more so while swimming in our pool. Before anyone asks, we will NOT be doing anything sexual while outside of our house; we're not perverts. We will take every precaution we can to not be seen, but certainly do not want to be arrested just in case someone catches a glimpse now & then. We've also researched Texas laws regarding nudity, but they're a little vague & difficult to interpret. Any help or comments from personal experience will be appreciated. Thanks!
You visit each neighbor that has a view to your backyard with home baked chocolate chips cookies in hands to introduce yourself. After making small talks, tell them your situation and see if it's cool with them. Next go back to your backyard and relax worry free.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:28 AM

594 posts, read 1,249,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Is he hot?

How big is your window upstairs?

Hmmm if I were single, I'd hit it.

The windows line a hallway and they are almost ceiling to floor.. As in I could stand in front of them inside and you could see all but my feet. So yeah, we try to be respectful and not get all National Geographic Explorer on him and his outside happenings. But like I said, he's not grilling or gardening in the nude so there's precious little to be of interest.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:46 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Grilling in the nude would be a very bad idea!

Old 04-13-2011, 11:51 AM

594 posts, read 1,249,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Agreed!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:03 PM

2,277 posts, read 3,960,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
granted an apron does count as clothing, but you don't exactly need to wear a hazmat suit.

But yes, protect yourself from hot grease splatter.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:36 PM

27 posts, read 155,676 times
SWHoustonOpinion: we're both very health conscious (nutritionally, at least) so I haven't baked any chocolate chip cookies in years. Would a nice organically-grown fruit plate suffice? :>)

Lost in Translation: Have never worn an apron outdoors. They make for some really weird tanlines.....and we don't like those! You just have to remember to maintain the proper anti-splatter distance.....not all that difficult, really. Don't actually do that too often, unless we decide to start dinner while we're out at the pool. Have never done it at this house, but did a few times back in Alabama.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:41 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,603,301 times
TexBama, you have a right your privacy so go for it. I am sure the organic fruit tray would work as an ice breaker with your neighbors. BTW, do yall have children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas