Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:15 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times

Advertisements

Moved per request...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 03:17 PM

94 posts, read 294,881 times
It's very funny to see the posts here - especially those getting overly serious, and those saying you should seek out all levels of law enforcement and "authority". That's just asking for trouble and complications. I mean, come on, this is their home, and we're all humans right? LOL

This should be a simple matter; don't draw a lot of attention to yourselves, and try to add privacy fencing or shielding (something you can put up and take down easily so it isn't an unapproved house modification). Just use discretion and common sense, and then have fun and enjoy yourselves!

This isn't rocket science, it still is America, and we should all lighten up and enjoy life. Too much seriousness and overthinking here.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:23 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
That's all well and good until somebody with binoculars 2 blocks over calls the cops and the president of the HOA. Forewarned is forearmed.
Half my neighbors check the sex offender list weekly.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:29 PM

So couples minding their own business at their home are "sex offenders" WTF??!?! And the perverts with binoculars are what, wonderful citizens?!?

You've got it all backwards my friend. That's insanity.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:34 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoid View Post
Hmmm if I were single, I'd hit it.

The windows line a hallway and they are almost ceiling to floor.. As in I could stand in front of them inside and you could see all but my feet. So yeah, we try to be respectful and not get all National Geographic Explorer on him and his outside happenings. But like I said, he's not grilling or gardening in the nude so there's precious little to be of interest.
When are you having us all over

jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Grilling in the nude would be a very bad idea!
YIKES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglesmith View Post
It's very funny to see the posts here - especially those getting overly serious, and those saying you should seek out all levels of law enforcement and "authority". That's just asking for trouble and complications. I mean, come on, this is their home, and we're all humans right? LOL

This should be a simple matter; don't draw a lot of attention to yourselves, and try to add privacy fencing or shielding (something you can put up and take down easily so it isn't an unapproved house modification). Just use discretion and common sense, and then have fun and enjoy yourselves!

This isn't rocket science, it still is America, and we should all lighten up and enjoy life. Too much seriousness and overthinking here.

I would not even go so much as asking the neighbors or such at all. It's my backyard and from all indications it sounds like none of them have kids nor use the rooms upstairs.

Life is too serious. Laugh a little and let it all go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
That's all well and good until somebody with binoculars 2 blocks over calls the cops and the president of the HOA. Forewarned is forearmed.
Sunbathing in the nude in ones OWN PRIVATE backyard that is FULLY FENCED and screened does not make one a sex offender.

Like I said, if someone were to call the police because they saw me naked in MY backyard (and if I could post a pic of it I will one would see just how hard it would be for ANY person to see OVER or THRU the trees and all) would be the one facing some serious trouble. I'd get THEM labeled the sex offender if they pushed too hard. Why? Because I personally was minding my own business, on private property that is fully 100% fenced and screened for secure privacy. By them being THAT nosy I'd get them labeled as a peeping tom and voyeur. As that is full and well what they would be.

Besides, on the sex offender lists it tells what ones crime was. I can see that one and I'd laugh and not take that persons "crime" serious at all. It's not sexual assualt or any such either so it's not really a sex crime at all. I'd LOVE to see proof that someone has had to register as a sex offender for minding their own business in their OWN PRIVATE HOUSE and YARD. If you know of one..... please, post it. No, "I heard" either.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglesmith View Post
So couples minding their own business at their home are "sex offenders" WTF??!?! And the perverts with binoculars are what, wonderful citizens?!?

You've got it all backwards my friend. That's insanity.
They would be perverts and labeled as voyeurs.

I'd much rather be known as the person that sunbathes nude in my own backyard (or at a topless or nude beach) than a VOYEUR and pervert!

Speaking of.......... too bad I wasn't home much today or else it would have been a PERFECT day to sunbathe. Maybe tomorrow.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:39 PM

It was nice and sunny today, and lower humidity (at least in Houston). Yep, a good one for sunbathing.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 PM

27 posts, read 155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Speaking of.......... too bad I wasn't home much today or else it would have been a PERFECT day to sunbathe. Maybe tomorrow.
too bad we're not neighbors. we could toss water balloons over the fence at each other.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexBama View Post
too bad we're not neighbors. we could toss water balloons over the fence at each other.
LOL!!! When it's really hot out that might feel good.

I'm laughing as me, the native Texan, can't get my native Bama boy to sunbathe with me. LOL!! So your screen name and this topic are cracking me up.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:54 PM

27 posts, read 155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Crone, thankfully Kingwood is very heavily wooded (it's been called "the liveable forest") so no one more than one house over in any direction is going to see much, binoculars or no binoculars. I'm not sure if we even have a HOA; if we do we haven't been contacted by them since we moved here.

I doubt that we could ever wind up on a sex offender list, since we definitely don't do any hanky-panky outside of the bedroom.....or at least outside of the house. We both use spray-on sunscreen, so we don't even rub lotion on each other while outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas